If you have experienced a motorcycle accident in Mobile, you may be seriously injured, missing days at work, and have medical bills piling up. Fortunately, you may be able to recover compensation for these damages in a personal injury lawsuit if another party’s negligence caused the accident.
A Mobile motorcycle accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm may be able to represent you in settlement negotiations or on trial. This could allow us to handle all aspects of your case while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
What Can a Mobile Motorcycle Accident Attorney Do for Me?
With a focus on fighting for your rights and securing you fair compensation, our Mobile motorcycle accident lawyers can help you:
- Determine how the accident was caused and who is liable
- Begin the insurance claim process with the at-fault party’s insurer
- Prepare your statement to the insurer
- Protect your privacy and limit the medical records the insurer receives
- Calculate the value of your case
- Negotiate a higher settlement amount
- Appeal if the insurer denies your claim
- Handle all communications on your behalf
For a free legal consultation with a Motorcycle Accident lawyer serving Mobile, call 800-537-8185
How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Investigate Your Accident
A Mobile motorcycle accident lawyer can launch an investigation into your accident when we represent you. We can gather evidence to identify the at-fault party and establish their negligence, as well as evidence to support your claim for damages. This may include:
- Visiting the accident scene to collect evidence
- Seeking out photos and videos and documenting them for your case
- Collecting testimonies from witnesses
- Obtaining a copy of the accident report filed by law enforcement who appeared at the scene
- Gathering all medical records related to your accident injury
- Getting copies of your wage statements from your employer
- Working with accident reconstruction specialists
- Seeking professional opinions from experts in the fields of medicine, economics, occupational therapy, and psychology
Mobile Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
Types of Damages You May Be Able to Recover
The compensation you may be able to receive for your motorcycle accident is unique to your case. Your lawyer can use the evidence obtained from an investigation to pursue recovery for the damages that we believe the accident caused you. Some of the types of damages we might recover include:
- Medical bills, including hospital stays, physical rehabilitation, and medicine costs
- Estimated future costs of medical care
- Lost income and benefits
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
A Mobile motorcycle accident lawyer can present evidence of your damages to the insurer of the at-fault party. If they respond with a counteroffer, we can engage in negotiations for a fair settlement for your losses.
If the insurer is not willing to make you a fair offer, we can take your case to trial and let a civil court decide about a judgment to cover your damages.
How Much Can I Get in a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
In order to get an estimate of the value of your claim, you’ll need to have a Mobile motorcycle accident attorney examine your evidence to calculate the damages. In general, the more serious your injuries, the higher the value of your case will be. For example, a traumatic brain injury claim would settle for more than a concussion.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Compensation for a Fatal Motorcycle Accident
In the worst-case scenario, some riders do not survive their motorcycle accident injuries. If your loved one died in a crash, you may be facing significant expenses related to their death. A wrongful death lawsuit may spare you from bearing these costs.
A Mobile motorcycle accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm may be able to help you with your pursuit of compensation in either a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Your Time to Take Legal Action is Limited
The state of Alabama generally gives you two years to file a personal injury lawsuit from the date of your motorcycle accident, per Alabama Code § 6-2-38. According to Alabama Code § 6-5-410, there is also a two-year statute of limitations that applies to wrongful death lawsuits.
If you wait too long and allow this legal time limit to expire for your case, you may have your lawsuit dismissed by the civil court.
Contact Mobile Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at Morris Bart, LLC
A Mobile motorcycle accident lawyer from Morris Bart, LLC may be able to pursue compensation on your behalf when we represent you.
We work on a contingency-fee basis. This means that you only pay us attorney’s fees if and when we secure a settlement or court awards for you. Contact our law firm to learn more about your legal options in a free consultation with a member of our team.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.