Mobile Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one were injured in Mobile due to the negligence of another party, you may be able to recover compensation in a personal injury action. This can either be through direct negotiations with the responsible party’s insurer or by taking the case to court. A Mobile personal injury lawyer from Morris Bart & Associates, LLC may be able to represent you in this process and take on the party responsible for your injuries. To discuss your case with a member of our Mobile team, call us at (251) 298-8380. We will listen to you and help to work through the details of your case.
What Constitutes a Personal Injury Case
Most personal injury cases center on the fact that someone was injured due to the negligent action of another party. This can occur in a number of situations, such as a car accident, a slip and fall accident, medical malpractice, a dog bite, and more. Even though different situations can give rise to a personal injury claim, they all have one goal in mind: to seek justice and compensation for the physical and emotional suffering inflicted upon the innocent person. If your family member died in a personal injury incident, you may be able to pursue compensation on their behalf in a wrongful death case. If you believe you were the victim in a personal injury incident, contact a Mobile personal injury lawyer at the Morris Bart law firm. A representative can listen to your case and advise you on the next steps for free. Reach us at (251) 298-8380 today. Some of the most common causes of personal injury accidents include:
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Mobile, call (251) 298-8380
Premises Liability Cases
Mobile Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (251) 298-8380
Property liability refers to any accident that occurs on public or private property owned or managed by an individual or organization. A few primary causes of premises liability accidents are as follows:
- Poorly lit areas within and around the premises
- Unsafe structures due to failure to follow the building code regulations
- Slippery floors with no signage in place to warn visitors
- Unshoveled walkways that can cause slips, trips, and falls
- Unsafe walkways and uneven stairs
- Lack of security or absence of security to protect visitors and occupants
- Ill-placed items and unsecured objects
- Exposed electrical wiring, which may result in electrocution
In short, if the manager of a space knowingly allows an unsafe condition to persist, and it causes an injury, the victim may have an actionable personal injury case.
Motor Vehicle Cases
Car accidents constitute many personal injury accidents in the United States. Any time a negligent action on the roads causes an accident or injury, there could be a case. Common forms of driver negligence include:
- Distracted driving: This occurs when a driver has their eyes and attention off the road or their hands off the wheel. Distracted driving can include speaking on the phone, texting, fumbling with radio knobs, and eating behind the wheel.
- Driving under the influence: Sadly, many drivers get behind the wheel while under the effects of alcohol or drugs. This negligent action can lead to severe injuries or death.
- Speeding: Driving above the speed limit can reduce reaction time and increase the distance required for the brakes to stop the vehicle.
- Reckless driving: Being an erratic driver on the road generally does not yield positive results. Tailgating, changing lanes haphazardly, and aggressive driving can result in loss of life and permanent injuries.
Other liable parties in a car accident can include a negligent vehicle mechanic, component manufacturer, or a municipality that fails to maintain a safe road.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Medical Malpractice Cases
When a patient is injured due to negligent action by a healthcare provider, it is known as a medical malpractice case. Some common causes of medical malpractice include:
- Delayed diagnosis/misdiagnosis: Failure to diagnose a condition properly or a delay in diagnosis can contribute to a significant number of injuries.
- Anesthesia errors: This may include a doctor administering too much or too little anesthesia or giving a patient the wrong type of anesthesia.
- Improper consent before a procedure: Failure to give patients a full run-down of a procedure can result in undesired consequences.
- Childbirth: Negligent prenatal care or injuries to the fetus during childbirth can be grounds for a medical malpractice case.
In a medical malpractice case, it may be necessary to produce testimony from a medical expert that the standard of care was not met in your incident, and another doctor would have taken different actions in the same situation.
Taking Legal Action
If you or a loved one were injured in Mobile, the Morris Bart law firm wants to hear from you. Our Mobile personal injury lawyers may be able to represent your case. This service can include:
- A contingency-fee payment structure with no up-front cost to you
- Gathering evidence in your defense
- Handling legal deadlines and paperwork
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf
- Taking them to court if they do not make you a fair settlement offer
Keep in mind that there is typically a two-year time limit, or statute of limitations, on filing a personal injury case in Alabama. However, the sooner you call us, the sooner we can get started on your case. For a free consultation with a member of our Mobile team, call the Morris Bart law firm today at (251) 298-8380. We look forward to discussing your case and taking care of your legal needs while you concentrate on seeking medical care and healing.
Questions?Call (251) 298-8380
to find a Morris Bart office near you.
Our office serves Mobile and Baldwin counties, including the cities of Bon Secour, Daphne, Fairhope, Foley, Gasque, Gasque, Magnolia Springs, Mobile, Orange Beach, Pine Beach, Prichard, Saraland, and Tillmans Corner. We are located downtown in the PNC Bank/Riverview Plaza Office Building at the intersection of Royal Street and Government Boulevard. The city’s municipal court is one block away at Government Plaza.