A Baton Rouge driver fatigue lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm may be able to help you file an insurance claim or take your case to civil court if a fatigued motorist made a mistake behind the wheel and caused your car accident in the Greater Baton Rouge area. Fatigue, dozing off, and other drowsy driving behaviors can lead to devastating collisions that can cost your family physically, emotionally, and financially.
To learn more about how the Morris Bart law office in Baton Rouge may be able to help with your accident case, call (225) 341-5694 today for a free review of your accident and injuries with a member of your team. We may be able to represent you with no upfront expenses to your family.
Driver Fatigue Can Cause Accidents in Several Ways
While falling asleep behind the wheel poses obvious dangers, fatigued driving is dangerous even if the driver does not fall asleep. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), being tired makes it difficult to focus on driving tasks and the road ahead, slows your reaction time, and even affects your decision-making ability.
Drivers who drive fatigued or become fatigued while driving may include:
- Motorists who do not get enough sleep for a variety of reasons.
- Commercial drivers who must adhere to tight schedules.
- Shift workers who work long shifts or overnight.
- Drivers with sleep disorders that are either undiagnosed or untreated.
- Those who take medications that make them sleepy, either prescription or over-the-counter.
- Drunk or otherwise intoxicated drivers.
In some cases, it may be easy to show the driver who caused your accident was fatigued. In other cases, it may be more difficult or even impossible. However, this is unlikely to stand in our way of building a strong case if we can show that the driver made an error or broke a traffic law, and this led directly to the accident and your injuries.
To learn more about how a Baton Rouge driver fatigue lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm may be able to help you hold the at-fault driver responsible and possibly secure a payout for your family, reach out to our team today by calling (225) 341-5694.
For a free legal consultation with a Driver Fatigue Accident lawyer serving Baton Rouge, call 800-537-8185
Options for Seeking Damages in a Baton Rouge Car Accident Case
In general, there are several ways the team from the Morris Bart law firm may be able to seek compensation for victims of Baton Rouge car accidents. This includes:
- Filing an insurance claim and trying to negotiate a fair settlement agreement.
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit and then negotiating an out-of-court settlement.
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit and representing you in court, where we present a strong case to show the motorist caused your accident and injuries.
Before we can pursue any of these options, we will need to investigate your car accident, collecting evidence to support your allegations of fault. We may also call in experts who can help us:
- Survey and assess the accident scene.
- Reconstruct the accident.
- Understand what happened and the role each driver played.
- Better understand your prognosis, medical needs, and care costs.
- Put a price on your future expenses and losses related to the accident.
In addition, we will identify, collect, and analyze physical evidence related to your accident. Lastly, we will gather information related to your losses, such as receipts, medical bills, and other paperwork.
The Morris Bart law firm may be able to build a case and use it to negotiate a settlement or win a verdict on your behalf in a Baton Rouge court. Call (225) 341-5694 today to learn more. We recommend acting quickly to enlist our team on your case. Under Civil Code (CC) § 3492, we have only one year following your accident to:
- Investigate your accident.
- Attempt to reach a settlement with the driver’s insurer.
- Determine if we need to take the case to court.
- File the appropriate paperwork in the right court.
This time will pass before you realize it, so reach out to our team as soon as you can after your Baton Rouge accident.
Baton Rouge Driver Fatigue Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
Damages and Compensation Available in a Baton Rouge Driver Fatigue Insurance Settlement or Award
Before your Baton Rouge driver fatigue lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm files an insurance claim based on the drowsy driver’s policy or files a lawsuit against them, our team will take efforts to uncover and document as many of the expenses, losses, and other damages you incurred as possible. This could include almost any accident-related loss, from a bill for hospitalization to renting a car to parking at the physical therapist’s office.
We will use the documentation we put together to prove your damages and demand just compensation based on them. Some of the recoverable damages in a Baton Rouge car accident may include:
- Current and future medical treatment related to your car accident injuries.
- Current and ongoing care and support costs.
- Current and future lost wages and any related benefits.
- Reduced earning capacity if you cannot do your previous job.
- Property damages, including to your car.
- Pain and suffering and other noneconomic damages.
We also pursue wrongful death damages for surviving family members of those who lost their lives in this type of Louisiana car accident.
Talk to a Member of the Morris Bart, LLC Car Accident Team
At Morris Bart law firm, we have team members who can review your Baton Rouge car accident case for free today. If we believe you have the evidence necessary to build a case against the fatigued driver who caused your car accident and injuries, we may offer to represent you based on contingency. This means we get paid only after we successfully secure damages in your case.
To learn more about how a Baton Rouge driver fatigue lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm may be able to help you seek a payout in your car accident case, call (225) 341-5694 now.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.