An accident reconstruction lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm in Shreveport can enlist expert help to prove liability in your case. Accident reconstruction experts can help us seek the maximum payout on your behalf.
We offer free case evaluations to accident victims. Call (318) 553-5470 to discuss your case with an attorney on our team today.
How Accident Reconstruction Works
If you suffered injuries in a Bossier Parish or Caddo Parish accident, we can call in accident reconstruction experts to help prove your case. Accident reconstruction is a method of determining the circumstances that led to an accident.
Here, specially trained reconstructionists will work backward from what we already know about your case to what we still need to prove, including:
- The location of each vehicle after the accident (to prove the angle of the collision)
- The damage to each car
- Witness statements
- Weather conditions
- The injuries to each party
This will allow them to paint a more accurate picture of the factors that contributed to the accident. For example, they may be able to discover and document:
- Where the cars first collided
- The speed of the vehicles at the time of the accident
- If any other drivers may have played a role in causing the accident
- If there was a problem with either vehicle that contributed to the accident
- If there were drugs or alcohol involved
- If the other driver fell asleep or was distracted
Proving Your Innocence
Our team can use the accident reconstruction experts’ opinions to prove negligence and liability, as well as to handle allegations of comparative fault. This may be especially important in a case when the at-fault driver accuses you of contributing to the accident. This type of accusation could greatly affect the recoverable damages in your case, per Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §2323.
For a free legal consultation with a Reconstruction lawyer serving Shreveport, call 800-537-8185
Additional Evidence We Can Gather to Build a Stronger Case for You
In addition to the evidence uncovered in the accident reconstruction process, we can gather additional proof to support your claim, including:
- Law enforcement accident reports
- A complete survey of the accident scene
- Witness statements
- Physical evidence
- Photos from the scene or video of the accident
- Your relevant medical records, imaging, and other medical documents
- Receipts, bills, and documentation of your losses and expenses
- Testimony from medical experts regarding your prognosis and future needs
To recover compensation in your case, we will need to determine:
- The cause of the accident and whether negligence was involved
- The injuries you suffered as a result of the accident
- The losses and expenses you incurred
- Your possible future damages and intangible losses
A representative from the Morris Bart law firm can speak with you about your case today. Call (318) 553-5470 now.
Shreveport Reconstruction Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
How We Recover Damages for Our Clients
Your damages depend on the losses and injuries you experienced as a result of the collision. We calculate the approximate value of your damages then seek appropriate compensation. This way, we know the exact amount of a fair settlement in your case so we don’t end up settling for less than you need to cover your expenses.
Financial compensation can include the following types of damages:
- Current and future medical costs
- Current and future lost income and related benefits
- Diminished earning capacity if you cannot go back to your job
- Property damages to your car
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life related to permanent injuries
Time Limits on Filing a Civil Action in a Shreveport Traffic Accident
There is a one-year time limit on filing a lawsuit in most traffic accident cases under CC §3492. If we are unable to reach an out-of-court settlement with the insurance company and need to file a lawsuit in your case, we must file the paperwork before that one-year deadline. Your paperwork will name the liable party as the defendant and will request compensation from them to cover your losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Speak with a Lawyer About Your Shreveport Traffic Accident for Free
We handle traffic accident cases based on contingency. This means you do not pay anything upfront. We only receive our fees from your settlement or court award, if we recover one on your behalf. Learn more with a free consultation. Contact a lawyer at the Morris Bart law firm today at (318) 553-5470.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.