Although accidents can happen every day, most of them only result in minor bumps and bruises and a slight blow to the ego. However, it is a different story when these accidents result in something more, such as devastating injuries, excruciating pain, and a future filled with ongoing medical treatments. Worse yet, serious accidents that occurred because of a person’s reckless or negligent actions could have been prevented.
If you suffered harm in a Hoover accident because of another individual’s wrongful actions, you should not be left to deal with these tragic consequences on your own. Rather, you deserve justice and compensation for the harm you sustained. That is why in these situations, you should reach out to an experienced Hoover personal injury attorney as soon as possible and let these lawyers take on this legal fight on your behalf and go after the financial damages you need.
How Is Fault Determined in a Hoover Personal Injury Claim?
Personal injury claims often arise from incidents where a party’s wrongful actions caused another person harm. Generally, these wrongful actions are due to negligence, which is defined as conduct that falls below the standard of care expected of a reasonable person and injures another individual.
Before a victim can claim that another person’s negligent actions caused their damages, they still need to prove the following elements of negligence:
- The at-fault party owed them a legal duty of care.
- The at-fault party breached this duty.
- This breach resulted in the victim suffering harm and losses.
- The victim incurred monetary damages as a result of the injuries.
It is also important to point out that not all personal injury claims result from negligence. An individual harmed in an accident can also prove fault in other ways, such as establishing that the defendant’s intentional conduct caused their harm or that the case is governed by “strict liability” or “negligence per se.”
That is why, if you have been involved in a Hoover personal injury accident, you should reach out to an experienced Hoover personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. These lawyers can promptly investigate your case, figure out what happened, and help you pursue the damages you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Hoover, call 800-537-8185
Factors That Affect a Hoover Personal Injury Case
When it comes to personal injury claims, no specific timelines dictate the amount of time it will take for a case to settle. Although experienced lawyers can give you a general idea of how long it may take for your case to be resolved, when it comes to the specifics, there are just too many factors that can impact this period of time, such as:
- Your injuries: Depending on the severity of your injuries, the value of your claim can increase substantially. As a result, in these instances, the insurer may try to extend the investigation process or make it harder to collect the money you need.
- Medical improvements:It is recommended that you wait to discuss a settlement until you reach maximum medical improvement. This way, you have a better idea of your medical costs and whether ongoing medical treatments will be needed.
- Insurance company disputes:If the insurance company does not want to work with you during the negotiation process, your lawyer may decide to take your case to trial. If this happens, these personal injury cases can take anywhere from months to even years to resolve.
Hoover Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
How Much Money You Can Recover After a Hoover Personal Injury Accident
Even though a skilled lawyer can help you figure out what types of damages you may be able to pursue following a personal injury accident, these lawyers cannot guarantee that you will receive a certain amount of money after your accident. This is because there are just too many factors that can impact the value of your claim, including:
- The type of injuries you sustained in the accident, including the severity of these injuries
- The ability to work in the same position following the accident
- The type of medical treatments needed now and in the future
- The extent of your pain and suffering
- The defendant’s culpability
- The credibility of the evidence and witnesses presented
- The need for replacement services that were not needed before the accident
Fortunately, when you work with a skilled Hoover personal injury lawyer, even though they cannot guarantee you a specific financial recovery amount, they can fight hard for every last dollar your accident has cost you by preparing strong legal arguments and securing relevant evidence proving your claim.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer in Hoover Can Help Your Legal Case
Although no amount of money will ever truly erase the stress and memories of your horrifying accident and the losses you suffered, obtaining just compensation for these injuries can help you start rebuilding your life and give you the peace of mind that justice has been served. For these reasons, if you have been involved in a Hoover personal injury accident, you should reach out to an experienced personal injury attorney in Hoover as soon as you can.
Once retained, these lawyers can:
- Review your accident, determine if you have a viable claim, and go over your legal options
- Investigate the incident thoroughly and secure the evidence needed to prove fault and damages
- Ensure that legal documents are filed before the statute of limitations expires
- Head to trial if the other side is unwilling to negotiate fairly and fight for maximum damages
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Personal injury claims are defined as legal disputes that arise when an individual suffers injuries because of an accident, and another person is legally responsible for this accident and the injuries and losses that result. However, when it comes to these personal injury cases, there are numerous situations that can give rise to a personal injury claim, including:
- An intentional action, which occurs when a person intentionally hurts another person
- An accident, which results when an individual acts in a negligent or careless manner that causes harm to another person
- A defective product, such as a vehicle part, consumer product, or another unreasonably dangerous good that causes harm to an individual when used
Personal injury law is a vast field of law, which means the law firm of Morris Bart often handles various types of personal injury cases typically resulting from medical malpractice incidents, premises liability accidents, on-the-job accidents, and motor vehicle collisions.
Types of Compensation You Can Go After Following a Hoover Personal Injury Accident
If you have been harmed in a Hoover personal injury accident because of another person’s wrongful actions, you may be entitled to certain types of compensation. In Alabama, this compensation tends to include the following types of damages:
These damages refer to the actual costs that result from an accident, meaning they are easily quantifiable and often include the following:
- Past and current medical expenses related to hospital stay, doctor visits, prescription medications, emergency services, assistive medical devices, and surgeries
- Future ongoing medical treatments
- Replacement domestic services such as child-care, grocery shopping, or other household services
- At-home nursing care
- Rehabilitative services, including occupational and physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Personal property losses
- Other out-of-pocket costs
These are damages related to the suffering the injured party experienced after an accident. These losses are usually not easily quantifiable and, as a result, often hard to prove. They typically include the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
- Limb loss
- Reputation loss
In addition, punitive damages may also be available. However, unlike the other damages, which are designed to make the victim whole after an accident and provide them with compensation for the losses they endured because of the accident, punitive damages are only focused on punishing the defendant for their egregious actions and deterring others from committing this act in the future.
As a result, these damages are only awarded in rare situations, such as when the accident results in a wrongful death or when the victim’s lawyers can show that the at-fault party acted with conscious malice or deliberate recklessness.
How Long You Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Hoover Following an Accident
In Alabama, the laws indicate that the statute of limitations for a personal injury case is generally two years. This means that if you have been harmed in an accident, you will only have two years to file a legal claim from the accident date unless there is some exception that applies to this rule that impacts this filing period.
However, if you do not file your case within this time period, the legal team for the other side will likely ask the court to dismiss your case, and the chances of them doing so is high. For these reasons, following a Hoover personal injury accident, it is important that you reach out to an experienced Hoover personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
At Morris Bart, our attorneys can promptly review your case, determine the maximum amount of time you have to file your legal claim, and make sure to adequately prepare your legal filings and submit them to the correct court before time runs out.
Can You Still Recover Damages If You Contributed to the Accident in Hoover?
According to Alabama’s contributory negligence laws, if an individual contributed to their accident or is found even the slightest bit at fault for it, they cannot receive any compensation for the damages they endured.
Unfortunately, these rules also bind the juries and judges when it comes to awarding a victim any compensation for their losses, and the insurance companies will use this law to their advantage when evaluating a case. More specifically, these insurance companies will use this law to play hardball with a settlement offer and provide the victim with the least amount of money possible.
That is why following a personal injury accident in Hoover, it is in your best interest to reach out to an experienced Hoover personal injury accident lawyer as soon as you can. These attorneys can go over your accident, determine what happened and who was at fault, and help you figure out the legal options you have.
Contact Morris Bart to Discover What Your Legal Options Are
If you were involved in a Hoover personal injury accident, contact the law offices of Morris Bart today for a free case review and get your specific questions answered, especially regarding your case, the legal remedies you have, and how our skilled lawyers can fight for the outcome you need.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.