Motorcycle crashes can be devastating as these two-wheeled vehicles do not have the safety and protection that passenger vehicles have. This can lead to multiple injuries for the motorcyclist, some of which could be fatal. If you suffered a crash on your motorcycle and you sustained injuries, you have the right to seek damages from the responsible party.
Even if the insurance company promises to work on your behalf, the insurer does not always have your best interests in mind. With a Huntsville motorcycle accident lawyer on your side, you can work toward obtaining fair compensation so you can rebuild your future. You can explore your next steps with our personal injury lawyer today.
How Our Huntsville Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Can Help You
We understand that it is difficult to take on the tasks of an injury insurance claim or compensation lawsuit after a motor vehicle accident. Injured motorcyclists need recovery time to heal from their wounds. This is where our law firm comes in and helps them. Our Huntsville, AL, motorcycle accident lawyer will lead their entire compensation case against the at-fault parties and seek the compensation they need to manage their lives after a devastating accident. You don’t have to give up your right to hold the liable party accountable for your losses.
You can start with a free consultation. We will discuss the accident and recovery process best for your case. When we bring you on as our client, we will do all the following for you:
- Investigate the Huntsville motorcycle accident to determine what happened and how
- Gather case-supporting evidence (medical records, medical expenses, income statements, photos, videos, witness testimony, expert witness testimony, etc.)
- Identify all parties that potentially owe you compensation for accident-related damages and prove how their negligence caused the crash
- Review your financial and non-financial damages and determine how much compensation you could demand
- Manage talks with insurance adjusters and negotiate for fair compensation
- Communicate with all parties in your case, looking out for your interests
- File a lawsuit if we cannot settle your case outside of court
- Provide legal advice and update you regularly on the case and its developments, no matter how big or small
- Explain all laws and answer your questions promptly
Your Huntsville injury case will get the personal attention it deserves. We believe in holding parties accountable for their negligent actions. It is just one step on the road to recovery, and we want to help you get there. You can reach out to us anytime for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a Motorcycle Accident lawyer serving Huntsville, call 800-537-8185
Recoverable Damages in a Huntsville Motorcycle Accident
We understand that your motorcycle accident may have left you with financial losses. Our personal injury attorney can seek compensation for you that covers your injuries and losses, including:
- Medical bills: Current and projected medical costs associated with your motorcycle accident injury.
- Therapy and counseling fees: Medical treatment for your injuries may require you to go to a rehabilitation facility or undergo physical therapy.
- Lost income: You can receive reimbursement for work you missed while recovering from the crash.
- Lost future income: If you have permanent injuries in the accident that affect your ability to earn income, you can claim this as a loss.
- Property damage: You could claim losses for any costs you incurred for a motorcycle repair or placement. You could also recoup payment for damaged equipment, such as motorcycle safety gear, a cell phone, and other items.
- Pain and suffering: You can receive a settlement amount for the mental anguish, emotional distress, and other challenges you endured after the accident.
We strive to get the best results for our clients and will uncover every loss you can claim. Your attorney may be able to negotiate a settlement with the insurance company for the driver who hit your motorcycle before the case goes to trial. However, if the insurer refuses to agree to a satisfactory settlement, your attorney can try the lawsuit in court. You can learn more about starting your case during a legal consultation with our injury attorney.
Can I Afford to Hire a Lawyer for My Huntsville Motorcycle Accident Case?
Our Huntsville motorcycle accident lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means we do not accept payment upfront for our services. Instead, our fees come from the final settlement of the case.
We will stand by your side throughout negotiations with the insurer. Should the company refuse to come to a fair settlement, we will represent you in a court trial.
When Should I Call a Huntsville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Your legal team will need time to investigate your accident and build a strong case. To give you every benefit of our services, we recommend you call your Huntsville motorcycle accident lawyer sooner rather than later.
Under Alabama Code § 6-2-38, motorcycle accident victims only have two years to file a claim. Submit your claim too late, and you will lose your opportunity to be compensated. Your team of dedicated motorcycle accident attorneys in Huntsville will ensure you do not miss this deadline.
How Is a Driver Found Negligent in an Alabama Motorcycle Accident?
When you suffer an injury in a motorcycle accident, you may file a lawsuit against the liable party. You and your legal advocate will need to show that the other driver’s actions were negligent or reckless.
Your motorcycle accident attorney in Huntsville will have to show that the accident and your injuries would not have happened if the driver had chosen different actions. Some of the ways another motorist could be found negligent because of driver error include:
- Disregarding traffic signals
- Disregarding traffic signs
- Changing lanes without checking for approaching motorcycles (e.g., not checking blind spots)
- Drifting out of a lane, causing a motorcycle to swerve and lose control
- Turning in front of a motorcycle
- Pulling out in front of a motorcycle
- Backing out of a parking spot without checking for motorcycles
- Following too closely
- Having malfunctioning brake lights, causing a crash
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
There are additional ways a vehicle driver could be found negligent after a crash with a motorcycle beyond what we listed.
Proving Negligence in an Injury Lawsuit
You and your attorney will use a variety of means to attempt to prove negligence on the part of the other driver in the crash.
By studying police reports, interviewing witnesses, reviewing video and photographs from the scene, and possibly hiring an accident recreation expert, we will have the facts in hand to show what happened in the crash.
Frequency of Motorcycle Crashes
In Alabama in 2018, 1,859 motorcyclists were involved in accidents, according to the Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT). Motorcycle riders suffered 1,262 injuries and 83 fatalities in these accidents. Although motorcycle crashes only accounted for about 1.2% of all accidents on Alabama roads in 2018, cyclists suffered about 2.7% of all injuries and 8.7% of all fatalities.
These numbers show the dangers motorcycle riders face on the roads. Any time there is an accident involving a motorcycle, the chances of suffering an injury or fatality are significantly higher than when a passenger car or a truck is involved in an accident.
Let Us Defend Your Right to Receive Damages After a Huntsville Motorcycle Accident
After an accident that was not your fault, you should not have to bear the financial burden of recovery on your own. As your trusted Huntsville motorcycle accident lawyers, we know how to defend our clients’ rights to receive the settlements they deserve. Contact Morris Bart for a free consultation today.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.