Were you harmed in an accident with a tow truck? Our Mobile personal injury lawyers may be able to help you seek compensation for your medical treatment, lost wages, and other damages.
We Will Help You Seek Awards to Pay for Your Accident-Related Losses
Because of their weight and size, tow trucks can cause serious damage to passenger vehicles and their occupants during a collision. If a tow truck driver’s negligent actions caused your collision, the Morris Bart law firm can help you pursue a settlement or verdict for your:
- Medical care – This includes emergency treatment, physical and cognitive rehabilitation, surgeries, medical equipment, hospitalizations, and long-term care services.
- Property damages – If a tow truck damaged or totaled your vehicle, you can seek the cost of repairs or a replacement. You can also seek the value of any other damaged personal property.
- Lost wages – We may be able to help you recover back pay from time lost at work due to your injuries. We can also help you seek awards to pay for your household expenses while you are out of work during your recovery. If you suffer an injury that leaves you unable to ever return to your job, we can help you seek the loss of your future earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering -Pain and suffering damages compensate accident victims for the physical, mental, and emotional impact of their accident. This includes awards for stress, anxiety, mental anguish, and severe injuries.
- Wrongful death – If your loved one died from injuries sustained in an accident, a representative of their estate can seek compensation for damages the deceased could have sought had they lived, according to Code § 6-5-410.
We Have Helped Thousands of Clients Recover Millions of Dollars
With 15 locations and more than 40 plus years of experience, the Morris Bart law firm has helped clients across four states win big settlements and verdicts. Our case results include:
- $650,000 for a client injured by a drunk driver
- $490,000 for a truck accident resulting in a neck and back injury
- $450,000 for a car accident resulting in lower back surgery
- $337,500 for a truck accident involving two concussions, a broken neck, and broken vertebrae
While every case has different results, we can promise to treat you professionally and respectfully as we strive to seek the most advantageous resolution possible for you. Our client testimonials often reference our helpful staff and commitment to service.
For a free legal consultation with a Tow Truck Accident lawyer serving Mobile, call (251) 298-8380
We Will Identify All Liable Parties in Your Case and Hold Them Financially Responsible
Accidents involving commercial vehicles, such as tow trucks, can be more complicated than passenger vehicle cases. This is because there can be multiple liable parties depending on who owns the tow truck and employs the driver.
The tow truck driver may bear responsibility if their negligent driving caused your crash. However, the driver’s employer may also be liable if they failed to vet, train, or supervise their employees.
Other potentially liable parties are connected to the tow truck itself. If problems with the tow truck, such as a vehicle or defective parts, led to your accident, the truck’s owner, manufacturer, or entity in charge of maintenance could be financially responsible for your damages.
We will investigate your accident and determine liability. We will then seek compensation from all applicable parties. To win your case, you must prove the person responsible for your collision failed to act with a reasonable duty of care or, in other words, behaved negligently. We will obtain evidence proving someone or something else caused your crash, including:
- Surveillance videos
- Crash site data
- Eyewitness testimony
- Expert opinions
- Vehicle damages
- Medical bills and records
Examples of driver negligence may include distracted or reckless driving, driving drowsy, speeding, failing to maintain lane position, tailgating, or driving drunk. Negligent vehicle or road maintenance may also be a factor.
With commercial truck accidents, such as tow trucks, a portion of the evidence needed to build your case may be in the hands of the tow truck company. Submitting a spoliation of evidence letter can prevent the destruction of evidence, such as drug testing, safety checks, and past accident reports. Our team can draft and deliver such letters to protect the evidence we need to build your case.
Our Mobile Car Accident Lawyers Can Take Care of Your Insurance Claim
In many cases, we can achieve compensation for you through an insurance settlement. We will submit your claims, make a case for their client’s negligence, and negotiate on your behalf.
If an insurance agent contacts you, provide them with only the most basic information and then refer them to your attorney. Do not agree to any settlements they may offer, and do not give more than basic details about your accident or injuries.
By allowing our attorneys to handle communications, you protect yourself from pressure from the insurance companies. Insurance agencies profit by keeping settlement amounts low. You do not want to accept an initial offer or say something the agency could use to deny your claim.
Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Lawsuits
While our goal is achieving a settlement for you as easily as possible, sometimes, a resolution through insurance is not possible. If we must obtain compensation through a lawsuit, we will not shy away from taking legal action.
In general, Alabama allows two years to file personal injury or wrongful death cases, according to Ala. Code § 6-2-38. However, there may be circumstances that could shorten this window of time. If the statute of limitations expires, you likely cannot pursue damages in court. An attorney can tell you more.
Click to contact our Mobile Truck Accident Lawyers today
Morris Bart & Associates, LLC Can Manage Your Case on a Contingency Fee Basis
We want to help you achieve results without adding to your financial worries. To help our clients, we take cases on a contingency.
To learn more about what our Mobile tow truck accident lawyers can do for you, call (251) 298-8380 for a free, no-obligation consultation. An attorney from our team can answer your questions and tell you more about our services.
Questions?Call (251) 298-8380
to find a Morris Bart office near you.