If you suffered injuries in a North Alabama boating accident, it may be possible to pursue and recover compensation based on your physical harm, medical bills, and other costs. A lawyer with the Morris Bart law office in Huntsville may be able to help.
We offer complimentary consultations and assessments for victims of boat collisions and other marine accidents. Our Huntsville boating accident attorneys can help you understand your rights and options for building a case against the negligent boat owner or operator.
Compensation Is Available if You Can Prove Fault and Liability in Your Case
Boating accident claims, like all personal injury cases, require the victim to prove fault and liability. Evidence is necessary to show the boat owner or operator acted negligently, causing the incident and hurting the victim.
If this evidence is available, it may be possible to recover compensation either through an insurance claim or a civil court case. Examples of recoverable damages include:
- Your treatment costs to date
- Future medical needs related to your injuries
- Lost wages, benefits, and other income
- Reduced earning caused by lasting injuries
- Property damages
- Additional costs
- Pain and suffering and other intangible losses
It may be possible for some surviving family members to pursue a wrongful death case if they lost a loved one on a North Alabama waterway, as well. However, the civil codes that outline these cases are unusual.
They provide a path to recover punitive damages and penalize the at-fault party, but no compensatory damages are available to cover their costs or losses.
A boating accident attorney in Huntsville from our firm will review your boating accident and determine how you can take action to hold the at-fault party or parties accountable. Our team may be able to help by representing you throughout this process, including filing your claim or lawsuit or presenting your case in court.
For a free legal consultation with a Boating Accident lawyer serving Huntsville, call (256) 666-3010
Do I Have a Boating Accident Claim Against the Owner or Operator?
Morris Bart’s boating accident lawyers in Huntsville will review the details of your boating accident to determine if there is enough evidence to prove negligence and liability. We provide these accident assessments for free so victims can better understand their rights and the potential recovery in their case.
Types of boating accidents our lawyers handle include:
- Boat collisions
- Kayak and canoe incidents
- Boat versus swimmer accidents
- Passengers hurt on a boat
- Passengers who fall off a watercraft
Almost any boating accident may support a claim if the owner or operator acted carelessly or recklessly and caused another person’s injuries. This could occur during fishing, skiing, swimming, floating, or any other activity and on any North Alabama waterway. Examples include:
- The Tennessee River
- Lake Guntersville
- Joe Wheeler State Park
- Weiss Lake
- Lake Wilson
To win compensation in a negotiated settlement or verdict at trial, we will need to prove four things:
- The boat owner or operator had specific rules to follow or actions to take.
- They failed to follow those rules, acting negligently.
- This caused the accident and our client’s injuries.
- We have evidence to show our client suffered physical and financial harm.
It may be possible to develop a solid case against the at-fault boat operator who caused your injuries. By reaching out to our team for a free case review, you can learn:
- Your rights as an accident victim
- The strength of your proof against the at-fault party
- Your options for moving forward with your claim or lawsuit
- The deadlines that apply to your case
Huntsville Boating Accident Lawyer Near Me (256) 666-3010
You Must Meet Timelines to Protect Your Right to Sue the At-Fault Party
In general, most people have up to two years to begin a lawsuit against the liable parties in their case under Ala. Code § 6-2-38 (personal injuries) or Ala. Code § 6-5-410 (wrongful deaths). However, these statutes of limitations do not universally apply.
Certain circumstances can extend the period before victims must begin this process, while others can significantly reduce how long they have to act. This could be true in your case, too.
Let our team review the details of your boat collision or incident and determine how soon you need to get started. We provide complimentary legal assessments for potential clients.
Morris Bart & Associates, LLC, Can Review Your Case to See How We Can Help
At the Morris Bart law office in Huntsville, our contingency fee firm manages injury cases for victims of boating accidents in Madison, Morgan, and Limestone counties, as well as other areas of northern Alabama.
We have more than 40 years of experience representing injured parties, including protecting their rights and building strong cases. Our attorneys may be able to help you, too.
In 2019, we secured settlements and other financial recoveries for more than 6,500 clients. Recent recovered damages include:
- $852,845 in a New Orleans car accident case
- $650,000 in a Monroe, LA, drunk driving crash
- $640,000 for a Lafayette, LA, workers’ compensation claim
- $580,000 after a Hattiesburg, MS, collision
- $550,000 in a Shreveport, LA, hit and run accident
In each of these instances, we helped our clients navigate the claims process, or we took their cases to trial. This includes:
- Investigating what happened
- Identifying the liable party or parties
- Gathering evidence
- Documenting damages
- Preparing all necessary paperwork
- Handling all relevant communication
- Negotiating with the insurer or other parties
- Ensuring we meet all applicable deadlines
- Representing the client’s best interests
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Speak With a Boating Accident Attorney in Huntsville for Free
At the Morris Bart law firm, we help our clients overcome their accidents, injuries, and financial impacts they suffered. Our team operates 16 offices and serves four states: Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Arkansas.
You can speak with a boating accident attorney in Huntsville from the Morris Bart law office about your boat accident and injuries during your free case assessment. You can learn more about our services by contacting us for your free case review.
Questions?Call (256) 666-3010
to find a Morris Bart office near you.