If you suffered injuries in a Madison personal injury attorney accident, you are likely going through a lot. These accidents are not only known to cause devastating trauma that can impact your ability to work and maintain relationships, but they can also affect your ability to live the life you have always wanted.
However, if these personal injury accidents were caused by another person’s wrongful, negligent, or reckless actions, it does not mean you have to deal with these tragic consequences on your own. Rather, you deserve justice for the damages you sustained and compensation for the harm you endured. That is why in these situations, you need an experienced Madison personal injury lawyer on your side, taking on this legal battle on your behalf and going after the financial recovery you require.
Proving Fault Following a Madison Personal Injury Accident
Most personal injury accidents are caused by negligence, which occurs when an individual harms another person because of their careless actions or actions that lack ordinary care or consideration. Yet, although this behavior usually consists of actions, it can also consist of omissions when there is some duty to act.
However, to prove negligence following an accident, there are typically four elements that need to be established. They include the following:
- The defendant owed a legal duty of care to the victim.
- The defendant breached this duty of care.
- The victim suffered harm because of this breach.
- The victim’s injuries resulted in substantial damages and losses, such as extensive medical expenses and lost wages.
Yet, it is also important to point out that these accidents can also result from intentional actions or strict liability situations. For these reasons, following a Madison personal injury accident, you should reach out to a skilled personal injury accident lawyer in Madison as soon as possible. These attorneys can promptly review your accident, determine what happened and who was at fault for the incident, and help you hold all those responsible for the accident accountable for the harm you sustained.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Madison, call 800-537-8185
How do You Know If You Have a Viable Legal Claim After a Personal Injury Accident?
Before you can seek legal recourse after your Madison personal injury accident, you first need to know if you have a viable legal claim. However, to determine this, numerous questions need to first be examined. For instance:
- What was the severity of your injuries?
- Did another person’s wrongful, negligent, or reckless actions cause your Madison personal injury accident?
- Is there insurance money available following the accident?
- Is there still enough time to file your case in Madison?
As a result, the most accurate way to figure out your legal options is to reach out to experienced and knowledgeable legal professionals. Fortunately, when you work with a skilled Madison personal injury accident attorney, the attorney can review your accident, determine if you have a viable case, and help you pursue the best legal option.
How Much Is a Personal Injury Case Worth in Madison?
Even though a skilled personal injury attorney can tell you what types of damages you can pursue following a Madison personal injury accident, these lawyers cannot promise you that you will be able to win your case or receive a certain amount of compensation. This is generally because there are just too many factors that can impact the value of your claim and substantially affect the amount of money you can get.
Take, for example, the following factors that are often known to influence potential financial remedies:
- The extent of the injuries that you suffered
- The ability to work in the same position following the personal injury accident
- The type of medical treatments you will need now and in the future
- The extent of your pain and suffering
- The amount of lost wages you incurred
- The need for replacement services, such as cleaning services or child care services after the accident
- The credibility of the witnesses and evidence presented
- The at-fault party’s culpability
Thankfully, when you work with an experienced personal injury attorney in Madison, they can help you prepare the strongest case on your behalf, taking on each of these factors and fighting for the compensation you need.
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney in Madison Help You Following an Accident?
Although nothing can erase the hurt, stress, and losses you experienced after a personal injury accident, obtaining compensation for the injuries you endured can help you get your life back on track and assist you as you start rebuilding after this horrifying incident. That is why following a personal injury accident, you should reach out to an experienced Madison personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Once you hire these lawyers, they can:
- Review your accident, determine if you have a viable case, and figure out the legal remedies you can pursue.
- Investigate your accident and gather the documentation and evidence needed to show fault and damages.
- Go over all of your questions and concerns and provide you with the legal support you need during this time.
- Ensure that all legal motions and files are adequately prepared and submitted to the correct court before time expires.
- Bring in the experts, including accident reconstructionists and doctors, to substantiate your claim.
- Take on all the discussions and negotiations with the insurance company and the defense team, and fight for a just settlement offer.
- Take your case to trial, if necessary, and go after maximum compensation.
Answers to Some of Our Most Frequently Asked Questions
Until you can speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer about the specifics of your case, we have prepared answers to the following frequently asked questions individuals often have following a personal injury accident. With these responses, we hope that you have the clarification you need to know what remedies you may be entitled to and how our legal team can help you.
What Types of Cases does the Law Firm of Morris Bart Handle in Madison?
Personal injury cases are often defined as a legal dispute that arises when an individual is injured in an accident, and another person is legally responsible for this accident and the injuries that result. Although personal injury cases can develop for several reasons, in general, the following situations tend to give rise to these personal injury claims most often:
- Intentional acts: If a person injures another individual intentionally, they can be held liable for the resulting damages and losses.
- Accidents: An accident typically occurs when an individual acts in a negligent or careless manner that causes harm to another person.
- Dangerous or defective products: If a good, product, device, or motor vehicle component is unreasonably dangerous or defective, and a person uses this product and is harmed, the manufacturer of this product can be held responsible for the losses and harm that result.
Due to the vast nature of personal injury cases, at Morris Bart, our experienced Madison personal injury lawyers handle a variety of personal injury claims, often resulting from wrongful death accidents, medical malpractice incidents, slip and fall accidents, on-the-job accidents, and motor vehicle collisions.
What Types of Compensation Can You Pursue Following a Madison Personal Injury Accident?
If your Madison personal injury accident was due to another person’s reckless, wrongful, or negligent actions, you may be entitled to certain types of compensation. In Alabama, this compensation includes economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages refer to the easily verifiable losses that result from an accident. They include:
- Past and current medical expenses related to a hospital stay, doctor visits, prescription medications, surgeries, and emergency services
- Future medical treatments
- Lost wages and lost earning capacity
- Personal property damages, including replacement and repair costs
- At-home nursing care
- Domestic replacement services including child care services or cleaning services
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
Non-economic damages refer to the rather subjective losses that result from an accident. These losses are not easily quantifiable and typically include the following
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical discomfort
- Lingering mental effects
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of a limb
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
When you work with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Madison following your accident, these attorneys can review the facts of your case, determine which of these damages may apply to your case, and help you go after all the damages you need.
Will You be Able to Receive Punitive Damages Following Your Madison Personal Injury Accident?
Unlike the other compensatory damages, which are meant to compensate the victim for their losses, punitive damages are awarded to punish the defendant for their especially egregious actions or their blatant disregard of the law. These damages are also awarded to serve as an example for others and discourage them from committing these horrendous acts in the future.
However, to be awarded these damages in Alabama, the victim’s attorney needs to show through clear and convincing evidence that the defendant acted with gross negligence or was intentionally fraudulent or malicious, and these actions caused the victim’s injury.
How Can an Experienced Madison Personal Injury Lawyer Help Your Case if the Insurance Company Gets Involved?
Following a Madison personal injury accident, it is likely that the insurance company will be calling. However, before you take this call and provide the insurer with a recorded statement, you should understand how these insurance companies work and how your statement can impact your claim.
First, you need to remember that the insurance company is not your friend. Rather, they are a business, and like other businesses, they want to make a profit. By offering you less money for your accident or denying your claim, the more profit they make.
That is why these insurance adjusters will try to do anything they can to get you to admit to something that can affect the value of your case. Fortunately, when you reach out to an experienced Madison personal injury lawyer before you discuss your case with these insurance adjusters, these attorneys can help you understand what you need to watch out for when it comes to the insurance company’s deceitful practices. Plus, these lawyers can also take on these conversations with the insurer on your behalf, making sure that you do not say anything that can hurt your case while fighting for the just settlement you deserve.
Get the Legal Help You Need, and Contact Morris Bart Today
If a personal injury accident disrupted your life or the life of a loved one, you should contact an experienced Madison personal injury attorney as soon as you can. At Morris Bart, our firm can not only provide you with a free case evaluation, but we can also help you understand how we can fight for your rights and the justice you deserve.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.