Back and neck injuries can cause immense complications, whether you suffer a herniated disc or a spinal cord injury. Your medical bills may add up immensely. If your injuries interfere with your ability to work, it can grow very difficult to bring in income.
A personal injury claim through a back and neck injury attorney in Shreveport can help you seek the compensation you may need for your injuries, including compensation for those rising bills.
Do You Have the Right to a Shreveport, LA Back and Neck Injury Claim?
In general, you have the right to file a back and neck injury claim in Shreveport, LA if:
- Someone else’s negligent actions, including actions like driving while distracted or ignoring safety precautions on the job, caused your accident
- The party whose negligence caused your injuries bore a duty of care to you at the time of the accident. For example, if you suffered your injuries in a Shreveport car accident, all drivers bear a duty of care to others who share the road.
- You suffered injuries, including back and neck injuries like a herniated disc or whiplash, as a result of the accident.
For a free legal consultation with a Back and Neck Injury lawyer serving Shreveport, call (318) 553-5470
Who Bears Liability in a Shreveport Back and Neck Injury Claim?
Generally speaking, the party that bears liability for your back and neck injuries in a personal injury claim will be the party whose negligence caused your accident. Personal injury claims can involve either individuals or business entities. The liable party may depend on where your injuries occurred, including what type of accident you had and what circumstances contributed to that accident.
Car accidents cause many serious back and neck injuries each year. Often, liability for a car accident rests with the liable driver: one who chose to drive while distracted, drink and drive, or ignore the rules of the road. However, liability for car accidents may also rest with:
- The manufacturer of the vehicle, when a mechanical error causes the malfunction
- A mechanic that recently worked on the vehicle, but committed an error that caused a mechanical failure
Slip and fall accidents, which can occur on public or private property, often occur due to negligence on the part of the property owner. A property owner who fails to properly secure or maintain a pool to decrease fall risk, for example, may bear liability for an accident. Sometimes, a business or vendor operating in a property owned by another entity may also share liability for a slip and fall accident: for example, when the business fails to clean up properly after a spill.
In the case of accidents in nursing homes and medical facilities that result in slip and fall accidents, the care provider, including a nursing home or hospital, may bear liability for failing to properly monitor a resident with a known fall risk.
Construction Site Accidents
Construction sites offer many opportunities for potential accidents, from heavy machinery to falling objects. In general, the general contractor overseeing the site bears liability for ensuring a safe work site for workers and visitors to that site alike. Liability for back and neck injuries could also rest with:
- The manufacturer of malfunctioning equipment
- The owner of rented equipment that malfunctions
- Subcontractors working on a specific area of the property
- The owner of the property
Generally, you will not deal directly with the company or individual that caused your back and neck injuries. Instead, you will generally recover compensation through that entity’s insurance company.
How Much Compensation Can You Recover After a Shreveport Back or Neck Injury?
At Morris Bart, we cannot guarantee how much compensation you can recover through a back and neck injury claim. However, we do know that back and neck injuries can prove expensive, and that, when someone else’s negligence causes those injuries, you have the right to pursue compensation. We can also help you break down the elements most commonly included in a Shreveport back and neck injury claim.
Compensation for Your Medical Costs
Medical costs can rise exponentially after severe back and neck injuries, especially if you suffer injuries like spinal cord injuries, which could cost over $1 million in the first year after your accident alone. We can help you calculate the cost of those medical treatments.
Compensation for Wages You Lose Because of Your Injuries
Back and neck injuries can make it hard to work, whether you need to move around a manufacturing plant or you usually spend your day sitting behind a desk. We can help you calculate the value of your lost wages after an accident and include them in your claim.
Compensation for Pain and Suffering
Unlike the special damages named above, general damages like pain and suffering may not have a specific financial value. At Morris Bart, we can help you learn more about how to calculate the value of pain and suffering and include it in your back and neck injury claim.
Click to contact our Shreveport Personal Injury Attorney today
How Can a Lawyer Help After You’ve Suffered a Back or Neck Injury in Shreveport?
After your back and/or neck injuries, ideally, you should contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Specifically, a Shreveport back and neck injury attorney can help:
- Break down the compensation you really deserve, including calculating damages you may not have considered on your own
- Investigate your accident and create a compelling claim that establishes who caused your accident and why you deserve compensation
- Fight for you as you pursue the compensation you deserve, whether you can settle with the insurance company out of court or need to take your claim to court in order to get the compensation you deserve
Sometimes back and neck injury victims try to handle their claims on their own, but all too often, this results in confusion, frustration, and a loss of the compensation they really deserve. Do not try to handle your claim on your own. Instead, work with an experienced personal injury attorney to learn more about your rights and pursue the compensation you really deserve.
A Back and Neck Injury Lawyer in Shreveport Can Help You
Do you need a Shreveport back and neck injury lawyer after suffering an injury? Morris Bart can help. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.
Questions?Call (318) 553-5470
to find a Morris Bart office near you.