We were the official injury law firm of the Alabama Crimson Tide from 2016-2019
Even the most minor accident can have disastrous effects. Medical bills are expensive, and if you need any time to recover, missed work makes it hard to pay for anything, let alone treatment. You could be able to get compensation for all of that.
If you or a loved one were a victim of a personal injury accident in Huntsville, you have the legal right to seek a payout for your accident-related losses. Recover the compensation you need and deserve. A Huntsville personal injury lawyer can work to help you prove your case.
Our law firm can offer you a free consultation with a member of our personal injury team. We have over 40 years of experience in personal injury law. Our results speak for themselves. Let us give you the support you need to move forward from your injuries.
Damages You Can Recover After an Accident
When we represent victims of Huntsville personal injury accidents, our goal is to help them hold the at-fault parties liable and recover a payout for their accident-related expenses and losses. We may be able to file a claim and support it with evidence that shows how much you or your loved one has lost as a result of the accident.
Filing a claim with a strong case to support it may lead to a settlement with the insurance company, but only if they are willing to negotiate a fair value for the case. If they continue to undercut with lowball offers, we may need to take the case to trial and let the court decide.
Recoverable damages in a personal injury case may include:
- Hospitalization and medical treatment
- Current and future lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damages related to the accident
- Pain and suffering damages
- Wrongful death damages
Your personal injury attorney in Huntsville will know how to calculate all of your damages, both what you’ve already had to pay and what you’re likely to pay in the future. By showing the full breadth of your expenses, they will make sure you can support yourself while you recover.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Huntsville, call (256) 666-3010
How Do You Prove Negligence?
Any personal injury claim revolves around negligence. When your injuries are caused by a negligent party, they are liable to pay for your damages. That means, for your claim to be valid, the following must be true:
- The other party owed you a duty of care. This is the standard to which anyone in a certain situation can be expected to treat others. That can be following traffic laws, keeping safe premises, giving you the medical treatment you need, or any other number of actions to keep you safe and healthy.
- The other party breached that duty of care. That breach of duty is what lawyers talk about when they say “negligence.”
- The other party’s breach of duty caused specific damages.
Even if your case seems clear-cut to you, your lawyer will still need to prove that it is more likely than not that the other party was negligent. To do that, they’ll investigate your case and gather evidence that shows what happened and how it affected you. That can include:
- Security footage
- Photos or video of the scene of the accident
- Medical documents
- Licenses or driving records
- Accident reconstruction
- Witness statements
- Expert testimony
Our personal injury lawyers know what they’re doing. We have years of experience helping injury victims, and we know exactly where to look to find the evidence you need.
Huntsville Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (256) 666-3010
How Do You Choose the Right Personal Injury Attorney in Huntsville for Your Case?
When choosing a personal injury lawyer, it’s very important to pick one who not only works well with you but also has your best interests in mind. Plenty of lawyers seem nice enough, but they only care about making money. There are some telltale signs you can look for that show how well an attorney is going to handle your case and what they care about.
To choose the right Huntsville personal injury attorney, you should look for:
- Experience: A law firm that has been working with cases like yours for years is much more likely to get the results that you need than an inexperienced attorney.
- Results: It may help you to look at what a personal injury law firm has done for others so you can see what they’re capable of. Good results for other injured people could mean good results for you as well.
- No up-front charges: If a lawyer wants you to pay them part or all of their fees before your case is over, then that’s a sign that they may just want to make money. You should choose a firm that doesn’t charge anything until you get your results.
- Free consultations: When an attorney offers a free consultation, it’s a good sign that they’re confident in their abilities. You shouldn’t have to pay to just see how a lawyer can help you.
One of our personal injury lawyers in Huntsville will talk to you for free so you can get a good idea of what our firm is about. Anyone who works for us will show you why people in Alabama look to Morris Bart, LLC, after an accident.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), accidents are ranked as the fifth-highest cause of death in the state of Alabama, with 2,703 fatalities in 2017. If you were hurt in an accident, our Huntsville personal injury lawyers may be able to help you prove that another person’s negligent actions led to the accident that caused your injuries.
We handle a wide variety of personal injury accident cases, including:
If you believe someone else caused your accident and injuries, your case may support a personal injury claim. A personal injury lawyer in Huntsville can review your case to see if you have grounds for a lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How a Huntsville Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Build a Strong Case
We understand how an accident can affect almost every aspect of your life. You may suddenly need help taking care of everyday tasks, be unable to work, and must undergo extensive treatment and rehabilitation.
When you let us handle your claim, you can focus on your physical recovery while we seek a financial one on your behalf. Our personal injury lawyers in Huntsville can:
- Investigate the cause of your accident
- Identify the at-fault party
- Gather evidence to support your claim
- Confer with medical experts about your recovery
- Calculate your financial losses due to the accident
- Handle all communications with insurance for you
- Negotiate your settlement
- Represent you in court, if necessary
Your lawyer will simplify the legal proceedings and address any questions or concerns you may have. Working with a personal injury attorney in Huntsville lets you focus on your recovery while we handle your case.
How Much does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
We understand that an accident can leave you with medical bills and the inability to work and earn a living. Our law firm will not contribute to your financial concerns. We offer free, no-obligation case reviews for new clients to hear about their legal options.
Our attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis. Our legal fee is paid by a percentage of your settlement or court award. We only get paid fees when you do. If we can’t secure a financial win, you owe us no attorneys fees.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
There are deadlines for filing a personal injury lawsuit after your accident, as outlined in Alabama Code §6-2-38. You typically only have two years after your accident to initiate your claim. This means you will need to act promptly.
Ideally, your lawyer should get started on your case as soon as possible to navigate each step as it comes and give it the full attention it deserves.
A Huntsville Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
The Huntsville personal injury attorneys at Morris Bart, LLC, represent Alabama clients after they suffer accidents due to someone else’s carelessness, negligence, or recklessness. Our attorneys are ready to help you recover your financial losses.
Call us today to get started on your personal injury case. We want to help you during this difficult time.
Questions?Call us, Alabama.