If you were injured and are seeking compensation from the party who caused you harm, you can call the Morris Bart law firm to help you start the financial recovery process. We help people like you file insurance claims or personal injury lawsuits so that they can demand compensation from negligent parties.
Did your injury happen in Moss Point, Mississippi? Call (800) 537-8185 to get in touch with our branch that serves that area. We can discuss how a Moss Point personal injury lawyer from our team may be able to help you.
Let Our Legal Team Manage Your Personal Injury Case While You Recover
If you have never filed a personal injury claim or lawsuit, our legal team can step in to handle your case for you. This may be a convenient option for you if you are still healing from your injuries or handling other personal affairs while pursuing compensation.
The team at the Morris Bart law firm offers the following legal services if you decide to work with us:
- Reviewing your case to identify who might be liable for your damages
- Investigating the incident to understand what happened
- Collecting any evidence that we find or that you provide us
- Making statements to insurance companies or other legal attorneys on your behalf
- Filing and submitting paperwork necessary to your case
- Negotiating a potential settlement with the other party
- Representing you in court if you decide to file a lawsuit
Before we begin your case, you have an opportunity to discuss it with one of our team members in a free consultation. During this call, you can learn more about which legal routes you might want to take based on your circumstances. Our representative can also explain other services we may provide to help you prepare your case.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Moss Point, call (800) 537-8185
We Can Calculate Your Damages to See How Much Compensation You Deserve
To find out how much compensation to pursue in your case, our team will evaluate your economic and non-economic damages. In short:
- Economic damages refer to financial losses, debts, and expenses caused by your injuries.
- Non-economic damages refer to more general losses, which may have affected you physically, mentally, or emotionally.
What We Consider When Calculate Your Damages
Our team will help you categorize your damages, which usually begins with identifying which losses cost you money. Your economic damages may include:
- Costs for medical treatment
- Costs to repair or replace damaged property
- The income you lost and income you expect to lose because of your injuries
- Out-of-pocket expenses, such as the costs to buy prescription medicines, medical equipment, or at-home care services
These are only a few examples, so you may receive compensation for other financial losses you incurred. Once we gauge your amount of economic damages, we then consider your other losses, which might include:
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life or loss of independence because of your injuries
- Permanent disability, including loss of bodily function or amputation
- Permanent disfigurement, including scarring or burns
- Loss of consortium or changes in your relationships because of your injuries
These losses help measure the personal impact your injuries had on your life, so the amount of compensation they entitle you to varies.
Your Lawyer Can Help You File Before the Deadline
When filing a personal injury lawsuit, one thing you need to be aware of is the statute of limitations. This law determines the period you have to submit your lawsuit to the court system in Mississippi.
Miss. Code Ann. §15-1-49 dictates that plaintiffs have three years to file their cases. However, statutory deadlines can vary by case type or who is being sued. For example, if you are suing for medical malpractice, you have two years to file your case, per Miss. Code Ann. §15-1-36.
We know the law to determine the deadline for your case and monitor this date for you. Should you decide to file an insurance claim and negotiations come to a halt, we can file a lawsuit as another option to pursue compensation.
Understanding Your Lawyer’s Advice
We give full autonomy to our clients so that they are in control of their legal journey. Still, we understand that not everything might come as easy to people who have never navigated the legal process before.
Part of the benefits of working with a personal injury lawyer from our team is that we can offer legal advice whenever you ask and before you need to make decisions. Some things your lawyer may advise you on include:
- Whether you should pursue compensation from more than one party
- How much compensation you should demand based on your damages
- How fair a settlement offer is based on the calculations made about your damages
- Whether you should keep negotiating for a settlement or file a lawsuit
- What statements or claims could help your case
Our law firm aims to be as transparent as possible with you. If you ever have any questions about your case, you can call us, and we’ll answer.
Reach Out Today to Our Attorneys for Help with Your Claim
Our goal is to help as many people as possible get the justice they need and recover their damages. While we know money cannot fix every damage, compensation may relieve the financial burdens you are facing.
Call (800) 537-8185 to have a representative of our firm review your case. The consultation is free, so go ahead and ask any questions you might have. If you decide to work with us, we can have a Moss Point personal injury lawyer work on your case immediately.
Questions?Call (800) 537-8185
to find a Morris Bart office near you.