If you sustained injuries in a crash that was someone else’s fault, our Madison reckless driving attorney could help you seek compensation. The at-fault party may be responsible for paying for all of your accident-related losses.
You should not also have to bear all your financial losses like lost income and medical bills yourself. Our team at the Morris Bart law firm can work on your case while you recover from your injuries.
Recoverable Damages After a Madison, AL Reckless Driving Collision
Every reckless driving case is different. The amount of compensation you can seek in your case will depend on the unique facts of your situation. We will need to investigate your case and talk to you about how your injuries are impacting your life.
After a reckless driving accident, our Madison car accident attorney can help you seek compensation for:
- Lost income: If you had to take time away from work because of your injuries, you might have trouble paying your bills and supporting your family. Our lawyers help our clients to recover compensation to make up for the income they did not receive.
- Decreased earning potential: If your injuries are bad enough, they could prevent you from returning to your current job. You may also have to take a new, lower-paying job because your injuries limit you. A reckless driving lawyer can work with you to recover this loss of income.
- Medical bills: Any expenses you incurred to treat your injuries should be the responsibility of the defendant. This includes ambulance trips, doctor’s appointments, and assistive equipment you may need because of the accident.
- Non-economic damages: These losses can be more difficult to translate into dollar amounts because they do not tend to involve bills and receipts. Still, in some cases we can seek non-economic damages based on the pain and trauma that you suffered. These losses can include pain and suffering, mental anguish, and lost life enjoyment.
If your close relative passed away from injuries suffered in a reckless driving collision, we may be able to help you recover wrongful death damages.
For a free legal consultation with a Reckless Driving Accident lawyer serving Madison, call 800-537-8185
How Our Firm Can Help With Your Madison Reckless Driving Accident Case
You do not have to take on the defendant’s insurance company or legal team by yourself. After getting hurt in a car crash, you should be able to concentrate on recovering rather than going through a stressful battle for the money you deserve.
You can rely on our Madison reckless driving attorney to handle all the legal tasks in your case. On your behalf, we can:
- Perform an investigation
- Gather the evidence to support your case, like the police report and your medical and employment records
- Negotiate with the insurance company and try to reach a fair settlement in your case
- Prepare and file a lawsuit if appropriate
- Work with expert witnesses when necessary
- Prepare for trial and represent you in the trial
- Review the settlement documents if your case settles
Our Reckless Driving Accident Lawyer Can Determine Liability
You can sue the reckless driver who caused your car accident and resulting injuries. We can help you file a lawsuit against them once we have proven their liability.
Our team can satisfy the following elements of negligence to prove the at-fault party was liable for the accident:
- Duty of care: All drivers have a duty to operate their vehicles in a safe manner when driving on public streets.
- Breach of duty: When someone fails to drive in a safe manner, they are negligent. Reckless driving, like driving too fast for the conditions, is negligent.
- Causation: Because the reckless driver was acting in a negligent manner, you were injured. We must prove the driver’s negligence was the direct cause of your accident and injuries.
- Damages: You suffered damages because of the accident. Your medical bills, pain and suffering, and lost income are damages we can prove you suffered.
Any display of negligence behind the wheel can put other drivers at risk. You do not have to pay the price for someone else’s inappropriate actions.
We Only Charge Contingency Fees in Reckless Driving Injury Cases
When you work with Morris Bart, you are not expected to make any up front payment for attorney’s fees in reckless driving injury cases. Instead, we work without pay until the end of the claim or lawsuit in what is known as a contingency-fee basis. This means we will accept a percentage of your compensation as our payment and collect nothing if we don’t win or settle your case.
Our firm also offers free consultations. This allows you to discuss your case with a lawyer at no charge. We can answer your case-related questions and provide more information about your legal options.
Statute of Limitations in Madison for Reckless Driving Injury Cases
Alabama has a deadline for filing motor vehicle accident injury lawsuits. This deadline, called the statute of limitations, or Ala. Code § 6-2-38, says that you must file your lawsuit within two years or you may lose the right to recover compensation from the at-fault party.
Sometimes, the filing deadline can be even shorter or longer, if there are exceptions to the standard statute of limitations. Our Madison reckless driving attorney can explain the filing deadline you should follow. However, we recommend you get started on your case right away to avoid losing potential evidence or your chance to seek justice.
The Definition of Reckless Driving in Madison
In Madison, AL reckless driving is defined in AL Code § 32-5A-190 as “any person who drives any vehicle carelessly and heedlessly in willful or wanton disregard for the rights or safety of persons or property, or without due caution and circumspection and at a speed or in a manner so as to endanger or be likely to endanger any person or property.” Reckless drivers could face jail time in Alabama.
When someone causes a crash because of reckless driving, they can be held liable for compensating injured victims. Our Madison car accident lawyer can help you determine liability and hold the at-fault party accountable.
Contact Us Today to Work With Our Madison Reckless Driving Attorney
If you were injured in an accident that someone else caused, don’t hesitate to seek justice. You could be entitled to compensation that covers your accident-related losses.
Call the Morris Bart law firm today to speak with our lawyer. We can discuss your case during a free consultation.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.