When a driver causes a crash because of speeding, aggressive driving, tailgating, or other recklessness, people can get hurt. If you were injured because of another driver’s carelessness, our Huntsville reckless driving attorney can help you hold the at-fault driver accountable for your injuries and the losses you suffered.
You do not have to handle your case on your own. At the Morris Bart law firm, we can manage all the legal tasks of your case for you. Our team can help you seek the justice you deserve by filing a claim or a lawsuit.
You Can Collect Compensation in Your Huntsville Reckless Driving Injury Case
You should not have to suffer the financial losses of your Huntsville, Alabama, injury case if someone else caused the collision. Our Huntsville car accident lawyer can listen to all the details of your case. This will allow us to gain an understanding of all the losses you suffered because of the crash.
We can help you demand damages for:
- Lost income: Sometimes, a person cannot work for a while after getting injured in a reckless driving crash. Their body needs time to heal before returning to the job. If you missed paychecks while recuperating, we can add the lost income to your demand for damages.
- Medical expenses: Typically, the cost of medical intervention you needed to treat your wounds is recoverable. These expenses can include things like the ambulance, emergency room, doctors, physical therapy, surgery, and prescription drugs.
- Long-term care: After suffering a debilitating injury like paralysis from spinal cord damage, some people lose the ability to live independently. If you developed a long-term impairment that requires you to receive daily assistance with medical treatments and personal care, we can include the cost of in-home healthcare or nursing home expenses in your case.
- Diminished earning capacity: If you still have lingering impairments, like chronic pain or decreased function, you might not be able to earn as much money as you did before the reckless driving crash. This financial loss can be a part of your injury case.
- Non-economic losses: Non-economic damages are those items that can be challenging to measure in terms of dollars because they usually do not have paperwork like receipts or bills. These losses can include pain and suffering or scarring and disfigurement. We can set a dollar value on your intangible losses.
- Wrongful death: If your loved one lost their life because of a reckless driving crash in Huntsville or the surrounding area, the surviving legal beneficiaries might be eligible for compensation. You can talk to your Huntsville reckless driving attorney about this possibility.
Our Huntsville reckless driving accident lawyer can determine a value for your case to help you seek appropriate compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a Reckless Driving Accident lawyer serving Huntsville, call 800-537-8185
Who Can Be Held Liable for Your Reckless Driving Collision Injuries?
The person who drove carelessly and caused the accident can be held liable for damaging you. We can prove they are liable for causing the crash by establishing negligence. This involves proving:
- The at-fault party had a duty of care
- They breached this duty of care by driving recklessly
- Their negligence was the reason you were in an accident and suffered injuries
- You suffered damages because of the reckless driving accident
Our team can gather evidence to prove the at-fault party owes you compensation. Evidence we can use includes:
- Photos and videos of the accident scene
- Images of your injuries
- Your medical records
- Witness statements
Huntsville Reckless Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
The Lawsuit Filing Deadline After a Huntsville Reckless Driving Crash
Many car accident cases can be settled through negotiations. We can also file a lawsuit to help you gain the compensation you need. You only have two years to file a lawsuit under Ala. Code § 6-2-38. Filing a lawsuit preserves your right to go after the negligent party for compensation for your losses. If you miss this deadline, called the statute of limitations, Alabama law can bar you from seeking compensation from the at-fault party.
You do not want to wait until the last minute to talk to a lawyer about filing a lawsuit. Sometimes, there are exceptions that make the statute of limitations even shorter than usual.
You Can Work With Our Huntsville Lawyer on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Many people assume that it is too expensive to work with an attorney. At the Morris Bart law firm, this is not the case. We work with our clients on a contingency-fee basis. With this fee arrangement, we work through the entire case and wait until the end to get paid.
When your case is won or settled, our attorneys will receive a percentage of your compensation as payment. You will not have to pay us any money out of your own pocket.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Reckless Driving is Defined in Huntsville
Reckless driving is a crime in Alabama. According to Ala. Code § 32-5A-190, reckless driving is defined as:
“[a] ny person who drives any vehicle carelessly and heedlessly in willful or wanton disregard for the rights or safety of persons or property, or without due caution and circumspection and at a speed or in a manner so as to endanger or be likely to endanger any person or property.”
Some examples of reckless driving include:
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Violating traffic laws
- Refusing to slow down in poor weather conditions
Contact Us To Work With Our Huntsville Reckless Driving Attorney
Our attorneys can shoulder the burden of seeking compensation on your behalf so that you can devote your attention to getting better. We can investigate the accident, gather the medical and employment records that support your case, and collect vital evidence.
Call to speak with a lawyer at the Morris Bart law firm. We are happy to offer a free initial consultation by appointment only in Huntsville.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.