If a motorist caused your injuries and losses in a side-impact collision in Mobile, Alabama, the Morris Bart law firm can review your case and determine how to help you pursue financial recovery.
We are a contingency fee law firm, which means we can start your case at no upfront cost. You pay our attorneys fees later if you win a settlement in your case. This fee arrangement allows us to get started on your case as soon as possible.
Why Hire a Side-Impact Accident Lawyer?
When a lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm represents a victim of a side-impact collision that occurred in Mobile, our team takes the necessary actions to:
- Investigate the accident
- Develop a strong argument for fair compensation
- Prepare all paperwork
- Handle all communications with the insurer representing the other driver
- Negotiate for a just financial recovery
- Litigate the case as needed
- Fight for our client’s best interests and justice in their civil case
We have been working for accident victims for more than 40 years, securing more than 6,500 payouts for injury victims in 2019 and thousands more recoveries for our clients each year. We understand what is necessary to build a case and recover compensation for our clients.
At the Morris Bart law firm, we will assess your case for free during your initial consultation with our team. We can also answer any questions you have about our team, our services, or how these cases work.
Pursuing Damages After Your Mobile Side-Impact Crash
Some insurance companies offer quick payouts following a crash. They hope they can reach the victim with a lowball offer before the victim secures legal representation or learns how much their case is worth. We recommend always speaking with a lawyer before you sign anything in your case.
You may be able to recover compensation for your damages that include:
- Your related medical bills and care expenses
- Future treatment needs
- Lost income and future missed wages
- Property damages, especially to your vehicle
- Rental car costs and other expenses
- Pain and suffering
Each case is different, so there is no way to determine what your case could be worth at this point. Some recoveries in other car accident cases include:
- $852,845 for a client with injuries and pain to their neck, back, and face
- $650,000 for a victim of a drunk driver who suffered several broken bones and two punctured lungs
- $580,000 for a client who required a cervical disc replacement
- $475,000 for a traffic accident victim with injuries to their neck, back, and shoulder
The Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Cases in Alabama
If we need to sue the at-fault driver on behalf of a client, Ala. Code §6-2-38 usually gives us two years to file the initial paperwork in a Mobile County civil court. However, you could have less time to get started. One example of this occurs when the liable party is a municipal worker or works for a government agency and was on the job when the accident occurred.
We invite you to speak with our team as early as possible after your crash to ensure you do not jeopardize your right to sue by waiting too long.
Side-Impact Collisions are Common But Extremely Dangerous
Side-impact collisions usually occur in intersections when a driver does not properly navigate the crossing. This can happen when they ignore traffic signs and signals or do not follow the rules about who has the right-of-way.
If you can show the other motorist caused your side-impact and the resulting injuries, you may have two options for recovering compensation. You could:
- File a claim based on their auto liability policy and negotiate a fair settlement agreement
- Sue the driver and take the case to trial for a court award
At the Morris Bart law office in Mobile, we generally can help our clients reach an out-of-court settlement in these cases. However, a civil suit and jury trial are sometimes necessary to help our clients secure a financial recovery.
Talk to an Attorney Today About Your Mobile Side-Impact Accident and Injuries
A lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm may be able to help with your side-impact collision insurance claim or lawsuit. If you were hurt in an intersection accident, we want to speak with you today about your options for pursuing compensation.
Our team provides complimentary consultations for victims of injury traffic accidents in Mobile County. Call us at (251) 298-8380 to get started with your free accident assessment.
Questions?Call (251) 298-8380
to find a Morris Bart office near you.