Fatal car accidents claim the most valuable thing we have: a loved one. The Morris Bart law firm sends its condolences for your loss, and we want to help you get justice. A Huntsville fatal car accident attorney from our team will help you seek punitive damages.
Our firm has recovered more than $1 billion for clients. In addition, we strive for fair settlements or judgments in wrongful death cases. Finally, we’ll fight for the memory of your loved one, aiming to hold liable parties accountable for their negligence.
Compensation Available to Survivors of Fatal Accidents in Huntsville, AL
In many states, the surviving family of someone killed in a car accident can receive compensatory damages if the court deems that the defendant acted negligently. However, this isn’t true for Alabama.
The state of Alabama allows you to sue for punitive damages only, which are used to punish the defendant for their poor choices, rather than compensate the victim for their expenses.
Punitive damages tend to be higher than compensatory damages, which helps when you are unable to claim compensatory damages as well. Our wrongful death lawyers will help you fight for maximum punitive damages from the responsible party.
For a free legal consultation with a Fatal Car Accident lawyer serving Huntsville, call (256) 666-3010
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit After a Huntsville Fatal Accident?
The state of Alabama does not allow family members of the deceased to bring a wrongful death lawsuit against the party or parties responsible for their loved one’s death. Instead, in Alabama only the executor of the estate is permitted to file a lawsuit.
The executor should be listed in the deceased’s will. If the person died without a will, then the court will appoint an executor, which is usually the victim’s closest living relative.
Why Hire Morris Bart & Associates, LLC, for Your Fatal Car Accident Case in Huntsville?
Fatal car accident cases require much time, effort, and resources. However, liable parties claimed your loved one’s life, and they must pay for the damage they have caused. Thus, we never settle unless you agree the offer is fair, and we prepare to take your case to trial if necessary.
With the Morris Bart law office, you get a legal team that:
- Has won many wrongful car accident cases: We won more than 5,600 cases in 2021, including many car accident cases. Thus, our attorneys understand how to prove negligence in car accident cases, what evidence can establish your claim, and how to approach settlement negotiations. So, you can rely on our experience.
- Places the client above all else: You deserve a lawyer who treats you with respect and compassion, especially considering your loss. Thus, you are the priority when you hire the Morris Bart law firm. Our team will update you as your case moves forward, and we encourage you to call us whenever you have a question or concern.
- Will put all our resources into winning your case: As a law firm operating with 15 offices in 4 states, we have ample financial resources to back our clients’ cases. We also employ dedicated attorneys and paralegals who understand our mandate: to win.
Our car accident attorneys understand the gravity of fatal crashes. Therefore, we will complete the legal process so you can continue to work through your grief and handle personal affairs.
Former Clients Explain What It’s Like to Be a Morris Bart Law Firm Client
Our client testimonials portray a firm dedicated to its clients’ financial and personal recoveries:
- “They handled everything timely and in a good manner. Everyone there has a great personality and attitude. So, if you need someone that’s actually going to care as a person in your accident case, call Morris Bart!” — Regina
- “I had an accident and I had Morris Bart helping me out. I would advise anybody that needs services to get in touch with Morris Bart and his team. That’s one call, that’s all it takes.” — Harry
- “I just want everybody to know that I am ecstatic with all the great hospitality and help that Morris Bart and all the agents here have provided.” — Joshua
Expect this same brand of dedicated legal service when you hire a Huntsville fatal car accident attorney from the Morris Bart law office.
Punitive Damages in a Fatal Car Accident Case in Huntsville
Losing a loved one takes a toll that is difficult to comprehend. However, the Morris Bart law firm will help you fight for punitive damages to cover your expenses. Such damages can help you pay for:
- Funeral expenses
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost financial support
- Loss of consortium
Economic losses refer to specific losses you suffered as a result of your accident. Some of the more common economic losses in a car accident that punitive damages could help cover include:
- Vehicle repair/replacement costs/rental car fees
- Medical bills
- Any income you lost while recovering from the crash
Noneconomic losses refer to abstract losses that don’t particularly have a monetary value. Punitive damages can help reimburse you for such non-economic losses as:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Psychological distress and anguish, including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Diminished quality of life
How a Lawyer from Our Team Will Fight for You
A legal case is not the priority for surviving family members following a wrongful death. Instead, you must look out for your well-being while remaining available to care for your loved ones. So, let the Morris Bart law firm worry about the legal process.
Our attorneys and paralegals will:
- Collect evidence from your loved one’s accident
- Deal with insurance companies and other attorneys
- Take your case to trial if necessary
No matter what, we’ll fight for the financial recovery you deserve and will take whatever path necessary to get that recovery.
Call Morris Bart & Associates, LLC, Today for Your Free Consultation
Ala. Code § 6-5-410 generally allows you two years to file a wrongful death case in Huntsville. So, don’t wait to hire a fatal car accident attorney from the Morris Bart law office. We’ll start your case as soon as possible and do everything we can to ensure we file before the statute of limitations expires.
Contact the Morris Bart law office today for your free consultation.
Questions?Call (256) 666-3010
to find a Morris Bart office near you.