When someone else’s negligent, careless, or reckless behavior causes an injury in Baton Rouge, LA, you can seek compensation for your damages from the negligent party. While money may not return your life completely to normal, it can help make up for expenses like medical bills, lost income, therapy, and pain and suffering.
For more than 30 years, Morris Bart, LLC, has litigated claims for accident victims in Louisiana. Our compassionate Baton Rouge personal injury lawyers understand how life-changing your circumstances are. Our law firm can help you find a fair resolution and fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us today.
Baton Rouge Personal Injury Lawyer Resources and FAQs
- Pursuing Compensation in a Baton Rouge Personal Injury Claim
- How a Baton Rouge Personal Injury Lawyer Proves Liability
- How Getting Our Baton Rouge Personal Injury Lawyer’s Guidance Can Help You
- Why It’s Worth Hiring a Baton Rouge Personal Injury Lawyer
- How Much does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer for a Baton Rouge Case?
- How Long do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Louisiana?
- How Long Might My Personal Injury Case Take?
- Cases Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Baton Rouge Handle
- Get a Free Consultation With a Baton Rouge Personal Injury Lawyer
Pursuing Compensation in a Baton Rouge Personal Injury Claim
The primary goal of a civil settlement or lawsuit award for an injured plaintiff is to recover money. We may be able to recover the following types of compensation on your behalf:
- Past, current, and future medical costs
- Rehabilitation expenses (e.g., physical therapy)
- Lost income and benefits
- Lost earning ability
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
- Wrongful death damages (if your loved one suffered fatal injuries in a Baton Rouge accident)
It is important to keep in mind all damages need to be proven. Unfortunately, evidence can get lost, and witness memories fade over time. That is why it is best to contact a personal injury attorney in Baton Rouge as soon as possible.
How a Baton Rouge Personal Injury Lawyer Proves Liability
Preserving evidence that supports your claim is crucial. Our Baton Rouge personal injury lawyers know where to look to recover the maximum compensation for your losses. This includes police reports, eyewitness testimony, depositions, and medical bills.
With evidence, we can prove negligence in your case. Then, if we can link that negligence to your injuries, that proves liability. This is standard in all personal injury cases, and this is what we’ll aim to prove so you can get compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Baton Rouge, call (225) 341-5694
Establishing Negligence in a Personal Injury Case
Before you can pursue legal action against the at-fault party, you must prove they acted negligently and harmed you. A personal injury law firm must show how the four elements of negligence apply. When we review your case, we will look for the following:
- Duty of care: We must show how the defendant violated their duty of care to the injured party.
- Breached duty of care: This element requires that we show how the defendant breached their responsibility to provide reasonable care.
- Cause: After showing that the defendant breached their duty, we must show how their actions or inactions directly caused an accident or incident that harmed you.
- Damages: The final element requires us to show how an accident or incident caused you to suffer compensatory damages for any injuries or financial losses. This includes intangible losses without a dollar value. Our attorney will evaluate those damages and assign a dollar amount to them before adding them to your monetary compensation case.
We will review your situation for these elements when we talk with you during your free consultation. Working with our Louisiana attorneys means you will have the reassurance of knowing you have a legal partner on your side who is fighting for what you deserve. We will also act as a communications buffer between you and opposing parties.
How Getting Our Baton Rouge Personal Injury Lawyer’s Guidance Can Help You
It is challenging to fight a personal injury case on your own while trying to physically and emotionally recover from the damage or losses someone else caused you. When you hire legal representation, you are allowing yourself to focus on what matters most: your health and well-being.
There are several advantages to hiring a personal injury lawyer. We can help with:
- Guidance and counsel throughout the claims process
- Negotiating a reasonable settlement before taking your case to civil court
- A free, no-obligation case evaluation to determine if our firm is the right fit for you
- Fielding communications from insurers, opposing parties, and lawyers
Why It’s Worth Hiring a Baton Rouge Personal Injury Lawyer
Going after an insurance company is not easy. The executives at these organizations consider lawsuits a hazard of doing business. As you can imagine, this approach does not always work in favor of the people they promised to protect in the event of an accident.
These companies may even try to pin at least some of the blame on you, even if there is a clearly demonstrated path that you couldn’t prevent the accident from happening. These situations can get complicated fast, which is why having a Baton Rouge personal injury attorney on your side can be worth it.
How Much does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer for a Baton Rouge Case?
Our Baton Rouge personal injury lawyers take cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that we do not earn attorney’s fees unless you receive a settlement or civil court award. After your case has successfully concluded, we will take a portion of your settlement, plus any legal fees.
This portion is a percentage of your total settlement, and it’s based on the complexity of your case. Since we cannot earn payment unless you win, that motivates us to do our best for all of our clients.
How Long do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Louisiana?
Louisiana has one of the shortest time limits to file a lawsuit before you go beyond the statute of limitations. According to La. Civ. Code Art. 3492, you generally have one year to file your lawsuit from the time of your injury. You also have one year if you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit, per La. Civ. Code. Art. 2315.2. The deadline starts on the decedent’s death date.
Thus, it’s imperative that you get to work with a Baton Rouge injury lawyer as soon as possible after an accident.
How Long Might My Personal Injury Case Take?
Your Baton Rouge personal injury lawyer might be able to give you an estimate, but plenty of things can delay a case. Some of them are outside our control, like a hectic court schedule. Others are in our control, such as filling out all case paperwork properly and meeting important deadlines.
We promise to get back to you promptly for all information requests about your case and keep you updated about what is happening. If there is a strong case and good insurance with reasonable adjusters, you could have a fair settlement in just a few weeks.
Cases Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Baton Rouge Handle
It’s important to work with personal injury attorneys who have experience with your type of accident and injury. The legal team at Morris Bart, LLC, represents various personal injury matters in Baton Rouge.
We can investigate your personal injury case while gathering the evidence that proves your rights to compensation. This evidence will include everything our personal injury team can use to prove your claim for compensation. Our Louisiana legal team is looking forward to learning more about you and providing legal support for your situation.
Get a Free Consultation With a Baton Rouge Personal Injury Lawyer
You should not have to pay for damages that someone else caused you. Fight back with a personal injury lawyer in Baton Rouge. Morris Bart, LLC offers a free case evaluation to determine how you can pursue financial compensation after an accident caused by negligence.
Call us today for a free consultation. We can estimate your settlement’s value and tell you your next steps.
What Our Clients Are Saying
“Excellent lawyer I recommend everyone to use Morris Bart Mr Spencer handled my case and he did a fantastic job at getting me my money I deserved thank you for being my lawyer.” – Constance W.
Serving All of East Baton Rouge Parish
Including but not limited to:
Broadmoor | Capital Heights | Garden District | Goodwood | Highland Road | LSU (Louisiana State University) Area | Mid City South| Parkview Oaks | Sherwood Forest | Southdowns | The Highlands-Perkins | University Gardens | Villa del Rey | Westminster
Questions?Call us, Louisiana.