Even if you do your part to drive safely, you can still become the victim of a collision. One common type of accident that may have affected your life involves another driver backing up improperly.
If another party was at fault for your injuries, you could be eligible for financial compensation. To learn how a Baton Rouge improper backing up accident lawyer may be able to assist you, call the Morris Bart law firm at (225) 341-5694. Your free consultation awaits.
Factors that Could Have Contributed to Your Collision
Some possible factors that could have contributed to your accident include, but are not limited to:
- Distractions: Sometimes, distractions lead to accidents while backing up. Examples could include using a cell phone, talking to passengers, eating, playing with the radio, and more. If another driver was distracted in a way that caused them to back up improperly and hit you, you might be able to recover losses.
- Failure to observe surroundings: In some cases, improper backing up happens because a driver fails to take their surroundings into account. This failure could be because of an improperly positioned mirror, a failure to look before backing up, or an obstruction in the vehicle that affects their line of sight.
- Backing out too fast: Backing up requires precision, and backing up too fast can make it difficult to navigate complex turns in small spaces. Moreover, drivers in parking spaces should yield to moving vehicles and pedestrians. If a driver was backing out too fast at the time of your accident, they could be at fault.
- Driving under the influence: Driving under the influence is illegal and dangerous. If a driver is intoxicated or under the influence of mind-altering substances, it can affect coordination and decision-making. You could be eligible for compensation if your collision involved a driver under the influence.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that accidents involving improper backing up result in approximately 183 fatalities every year, not to mention property damage and non-fatal injuries.
If you were involved in an accident, it could impact your life in several ways. Thankfully, you may also have legal options available. To request help from a Baton Rouge improper backing up accident lawyer, reach out to the Morris Bart law office. A team member is available to answer your questions today at (225) 341-5694.
For a free legal consultation with a Improper Backing Up Truck Accident lawyer serving Baton Rouge, call 800-537-8185
Injuries and Losses You Can Sue For
Being the victim of an improper backing-up accident can impact you physically, emotionally, and financially. You can include the following injuries and losses in your lawsuit:
- Emotional Suffering: It is not uncommon for accident victims to suffer from stress, anxiety, fear of driving, depression, and sleeplessness.
- Physical Injuries: Minor injuries such as scrapes, cuts, and bruises are possible in improper backing-up accidents. More severe injuries can also occur, including broken bones, concussions, and more. Some improper backing-up accidents can even be fatal.
- Property Loss: Many victims lose valuable property or are left with vehicle damage after an improper backing-up accident.
- Financial Stress: Between medical bills, property losses, and a reduced work schedule, you could be under financial stress from your improper backing-up accident.
Recoverable Compensation in an Improper Backing Up Collision Case
There are several different types of compensation available for victims of improper backing up accidents. Following a successful legal claim, you could receive reimbursement for medical expenses and property damage.
If your accident led to emotional suffering, it might be possible to recover damages for this type of trauma as well. You could even recover lost wages if the accident impacted your ability to work and earn money. It could be beneficial for you to speak with a lawyer if you have questions regarding the types of compensation available in your case.
An Attorney with the Morris Bart Law Firm Can Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
If another party caused your suffering, you could recover compensation by filing an accident claim. Whether you are exploring your options, ready to file a claim, or just interested in learning more about the services we offer, give us a call today at (225) 341-5694 for a free case review. Your time to act could be limited, so reach out today.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.