If you or a loved one was involved in a car accident involving a rental car in the New Orleans parish, the Morris Bart law firm can help you recover compensation for your collision-related losses. Should your case be successful, you can avoid paying for certain expenses out of your own savings.
These expenses could include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Costs associated with wrongful death, including loss of consortium
Our legal team wants to get started on your case today. A New Orleans rental car lawyer can examine the details of your situation, negotiate with the involved parties, and represent you in court, if necessary. To get started pursuing justice, call the Morris Bart law firm at (504) 613-4771.
Steps to Take Following a Rental Car Accident
At the Morris Bart law firm, our New Orleans car accident attorneys understand that right now you are likely recovering from the injuries you sustained in the rental car accident. You may be in a position where you can take measures on your own behalf to increase the chances of a positive outcome for your personal injury claim.
Some of those measures (depending on your situation) include:
- Seeking immediate medical care for your injuries and completing your doctor’s recommended course of treatment
- Saving copies of all documents pertaining to your medical care, including imaging scans, test results, insurance statements, doctor’s bills, prescription medications, and information regarding follow-up appointments
- Filing a crash report with the Louisiana Department of Public Safety & Corrections, which is mandatory under LA Revised Statute §32:398
One of the most important pieces of advice we can give you is to let your legal team handle all communications with the involved insurance companies. While you are recovering from your injuries, you may be contacted by the liable party’s insurer offering a fast settlement. No matter how sympathetic they may appear to your situation, their goal is to stop you from going to court. If you accept any amount of money from the insurance company, that will be the end of your case, and you will be barred from litigation.
A New Orleans rental car lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm can review your accident-related expenses and come up with a figure that represents your losses. You would not want to accept a settlement from the insurance company only to find that it does not cover the cost of your damages.
For a free legal consultation with a Rental Car Accident lawyer serving New Orleans, call 800-537-8185
Liability in a Rental Car Accident
What party to pursue for your losses will depend on the details of your situation. For example, if you were driving a rental car and another motorist struck you, liability generally rests on the other driver.
However, if you were hit by a rental car, the details of who to pursue for your damages rest on:
- The contract the other driver entered into when they rented the vehicle
- Whether the accident was caused by a defective component of the rental car
- If the other driver purchased insurance with the rental car agency before driving
- Either way, your case will rest on your lawyer establishing negligence.
This process involves:
- Showing that the other motorist had a duty of care
- Establishing that the liable motorist breached this obligation
- Demonstrating that because of their actions, the other party caused an accident that resulted in your damages
- Proving that as a direct result of the motorist’s actions, you suffered injuries
To learn more about what this process entails and what it means for your case, call the Morris Bart law firm at (504) 613-4771.
Services a Lawyer Can Provide
When you work with the Morris Bart law firm, we take the outcome of your case just as seriously as you do. The services our team of New Orleans personal injury lawyers provides will rest on the needs of your case. We may not need to collect evidence to support your case if you already have documents on hand that support your claim. We may not have to take your case to court if we are able to reach a settlement agreement with the involved parties without a judge’s verdict. Every case is different.
Some of the services your New Orleans rental car lawyer can perform on your behalf include:
- Estimating the value of your damages
- Collecting evidence to support your account of events
- Consulting with third-party field experts
- Filing prompt legal action
- Managing communications with the involved parties
- Filing a lawsuit, if necessary
We encourage you to call our team as soon as possible. Under Civil Code 3492, you have a one-year period from the date of the collision to file a civil action with the Louisiana court system. Yet, certain details of your situation may extend this deadline. As we said before, every case is different.
Working with the Morris Bart law firm allows a legal professional to examine the details of your case and implement a course of action that supports your best interests. Call today.
We Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis
We understand that right now, you are likely experiencing financial stress as a result of your accident. Therefore, our team works on a contingency-fee basis. We only get paid for our services if we successfully obtain compensation for you. If we cannot bring about a successful resolution to your case, then you do not owe us any attorney’s fees. We are only paid out of the settlement amount that we recover for you.
Call Today For a Free Case Review
We understand that nobody gets behind the wheel and expects to be in an accident. A collision can happen in a second and cause harm that lasts a lifetime. We want to get started fighting for justice on your behalf today.
To start a free case review with a member of our team, call the Morris Bart law firm at (504) 613-4771.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.