If you were injured in a slip and fall on someone else’s property in Pascagoula, the landowner may be liable for your injuries and related financial harm. Property owners are responsible for keeping their grounds and buildings safe for guests.
At the Morris Bart law office, our slip and fall accident lawyers in Pascagoula may be able to help. We offer complimentary consultations to help you understand your rights and what you can do to pursue financial recovery based on the facts of your slip and fall accident and injuries.
Seeking Compensation to Pay Your Bills After a Slip and Fall in Pascagoula
Knowing the right steps to take after a slip and fall accident can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. One crucial step is to partner with an attorney.
When our Pascagoula slip and fall accident lawyers represent victims, we gather evidence to support their case and seek compensation based on this evidence. This may be possible through:
- Settlement negotiations with the insurer representing the landowner
- Filing a civil lawsuit and taking the case to trial
The goal of either of these options is to recover a fair and just financial payout based on the costs, losses, and intangible damages our client experienced. Examples of recoverable damages include:
- Current and future treatment, support, and care for injuries
- Lost wages, benefits, and other income
- Reduced ability to earn because of permanent injuries
- Out-of-pocket costs incurred
- Pain and suffering
Slip and Fall Wrongful Deaths
While many slips and falls cause serious injuries, most are not fatal. However, head trauma, spinal cord injuries, and falls from an elevated height may lead to critical concerns and death.
When this occurs, Mississippi’s wrongful death statute, Miss. Code Ann. 11-7-13, provides surviving family members with a path to recover additional damages. This includes:
- Expenses and losses experienced by the family, such as loss of income and funeral costs
- Loss of services and expenses related to paying for them
- Intangible damages experienced by surviving family members
For a free legal consultation with a Slip and Fall Accident lawyer serving Pascagoula, call (228) 207-5266
Building a Strong Claim Based on Your Slip and Fall Injuries
Slip and fall cases fall under a type of law known as premises liability. When we pursue compensation for you in this type of case, we may file a claim based on the landowner’s:
- Homeowners insurance policy
- Business liability policy
The fall that supports a premises liability case can occur almost anywhere. Some common locations include:
- Grocery stores
- Other shops
- Shopping malls
- Private homes
- Public buildings
- Parking lots
To hold the landowner or property lessee – sometimes called the property “occupier” – responsible or to recover a negotiated payout from their insurer, we will need to show:
- There was an unreasonable hazard on the property
- The landowner or lessee knew or should have known about the hazard
- The hazard caused their fall and injuries
- They suffered physical and financial harm
Some types of unreasonable hazards are:
- Spills not cleaned immediately
- Tracked water
- Rolled rugs, torn carpet, missing tiles, or other flooring concerns
- Unmarked step-ups or step-downs
- Items in the walkway
- Potholes, uneven sidewalks, and other outdoor hazards
- Dangerous stairs
- Low lighting conditions
- Missing or broken railings
When a personal injury attorney from our firm represents you, we handle the investigation and gather evidence for you. We prove what caused the fall, who is responsible, and what an appropriate settlement might include.
Taking on all aspects of the legal case allows you to continue focusing on your treatment and care. We take care of your insurance claim or injury lawsuit and keep you up to date on its progress.
Pascagoula Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me (228) 207-5266
Learn the Deadlines that Apply in Your Case During Your Free Initial Consultation
Our team members may be able to make a preliminary determination about the deadlines that apply in your fall case during your first conversation with our team. We assess the facts of your case during your initial consultation, including any details that could lead to exceptions to the statute of limitations for personal injury cases.
Under Miss. Code Ann. 15-1-49, victims generally have three years to begin the process of suing a landowner or lessee after a fall. However, some specifics of a case could cause this deadline to come sooner or give you more time.
Possible exceptions could include:
- An extension if your child was the victim in the accident
- Meeting deadlines sooner if the fall occurred on municipal property or somewhere managed by a government agency
Morris Bart, LTD, Develops Strong Arguments to Protect Your Rights
The Pascagoula slip and fall accident attorneys at the Morris Bart law firm go to work protecting your rights as soon as we sign on to represent you. This includes taking steps such as:
- Handling all communications about the case
- Working to identify and analyze all evidence available
- Calling in experts when necessary
- Meeting all applicable deadlines
- Representing your best interests
Our law office has more than 40 years of experience handling civil lawsuits and insurance claims. Today, we operate 15 offices and represent clients in Mississippi and three other states:
We are a contingency fee firm. We also review cases for free. You can contact us about your legal options and speak with a team member about your accident at no cost to your family. We have a demonstrated ability to secure compensation for our clients, including 6,500 cases won in 2019 alone.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Talk to a Team Member from Our Pascagoula Law Office About Your Fall for Free
The Morris Bart law firm may be able to help you seek compensation based on your slip, trip, and fall injuries. You can speak with an attorney familiar with these cases for free today. We are here to help you understand your case and options.
Call us or fill out our online contact form now for your complimentary consultation and case assessment with a slip and fall accident lawyer in Pascagoula today.
Questions?Call (228) 207-5266
to find a Morris Bart office near you.