Drivers should maintain a slow speed and pay attention to other road users in parking lots. However, motorists sometimes ignore posted speed limits or drive recklessly. When they do, they may be more likely to cause an accident. If you were involved in a parking lot accident, our Hoover parking lot accident attorney can help you seek compensation.
It’s important to remember that motorists in parking lots are just as responsible for driving safely and reasonably as they are when driving in heavy traffic. If they fail to meet legal obligations to others, you have options to take action against them. When you suffer injuries in a parking lot accident, the legal team at the Morris Bart law firm could help you file an insurance claim or lawsuit seeking damages from the party liable for the crash.
How Our Hoover Parking Lot Accident Attorney Can Help You Seek Compensation
When you work with our Hoover car accident attorney, they can help you collect evidence, determine liability, and fight to secure compensation. More specifically, a lawyer can handle the following duties involved in your case:
- Conducting an independent investigation into your accident
- Gathering supporting evidence, including photos or surveillance video of the accident or crash scene
- Organizing documentation, such as police reports and copies of your medical records and bills
- Talking to any eyewitnesses of the accident
- Consulting with professional witnesses, such as accident reconstruction experts
- Determining the responsible party or parties
- Identifying and calculating your personal and financial losses
- Submitting an insurance claim and negotiating with insurers for a fair settlement
- Filing a lawsuit against the liable party
- Representing you at trial and arguing your case
Many of these tasks could be difficult to handle while you are recovering from your injuries. Our attorneys can take on all aspects of your case so you can focus on healing and restoring your life.
For a free legal consultation with a Parking Lot Accident lawyer serving Hoover, call 800-537-8185
Recoverable Damages in Hoover Parking Lot Accident Cases
Parking lot accidents can lead to severe injuries and financial losses. Injured accident survivors might be entitled to the following damages:
- Medical bills, including emergency transportation, hospitalization, diagnostic tests, surgeries, and medication
- Lost income due to missing time at work during recovery
- Diminished future earning capacity due to long-term disabilities
- Property damage, including vehicle repair or replacement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
When to Seek Compensation in Hoover
To recover your compensation, we can file a claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party. However, we will not have forever to file a lawsuit.
In Alabama, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit is typically just two years, according to Ala.L Code § 6-2-38. Failing to file before this deadline expires could mean you cannot pursue compensation in the future. Also, certain exceptions could make the filing deadline even shorter. Our firm can help you file on time.
Hoover Parking Lot Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
How Much does It Cost to Work With Our Hoover Parking Lot Accident Lawyer?
You will not have to pay us any money upfront to work with our Hoover attorneys. We work on a contingency-fee basis. This means you only pay us attorneys’ fees once your case is won or settled.
When we settle your case, the payment we receive will be a percentage of your compensation. This way, you can avoid paying out-of-pocket for our legal services.
Click to contact our Hoover Car Accident Attorney today
Determining Fault in a Hoover Parking Lot Accident
We can look at the evidence in your case to determine who caused the parking lot accident. Many times, parking lots have surveillance cameras that we can access to analyze video evidence. Other important evidence includes your own photos and videos, eyewitness statements, and your medical records.
Who Had the Right of Way in Your Parking Lot Accident?
In most cases, vehicles pulling out of spaces in parking lots must yield to another motorist moving in a through lane. So, if a distracted or careless driver struck you while they were leaving a parking space, they could be held liable.
Was the Other Parking Lot Driver Negligent?
Any display of negligence could make a driver liable for causing your accident. Some examples of negligence include:
- Failing to check blind spots
- Driving while intoxicated
- Speeding or going too fast for the weather conditions
- Driving while distracted, such as by texting or talking on a cell phone
- Failing to use headlights in poorly lit conditions
- Failing to obey a stop sign or yield the right-of-way to a pedestrian at a crosswalk
The Parking Lot Owner Could Be Held Liable
Parking lot owners are responsible for ensuring their property is safe for road users to drive on. Therefore, they could be partially liable in a parking lot accident if they fail to maintain a safe property.
Examples of hazardous conditions in parking lots include the following:
- Poor lighting conditions
- Improperly maintained or repaired pavement, including potholes or cracks
- Lack of signs or confusing signs
- Dangerous blind spots
- Unmarked concrete wheel stops
- Lack of surveillance cameras
- Inadequate pavement striping
- Construction remnants or other debris in driving areas
At the Morris Bart law firm, we believe anyone injured in a parking lot because of another party’s negligence should be entitled to compensation for their losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Our Legal Team at Morris Bart & Associates, LLC Today
Collisions in parking lots can be severe and, in some cases, have long-term repercussions. If you were injured in a Hoover parking lot accident in which you were not at fault, you could be entitled to compensation. At the Morris Bart law firm, we are ready to answer your questions about your legal rights and options. You can contact us to speak with one of our lawyers. Call today to get started.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.