Pascagoula Personal Injury Lawyer
Seeking compensation for your injuries and losses in a personal injury claim against a liable party can be a frustrating and overwhelming process. A personal injury lawyer in your corner can help navigate you through the process. At Morris Bart, LTD, our attorneys can recover your damages, protect your legal rights, and help you through the legal system. As always, our priority is taking care of your legal needs while you focus on recovering physically and emotionally.
To discuss your case with a member of our team, call Morris Bart, LTD at (228) 207-5266. The initial consultation is always free.
The Services Provided by a Personal Injury Lawyer
A personal injury lawyer is a civil litigator who represents people with physical or psychological injuries following the negligent acts of a person or organization. The duties of a personal injury lawyer go beyond the courtroom and negotiating on behalf of clients during settlement. According to The Balance Careers, the role of a personal injury lawyer includes:
- Screening potential clients to evaluate the merit of their cases
- Gathering evidence, researching case law, and formulating legal theories
- Helping clients seek justice and recover damages for loss and suffering
- Owning the onus of confidentiality and allegiance
- Drafting motions, pleadings, and discovery requests
- Supporting clients with legal counseling and dealing with obstacles presented by the defendants
- Filing claims against insurance companies and negotiating with them on behalf of clients
The Causes of Personal Injury Accidents
There are a variety of situations where a personal injury claim may apply. They include:
- Slip and fall accidents: When property owners fail in their legal duty to maintain a safe environment for authorized visitors, slip and fall accidents may occur. Here, common hazards may include slippery floors, ill-placed items, poorly lit corridors and rooms, uneven stairs, and loose wiring.
- Car accidents: Reckless driving and unqualified or negligent drivers contribute to a significant number of personal injury cases in the United States. Additionally, eating behind the wheel, distracted driving, overloading a moving van, changing lanes carelessly, and driving under the influence are all contributing factors.
- Medical malpractice: In some cases, medical negligence, error, missed diagnosis, or misdiagnosis can result in wrongful death or personal injury. Also, personal injury can apply when a doctor provides a treatment that falls below the standard of care and leads to physical or emotional harm.
- Animal bites: If a dog bites an authorized visitor, the owner is financially responsible. While the law varies from state to state, the owner is going to be liable for injuries the dog inflicts. The compensatory damages may cover lost wages, medical bills, and emotional trauma.
Types of Injuries Sustained in a Personal Injury Accident
The negligent actions of a person or entity can result in serious injuries and sometimes wrongful death. The devastating damages from personal injury accidents may include:
- Amputations: According to MedlinePlus, severe personal injury accidents can lead to complete or partial traumatic amputations with most victims suffering bleeding, shock, infection, or psychological trauma.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Following the accident, the victim can suffer traumatic brain injuries that may lead to learning or cognitive deficits, absence or lack of coordination and balance, hearing loss, vision loss, paralysis, seizures, and changes in personality.
- Burn injuries: Whether from a fire in a car accident or doused in caustic chemicals, the victim may suffer a host of damages, including third- and fourth-degree burns. There may also be a case of extreme discomfort, muscle loss, disfigurement, and joint, tendon, and bone damage.
- Fractured bones: A high-force impact can break the continuity of a bone and lead to unrelenting pain. Typically, the severity of the accident has a direct influence on the type of fracture, whether it is a comminuted fracture, hairline fracture, or pathological fracture.
- Spinal cord injuries: Since doctors cannot repair a severed spinal cord, the victim may spend the rest of their lives confined to a wheelchair or bed. In less severe cases, they may experience numbness, loss of bowel or bladder control, poor coordination, paralysis, weakness, pain, and tingling.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Pascagoula, call (228) 207-5266
The level of compensation you receive depends on the severity of your injuries, circumstances surrounding the accident, and other factors. A personal injury lawyer can deal with the insurance company and fight for you until you receive the compensation you deserve. Typically, your compensation may cover a variety of areas, including:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation programs
- Past and future lost wages
- Adaptive technology and assistive equipment
- Emotional trauma
- Home care
- Retrofit modification
- Pain and suffering
- And possibly more
A Pascagoula personal injury lawyer from Morris Bart, LTD has one goal: to protect your rights and help you recover damages. When you hire us, we will help you to navigate the legalities of your case and offer personal support. To learn more about how we handle personal injury cases, call us now at (228) 207-5266 for a free case review.
Pascagoula Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (228) 207-5266
Talk to a Personal Injury Lawyer from Morris Bart, LTD Today
If you sustained injuries due to the negligence of another person or organization, you may want to contact a personal injury lawyer to explore your legal options. At Morris Bart, LTD, our Pascagoula personal injury attorneys have decades of experience in providing legal counsel and protecting the rights of personal injury victims. Regardless of what caused the accident, we have the resources to support you. You do not have to face this situation alone. Call us at 228-207-5266 to discuss your case. We are ready to carry your legal burdens while you focus on your health.
Questions?Call (228) 207-5266
to find a Morris Bart office near you.
Our Pascagoula office serves George and Jackson counties, including the cities Gautier, Lucedale, Moss Point, and Ocean Springs. We are centrally located near the intersection of Watts Avenue and Pascagoula Street, with the Jackson County Courthouse one block away.