Your Official Montgomery Injury Lawyers
When you sustain injuries due to the actions of another person or entity, you can hold the responsible parties accountable. At Morris Bart & Associates, LLC, we believe that every personal injury victim should have the opportunity to file a claim or lawsuit against the negligent party and receive compensation for their injuries.
If you live in Montgomery, AL, and require the services of a personal injury lawyer, look no further than Morris Bart & Associates, LLC. In the last three decades, we have handled countless cases like yours and are still eager to take on new challenges. Call right now at (334) 523-0664 to review your case with a personal injury lawyer in Montgomery from our team.
The Basis of Personal Injury Cases
In personal injury cases, the owner of a property or controller of an asset has a duty of care. When they breach that duty of care and someone dies or suffers injuries, the injured party can file a claim or sue them to collect compensation for their injuries and losses. Such personal injury cases include:
Premises Liability Cases
Owners of public and private property should exercise reasonable care to ensure that they protect the people visiting their premises from unnecessary risks. If the property falls below the standard of care, the injured party can hold the property owners liable. The owners’ legal duty to maintain a standard of care may include:
- Conducting a routine property inspection.
- Employing robust cleaning, maintenance, and repair services.
- Warning visitors about the risks of being on the property.
Motor Vehicle Accident Cases
These cases make up a significant number of personal injury claims in the United States. A typical car accident may involve a personal car, moving truck, cement truck, or tow truck colliding into other motorists or pedestrians. Common causes include:
- Driver negligence
- Driving under the influence
- Reckless and distracted driving
- Unqualified drivers
- Lack of vehicle maintenance
- Overloading large trucks
Medical Malpractice Cases
The negligent actions of health care providers can lead to devastating results that include severe injuries and wrongful death. While medical malpractice cases are complex, the services of a personal injury lawyer can help greatly. These cases may include:
- Birth injury
- Medication mistakes
- Pharmacy errors
- Misdiagnosis and missed diagnosis
- Improper treatment
- Surgical errors
Animal Bites Cases
If a dog bites you, the owner can be held financially liable and ordered to cover the damages for your injuries. Alabama Statute 3-6-1 allows victims to exercise their legal rights and file a claim against the owner. The state can hold the owner accountable based on the following:
- Negligent abandonment.
- Inadequate training.
- Failure to warn victims about the animal’s aggression.
- Concealing the past dog’s aggression and propensity to bite.
- Abusing the animal and causing it to hurt others due to fear.
Products Liability Cases
A personal injury victim can file a product liability claim if they purchased a product that harmed their health in any way. Examples of such products include defective or dangerous foods, drugs, vehicle parts, and medical devices. When this happens, the following people can be held liable:
- The entities or individuals who designed the product.
- The entities or individuals who manufactured the product.
- The entities or individuals who marketed the product.
- The entities or individuals who sold the product.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Montgomery, call (334) 523-0664
Before You File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Before you take legal action, we recommend that you take a few critical steps. These steps, when completed successfully, can help you to build a solid case against the parties involved.
- Seek medical attention immediately. While some injuries manifest immediately, others delay. This delay is why we recommend that you see a doctor immediately to receive thorough examinations. Also, having a medical report helps connect your injuries to the accident.
- File a police report. If the accident occurred on public or private property, locate the manager of the establishment and file a report. If it was an attack or any form of personal injury case, call the police immediately. In all cases, remember to ask for a copy of the reports they file.
- Take photos and videos. Digital evidence can help your case significantly. If you do not have a phone on your person, ask a bystander for help. It is best to take this step while on the premises or the location where the accident occurred. Furthermore, remember to preserve your footwear and clothes.
- Collect the contact information of witnesses. It is necessary to obtain the contact information and address of anyone who saw what happened. Whether it is a slip and fall accident or car accident, make sure that you find several people to corroborate your story and hopefully testify when the need arises.
- Preserve your expense records. Depending on your claim, you may be entitled to receive compensation for the losses you have suffered. Keeping your expense records can help your lawyer negotiate during the settlement or trial.
- Hire a personal injury lawyer. While it may be tempting to face the liable parties and their insurance company alone, we advise that you seek the services of a Montgomery personal injury lawyer from Morris Bart & Associates, LLC. We can help you get the compensation you are legally owed. Call us at (334) 523-0664 for a free consultation.
Montgomery Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (334) 523-0664
Morris Bart & Associates, LLC Can Help You Today
Thirty years ago, we committed to fight for personal injury victims in Montgomery. Today, we are still going strong with countless success stories in our books and have no plans of slowing down. We want you to be a part of the winning team. Contact one of our personal injury lawyers in Montgomery today at (334) 523-0664 for a free case review and to see how we can help.
Our Montgomery office serves the counties of Autauga, Elmore, Lowndes, and Montgomery, including the cities of Prattville and Millbrook. We are located in the RSA Union Building at the intersection of Madison Avenue and North Union Street, steps away from the Alabama State Capital building. The local police station and court house are only a few blocks away.