Incomplete or defective vehicle maintenance can cause a vehicle to malfunction. Vehicle issues are sometimes overlooked or poorly addressed during maintenance. These malfunctions may lead to accidents in which motorists, cyclists, or pedestrians are injured or even killed.
If you or a loved one were in a car accident caused by faulty or neglected vehicle maintenance, the Morris Bart law firm can fight for the financial compensation to which you may be entitled. This includes compensation for the vehicle repair costs, medical bills, and other losses caused by the accident.
Contact a Baton Rouge accident caused by faulty or neglected vehicle maintenance lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm to learn about your options and your legal rights. Call our office today at (225) 341-5694 to set up a free consultation to discuss your case.
An Auto Repair Shop May Be at Fault for Your Car Accident
Most vehicle owners take their vehicle in to be serviced whenever it is due for routine maintenance or there are signs of a problem. They assume that the mechanic will take the steps necessary to ensure that it is in good working order. If, however, a mechanic fails to address issues with a vehicle and the vehicle malfunctions while driving, the mechanic or repair shop may be liable for any property damage and injuries that occur.
Your insurance company or the insurance companies of others involved in the accident may try to place the blame for the accident on you. Proving that deficient vehicle maintenance was the cause of an accident can be very challenging—even for someone who is familiar with vehicle maintenance. This is why it is important to work with a law firm that understands claims involving accidents caused by vehicle maintenance issues.
A Baton Rouge accident caused by faulty or neglected vehicle maintenance lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm can help with car accident cases related to:
- Installation of wrong or nonworking vehicle parts
- Failure to recognize and address necessary repairs
- Inaccurate wiring jobs
- Leaving tools or other objects inside the vehicle
- Installation of defective or recalled vehicle parts
- Performing the wrong type of repair
- Vehicle damage during maintenance
- Faulty repair jobs
For a free legal consultation with a Faulty or Neglected Vehicle Maintenance Accident lawyer serving Baton Rouge, call 800-537-8185
Laws Regarding Vehicle Maintenance
Auto repair shops, car dealerships, and mechanics are held to certain standards by law. For example, Louisiana Revised Statutes (RS) §32:1263 requires mechanics to provide customers with itemized bills describing the services and repairs performed on the vehicle. If a mechanic failed to disclose the services completed on your vehicle, claimed to perform a service or repair that was not actually completed, or made a serious mistake during the vehicle maintenance, the mechanic or auto shop may be liable for accidents resulting from the negligent maintenance.
Inadequate Maintenance of Trucks and Other Commercial Vehicles
Trucking companies and other commercial vehicle companies are held to strict standards when it comes to properly maintaining and inspecting vehicles. Motor carriers must thoroughly inspect, maintain, and repair motor vehicles in their control. If a commercial vehicle, such as a semi-truck, malfunctions because of poor maintenance and causes an accident, the company responsible for maintaining the vehicle may be legally responsible for the losses caused by the malfunction.
Baton Rouge Faulty or Neglected Vehicle Maintenance Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
Types of Compensation You May Be Entitled to Seek
You may be entitled to compensation for the losses resulting from a car accident caused by defective vehicle maintenance. You could be compensated for:
- Medical expenses related to ambulance transportation, emergency room treatment, hospitalization, medication, medical testing, surgery, and other medical needs caused by the accident
- Future medical needs related to the accident including follow-up appointments or rehabilitative care
- Past and future lost wages from missed work
- Impairment to your income-earning capacity
- Pain and suffering and mental distress caused by your injures
- Vehicle damage and other personal property damage
Call the Morris Bart law firm today at (225) 341-5694 and schedule a free case consultation to learn more.
Losses in a Wrongful Death Claim
If your loved one was killed in a car accident caused by neglected or faulty vehicle maintenance, you may have a valid wrongful death claim. A wrongful death claim may help you hold the negligent auto shop or mechanic accountable for your loved one’s death. It may also enable you to receive compensation for the losses caused by your loved one’s death. You could be compensated for:
- Your loved one’s lost income
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical bills resulting from your loved one’s accident
- Property damage
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
- The loss of the emotional benefits provided by your loved one
How a Lawyer Can Help with Your Case
If you suspect that defective maintenance of your vehicle or another vehicle was the cause of your accident, you may be unsure of what to do next. At the Morris Bart law firm, we can help you throughout your case. Our team can:
- Investigate your accident and determine the likely cause
- Identify who is liable for your accident
- Gather evidence such as maintenance records and police reports
- Obtain expert testimony from respected mechanics, engineers, accident reconstructionists, and other professionals
- Negotiate with insurance companies and other liable parties
- Fight for a settlement that compensates you for past, present, and future losses
- Take your case to court, if necessary
In Louisiana, there is a limited amount of time to file a personal injury claim. According to the Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492, you have up to one year to begin the process. Speak with a lawyer as soon as possible after your accident to ensure that your case meets any necessary deadlines.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Morris Bart, LLC for a Free Consultation Today
If you or a loved one were involved in an auto accident and you believe that poor vehicle maintenance may have caused the accident, a Baton Rouge accident caused by faulty or neglected vehicle maintenance lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm may be able to help you.
Call us today at (225) 341-5694 to schedule a free case evaluation.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.