A spinal cord injury (SCI) can take a devastating toll on the lives of victims and their loved ones. As a result of accidents and incidents caused by someone else’s wrongful actions, victims commonly face a lifetime of paralysis and unexpected costs. They should not have to face those challenges without help.
In Mobile, AL spinal cord injury victims can turn to the law firm of Morris Bart to represent them in lawsuits and legal actions against those who did them harm. Our team of experienced, knowledgeable spinal cord injury attorneys in Mobile know how to get results. Contact us today for a free consultation.
About Our Spinal Cord Injury Law Practice
Clients come to us at Morris Bart after suffering a spinal cord injury through no fault of their own. Oftentimes, the injury has caused major disruption in their lives, and they need our assistance in securing compensation to help them confront challenges like:
- Paralysis (loss of motor control) and loss of sensation in parts of the body connected to the spinal cord below the site of the injury
- Disruption or slowing of organ function and other involuntary bodily functions
- Wide-ranging secondary health complications, including skin problems, infections, seizures, and respiratory disorders
- Mental health struggles, including depression and substance abuse
- Shortened life span
Without the help of an experienced lawyer who knows how to secure compensation for a spinal cord injury, the challenges above can take a devastating financial toll. According to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation (CDRF), the costs of living with SCI routinely run into millions of dollars over an individual’s lifetime. Caring for some spinal cord injuries may cost millions in just the first year alone.
The compassionate team at Morris Bart understands the personal and financial struggles SCI victims face. We take pride in giving them compassionate support and diligent advice during difficult times in their lives, and we work tirelessly to get them the financial compensation they deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a Spinal Cord Injury lawyer serving Mobile, call (251) 298-8380
Causes of SCIs in Mobile, AL that You Can Sue for
A core part of our efforts on behalf of spinal cord injury victims involves investigating the cause of our clients’ injuries and identifying any party that should face accountability to our client under Alabama law. Our team understands that spinal cord injuries have both traumatic and non-traumatic causes, and we have years of experience investigating both (often with the help of medical and forensic experts).
Our efforts frequently confirm that someone else’s wrongful, preventable actions caused our clients to suffer SCIs, such as when our clients have sustained injuries in:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Medical errors and misdiagnosis
- Oxygen deprivation
- Poisoning and toxic exposure
- Violent crimes
Our clients can take confidence in knowing that if evidence exists to prove how their injuries occurred, or who should bear the blame for them, our team knows where to find it, how to obtain it, and the best ways to use it to their advantage. Even if it takes extra digging and research to uncover critical information we can use to prove our clients’ cases, our team is more than up to the task.
Seeking Compensation for a Mobile, AL Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal cord injuries often happen in Mobile because of the careless, reckless, or intentional actions of someone other than the victim. In those cases, Alabama law permits the victim to take legal action against the at-fault party (or parties) demanding compensation. With the help of a skilled Mobile spinal cord injury attorney, like a member of the team from Morris Bart, victims of these wrongful actions and their families can often secure payment for:
- Costs associated with treating the initial spinal cord injury, including emergency care and hospitalization
- Long-term care and rehabilitation costs, including the costs of physical, occupational, and emotional therapy
- Medical equipment, such as costs for wheelchairs and other mobility devices SCI sufferers need in order to live independent lives
- Costs associated with treating secondary health complications of spinal cord injuries
- Wages, income, and economic opportunities the SCI victim loses or will not receive in the future because of the injury
- Physical pain and emotional suffering, not limited to being forced to endure the mental health struggles common to SCI victims
- Diminished quality of life and relationships, including loss of enjoyment of day-to-day activities, and loss of consortium
- Punitive damages aimed at punishing the at-fault party’s wrongful conduct
At Morris Bart, we strive to secure every last penny of compensation our clients deserve when a spinal cord injury interrupts their lives. We never lose sight of the fact that an SCI means our clients may need financial support that lasts their lifetime. We frequently work closely with actuarial and financial planning experts to calculate and prove the amount of money our clients need in order to pay both current and future expenses.
Click to contact our Mobile Personal Injury Attorney today
Don’t Wait to File Your Claim or You May Lose Out
Do not wait to seek the help of an experienced injury lawyer after an accident or incident in Mobile, AL results in a spinal cord injury to you or a loved one. You may have the right to receive substantial amounts of financial compensation, but you must act quickly to protect your rights. An Alabama law known as the statute of limitations gives you just two years from the date of your injury, in most cases, to take legal action for damages.
If you miss a deadline for taking action, you may lose your rights to compensation altogether. Working with an experienced spinal cord injury lawyer in Mobile is the best way to meet important deadlines and protect your rights.
Contact Our Firm for a Seasoned Mobile, LA Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
To learn about your options for seeking the compensation you deserve after a spinal cord injury in Mobile, AL disrupts your life, contact Morris Bart today for a free consultation with a member of our team.
Questions?Call (251) 298-8380
to find a Morris Bart office near you.