Rental cars are common on roadways across the United States, including in cities like Biloxi, Mississippi. Unfortunately, this increases the possibility of getting into an accident with one of these vehicles, which can lead to a complex personal injury case.
If this happened to you, consider hiring a Biloxi rental car accident lawyer to advocate for your right to receive compensation. If you and your attorney can show that the rental car driver was operating the vehicle in a dangerous or reckless manner before causing the accident, you will increase your chance of receiving a settlement for your injuries.
Contact the team at the Morris Bart law firm at (228) 357-9621 for a free review of your case. Since we work on a contingency fee basis, you will not need to pay us anything upfront. Our fee will come from a percentage of the final settlement or award if we are able to secure one on your behalf.
Negligence in Rental Car Accidents
There are a number of reasons why someone driving a rental car could cause a collision with other drivers on the road leading to injuries. These include drivers who are:
- Unsure of the area: Someone driving a rental car may not be a resident of the Biloxi area. As a result, he or she is likely not familiar with the local roads, weather conditions, and potential hazards, increasing the chance of the driver making an error.
- Unfamiliar with the car: A rental car driver may not be as familiar with the controls and in-vehicle information systems of the rental car versus the car he or she normally drives. This unfamiliarity can lead to the rental car driver making an error.
- Exhibiting risky behavior: Someone who is driving a rental car that has more power than the car he or she normally drives—such as a sports car—may try to test out the power of the rental, leading to a higher possibility of reckless driving and a subsequent collision.
- Hurrying to their destination: While on vacation, a driver may be in a hurry to arrive at a destination. As such, the driver may not adjust to hazards in the road as successfully as someone who is driving at the speed limit.
For a free legal consultation with a Rental Car Accident lawyer serving Biloxi, call (228) 357-9621
Protecting Your Ability to Seek Damages in a Rental Car Collision Case
When someone driving a rental car in a negligent manner causes your injuries, you will need to prove negligence, and you will also need to determine which insurance company is responsible for paying your damages.
You may want to hire a Biloxi rental car accident lawyer to work on your behalf. The team at the Morris Bart law firm will study the facts in the case, examining police reports and insurance policies, studying video and photographs of the scene, and interviewing witnesses. Through our investigation, we can determine who should be held liable for your injuries.
Call us at (228) 357-9621 for a free consultation. We are ready to discuss your case.
Biloxi Rental Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (228) 357-9621
Determining Liability in a Rental Car Accident Case
There are multiple types of insurance coverage available for rental car drivers. When a driver of a rental car causes you injuries, it is important to figure out exactly which insurance coverage is active. Your attorney can help with this process. The following are types of insurance coverage the rental driver may have:
- Coverage purchased through the rental car company, as the Insurance Information Institute (III) outlines
- Holding coverage through the driver’s personal auto policy, as it has a clause to cover rental cars
- Rental coverage available through a credit card program
- Travel insurance coverage
- Coverage through a special rental car insurance policy from a third party
Some cases may involve more than one of the coverage options above. This can quickly complicate your personal injury claim and prolong the time it takes to receive compensation. Rather than wasting your time and energy searching for the right insurer, you can hire a lawyer to do this work for you while you turn to your recovery.
Covering Your Medical Bills After a Rental Car Accident
If you suffer significant injuries in a collision with the rental car driver, you could be facing extremely high medical bills and a long period of being unable to work. As such, you and your attorney may find that the insurance for the rental car driver does not have enough liability coverage to award you a fair settlement.
In a case like this, your attorney may choose to take the case to court on your behalf in order to hold the driver responsible for your remaining damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Do Not Have to Handle Your Case Alone
If the insurance company for the negligent party contacts you after the collision, the adjuster may try to convince you to take the first settlement offer available. While this might allow you to receive compensation right away and put the accident behind you, it will not necessarily address all of your damages.
Another benefit of hiring an accident attorney with our firm is that we can help you determine if the insurance company’s offer is fair based on your injuries and losses. If not, we can negotiate for a higher amount on your behalf or seek further compensation through a lawsuit.
Morris Bart, LTD Is Ready to Help
When you hire a Biloxi rental car accident lawyer from our firm, you will have an advocate working in your best interest, rather than in the interest of the insurance company or the negligent driver. Contact the Morris Bart law firm today at (228) 357-9621 for a free case review so we can begin discussing your claim.
Questions?Call (228) 357-9621
to find a Morris Bart office near you.