Lafayette Personal Injury Lawyer
Filing a lawsuit against those responsible for your injuries can be an overwhelming process if you do not have the right resources, industry knowledge, and legal experience. It can also be time-consuming and confusing, especially when the liable party’s insurance company offers a settlement.
We recommend you seek the advice of a Lafayette personal injury lawyer from Morris Bart, LLC to take care of all your legal needs in Louisiana. It’s best to call us as soon as possible after your accident, and preferably before you’ve spoken to the at-fault party’s insurer.
Is It Worth Getting a Personal Injury Lawyer?
In cases of serious accidents and injuries, it’s probably obvious that you need a Lafayette personal injury attorney. However, if the damage was moderate and the injuries weren’t critical, you may not be sure if getting a lawyer is worth the time, money, and effort.
It may not be worth getting a lawyer in every case, but it is always worth scheduling a free consultation to learn more about your options. If your claim meets the three elements of standing to sue, you very well may have a valid case.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Lafayette, call (337) 446-4571
How Much Money Can I Get from a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Your Lafayette personal injury lawyer may be able to recover damages for economic and non-economic damages. How much money you will get in your settlement will depend on your injury-related expenses. Here are some of the results we’ve secured for our clients:
- $852,845 for the victim of a car accident
- $650,000 for the victim of a drunk driver
- $640,000 for a plaintiff who was injured at work
- $550,000 for the victim of a hit and run
- $490,000 for the victim of a truck accident
- $430,000 for the victim of a bicycle accident
During your initial consultation, you will speak to a member of our team who will assess your damages and give you an estimate of your potential settlement.
Lafayette Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 446-4571
What Percentage Do Personal Injury Attorneys Take?
One thing many injury victims appreciate is the fact that they don’t have to have any money upfront to pay their personal injury attorney in Lafayette, LA. Instead, they will pay for the lawyer’s services via a contingency fee agreement. This means the law firm covers the costs upfront, then they get between 30% and 40% of your settlement.
Simply, if you don’t win, you don’t pay.
What Kind of Cases Do Personal Injury Lawyers Handle?
There are a variety of situations that can cause an individual to suffer an injury. These are some of the most common reasons people work with Lafayette personal injury lawyers:
- Slip and fall accidents: When an individual or entity fails to take proper safety measures, such as putting out a wet floor sign when there is a slippery hazard, people may get hurt.
- Medical malpractice: Healthcare providers must adhere to a standard of care. Failure to do so may result in wrongful death, emotional distress, disability, or permanent damage.
- Workplace accidents: Employees can sustain injuries when employers fail to maintain a safe working environment. Due to the nature of certain jobs, such as working on a construction site, it is critical to observe workplace safety precautions.
- Animal bites or stings: The law requires pet owners to be responsible for their pets. Otherwise, they can be held liable if their dogs bite and injure someone.
- Motor vehicle accidents: Driving under the influence, distracted driving, speeding, failure to perform routine maintenance checks, and hiring negligent drivers are a few of the most common reasons why car accidents occur.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Compensation for Fatal Personal Injury Accidents
When a personal injury accident involves death, the deceased’s family may be able to recover punitive and monetary damages in a wrongful death lawsuit. The monetary compensation a personal injury lawyer in Lafayette can recover includes:
- Medical bills
- Loss of society
- Loss of future income
- Funeral expenses
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering of the decedent before death
Immediate Steps to Take Following a Personal Injury Accident
If you or a loved one sustain injuries due to the negligent actions of another person or entity, you should take the following steps. By doing so, you are one step ahead in building a solid case against the responsible parties.
- Visit the doctor: We recommend that you visit the doctor immediately after the accident – regardless of how you feel. While some injuries are visible, others are internal or manifest later.
- Take photographs: If you are able to move after the accident, try to take video or photographs of the scene. By doing this, you will preserve the hazardous conditions which led to your injuries.
- Get additional evidence: Identify anyone who witnessed the accident and obtain their contact information and address. It is essential that you preserve your clothes and footwear as soon as you get home, so store the items in the same condition they were in when the accident occurred.
- File an incident report: If the accident took place at a business establishment, we recommend that you find the manager and file a report. If it involved an attack, call the police and file a report as well, and be sure to ask for copies of all reports.
- Hire a personal injury lawyer: If you are considering taking legal action, we can help you to recover damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
When a Personal Injury Lawyer from Morris Bart, LLC Works for You
Our personal injury lawyers represent people with psychological or physical injury due to the negligent actions of other people or entities. When you hire us, we will handle communicating with the insurance companies and represent you at the negotiating table. There are many things we can do to help you win your case.
A few services we provide include:
- Assessing your case and evaluating its merit: This service will help us to weigh your legal options and build a solid case.
- Investigating the accident and gathering evidence to support your claims: We may interview witnesses and call on experts in specific fields to testify.
- Helping you to recover damages: Recoverable damages would include medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering
- Filing your claim: We will file claims against the insurance companies and negotiate with them on your behalf.
When you hire us, we will get to work immediately, and you will finally have the time to focus on your emotional and physical well-being. A Lafayette personal injury lawyer from Morris Bart, LLC will protect the legal rights of clients and help them recover compensation. To learn more about our legal strategies, call now to discuss your case with a member of our team.
Questions?Call us, Louisiana.
Our Lafayette Attorneys