If you were the victim of an improper passing accident, you could be left with property loss, serious injury, and other forms of suffering. It is important to remember that you have legal options.
Depending on your situation, you could be eligible for compensation by filing a legal claim. To discuss your case with a team member at the Morris Bart law firm, call (225) 341-5694 today. A Baton Rouge improper passing lawyer may be able to assist you in filing a claim.
Negligence You Can Sue For
There are many reasons why improper passing accidents happen, and while every accident is different, it is possible that one of the following factors caused your accident:
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving encapsulates any type of behavior that takes attention away from the road. This could include using technology, such as talking on a cell phone or using a GPS system, changing the radio station, and engaging in conversations with passengers.
- Intoxication: There is a reason why driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol is illegal, as it can impair cognitive ability and be very dangerous for everyone involved. If a driver is under the influence, motor skills can be impacted, making safe passing very challenging.
- Speeding: When a driver is speeding, it is difficult to manage position on the road in relation to other vehicles, leading to dangerous passing maneuvers that can put you at risk. Speeding also reduces reaction time, increasing the likelihood of mistakes and accidents.
- Failure To Use Signals: Turn signals can help keep other drivers on the road aware of intentions to pass. When a driver fails to use their signals appropriately, improper passing accidents can occur with devastating results.
- Signage Errors: Even if everyone on the road is driving safely, accidents can occur for external reasons. A missing sign for mergers, a malfunctioning light, an unmarked road, or other examples of negligence to maintain a roadway could have contributed to your accident.
Regardless of what caused your accident, you deserve justice if another party was at fault.
For a free legal consultation with a Improper Passing lawyer serving Baton Rouge, call 800-537-8185
Long-Term Effects of Improper Passing Accidents
Being the victim of an accident can forever change your life. You could be suffering from serious injuries that require medical treatment. In severe cases, your treatments could last weeks or even months, potentially affecting your ability to work and earn wages.
To make matters worse, you could be receiving an endless stream of medical bills that put financial stress on you or your loved ones. Some accident victims also experience emotional trauma, and you may be suffering from fear, anxiety, sleeplessness, or PTSD in the aftermath of an accident. While your life could feel like an uphill battle, do not forget that you could be eligible for compensation that could ease your struggles in the time ahead.
Baton Rouge Improper Passing Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
Compensation For Victims
Depending on your case, you could be eligible for different forms of compensation. If you lost property or experienced vehicle damage, you could recover financial compensation for your losses. Some victims receive reimbursement for medical expenses, medications, and more.
It is even possible to recover damages for emotional suffering or lost wages if your injuries left you unable to work and earn wages. Because each situation varies, it may be in your best interest to speak with a lawyer if you are serious about pursuing legal action. There is a statute of limitations for filing many legal claims, so acting in a timely manner can help ensure you collect any compensation potentially awarded through the legal process.
Your lawyer can explain this to you in detail, and make sure you meet the deadline for filing a legal claim.
Getting Legal Help from a Baton Rouge Improper Passing Lawyer
The aftermath of an accident caused by improper passing can change your life drastically. Even simple tasks can become difficult while you could be dealing with physical injury and financial stress. You could recover compensation that will help as you focus on your recovery.
To learn more about your legal options, contact the Morris Bart law firm today at (225) 341-5694. A team member is available to discuss your case free of charge.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.