If you were in a car accident in the rain, you may be able to pursue a civil case against the driver who hit you. A lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm can help by collecting the evidence necessary to take action on your behalf. We can then attempt to settle the matter for an amount equal to what you deserve or, failing that, we can take your case to trial.
Discuss your case with a member of Morris Bart’s Shreveport team today. We offer free accident evaluations for collision victims. Call (318) 553-5470 today to get started.
We Can Help You Develop a Case Against the Negligent Driver in Your Accident
Proving liability requires that we show the at-fault driver acted in a negligent way. This includes demonstrating:
- The driver had a duty to take specific precautions because of the rain.
- The driver did not react appropriately.
- The driver’s negligence caused a collision that led to your injuries.
- You suffered economic and non-economic damages because of your injuries.
Possible evidence in your case can include the following:
- Paperwork filed by the responding police officers at the scene
- A survey of the accident scene
- Weather reports from the date of the accident
- Eyewitness testimony
- Accident reconstruction expert testimony and data
- Physical evidence from the scene and each vehicle
- Medical records showing your relevant injuries
- Documentation related to your prognosis
- Medical expert statements
- Receipts and bills proving your expenses
Representation with No Upfront Cost to You
At the Morris Bart law firm, we represent our clients on contingency. This means we will use our financial resources to cover the cost of investigating your accident and seeking a resolution in your favor. Only after we receive the check for your payout will we request our fees. You do not need to pay anything upfront.
For a free legal consultation with a Rain Accident lawyer serving Shreveport, call 800-537-8185
Recoverable Damages After a Crash in the Rain
The damages we can recover for our clients depend on the expenses they incurred. Financial recovery can include current and future losses, including both economic and non-economic damages. We will determine your case’s value before we file an insurance claim so we can ensure your eventual settlement compensates you fairly.
Economic losses we may be able to pursue include:
- Treatment and care costs related to your injuries
- Lost income, including wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damages
- Out-of-pocket expenses
You may also be entitled to non-economic damages, which are intangible losses you may have suffered as a result of your accident. These include:
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional distress
If your family member passed away as a result of their accident injuries, you may also qualify for wrongful death damages. Contact us to start your wrongful death action now.
Shreveport Rain Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
Time Limits on Shreveport Rain Accident Cases
There is a one-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits under Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492. This means you have only one year following your accident to take legal action and file a lawsuit.
If we cannot reach a settlement agreement with the insurance company representing the at-fault driver, we may need to take your case to court. However, you may lose the right to file a negligence suit after 12 months have passed. As such, we will help you decide whether you should proceed to trial or settle out of court before the deadline.
Speak with a Member of Our Car Accident Team for Free Today
The Morris Bart law firm will represent you in your legal case against the driver responsible for your collision. We know how to prove weather-related accident cases and document damages to seeking a fair resolution on your behalf. Discuss your case with an attorney from Morris Bart today at (318) 553-5470.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.