Many people generally think of parking lot accidents as minor fender benders, but this is not always the case. If you suffered injuries or lost a loved one to such an accident, you may have a case against the negligent motorist who caused the collision. A Shreveport parking lot accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law office can help you seek damages in your case if you qualify to hold the other motorist responsible.
At the Morris Bart law firm, we offer free accident evaluations for injured victims in Shreveport. You can speak to a team member today about your case during your consultation.
Recoverable Damages in Your Parking Lot Accident Case
Once we have evidence to support our claims and understand the value of your losses, we can attempt to negotiate a fair settlement with the other driver’s insurer. The compensation we will seek can cover a variety of damages you may be facing, such as the following:
- Ambulance transportation, as needed
- Medical care and treatment
- Future medical treatment for your injuries
- Lost wages and any related benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
Wrongful death damages are available when the victim of a parking lot accident dies. These damages may include the economic and intangible losses experienced by immediate family members because of their loved one’s death.
For a free legal consultation with a Parking Lot Accident lawyer serving Shreveport, call 800-537-8185
Why Go Through Morris Bart, LLC for Your Auto Accident Lawyer?
For other car accident victims, we’ve secured settlements like these:
- $852,845 for a car accident victim with neck and back pain
- $580,000 for a car accident victim who needed cervical disc replacement
- $475,000 for a car accident victim with neck, back, and shoulder herniations
What Our Clients Have to Say
Our attorneys fight for the results you need to recover from your accident. During the process, however, our team strives to give our clients peace of mind. Here’s what some of our clients have to say about working with our firm:
- “If you need someone that’s actually going to care as a person in your accident case, Call Morris Bart!” – Regina
- “I’m ecstatic with all the great hospitality and help that Morris Bart and all the agents here have provided.” – Joshua
- “I was involved in a vehicle accident and Morris Bart helped me. He was a very great attorney. He got me my money in a timely manner and if I ever need an attorney I would choose Morris Bart again.” – Emily
We hope you’ll allow us to fight for positive results in your case, too.
Establishing Liability in Parking Lot Accidents
If you are in a parking lot collision in Caddo Parish or Bossier Parish, contact law enforcement. You will need a traffic accident report to file an insurance claim for your car’s property damage, even if no injuries occur. In a more severe accident, this report may help to prove what happened and document liability.
Determining who is at fault in a parking lot accident is sometimes difficult to establish. In general, motorists should drive slowly, pay careful attention to other vehicles and pedestrians, and follow the proper traffic flow, including arrows painted on the pavement.
There are several common ways accidents occur in Shreveport parking lots. How the accident occurs plays a significant role in who is liable for any resulting injuries. The following are common examples of these collisions and who is likely liable:
- A moving vehicle collides with a parked car; the driver of the moving vehicle is liable.
- A driver backing up strikes a vehicle moving forward; in most cases, the driver reversing is liable.
- A driver in a feeder lane pulls onto the parking lot’s main lane without yielding, causing a collision; the liability generally falls on the driver from the feeder lane.
- A driver fails to see a pedestrian and strikes them, either while moving forward or in reverse; the driver is liable for pedestrian accidents in most cases.
The Potential Severity of Parking Lot Collisions
Most parking lot accidents occur at low speeds and do not cause significant injuries, although there are exceptions. When it comes to a car versus pedestrian accident, the pedestrian may suffer devastating injuries even at low speeds. If this happened to your loved one and they passed away from their injuries,Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §2315.2may allow you to pursue a wrongful death case against the negligent driver.
If your case against the driver qualifies, a Shreveport parking lot accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law office can help you prove negligence and responsibility for your property damages, medical care, lost wages, and more. Let our team investigate your case and determine if we can help.
Proving Negligence and Pursuing a Payout After a Shreveport Parking Lot Accident
When we represent a victim of a Shreveport parking lot accident, our firm will develop a case that allows us to prove to the insurance company—and the court, if necessary—that the other driver’s actions caused the accident and their injuries. This stance will require us to take steps that include the following:
- Gather paperwork and documents relevant to the case, including requesting and obtaining police reports, medical records, and more
- Identify any available video of the accident
- Interview witnesses of the accident
- Conduct accident reconstructions, when necessary, with the help of experts
- Collect and analyze any available physical evidence
- Put a fair settlement value on the case using proof of the damages
We can provide financial support for each of these steps, and we do not require you to pay a retainer or other upfront fees. You will not need to pay us anything out of your pocket. Instead, we take our fees from the settlement check or court award we recover.
Time Limits for Filing a Louisiana Personal Injury Lawsuit
Under CC §3492, there is a one-year time limit on filing a lawsuit in a Louisiana traffic accident case, including Shreveport parking lot accident cases. We must meet this deadline if we need to file a lawsuit on your behalf. Missing the deadline could mean losing the right to seek compensation in court.
Talk to a Member of Our Shreveport Team Today
You can speak to a team member from the Morris Bart law office today to learn more about the legal options you have to hold the at-fault driver accountable. If you qualify, a Shreveport parking lot accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm will take on your case at no out-of-pocket cost to you.
Call for your complimentary consultation with our team.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.