A Shreveport night driving accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm may be able to represent you and seek compensation on your behalf if you suffered injuries in a collision in Caddo Parish or Bossier Parish. It may be possible to obtain a payout through a liability insurance claim or a lawsuit if we can document your losses and prove that the other driver acted negligently.
To learn more, call us today. A member of our Shreveport legal team can review your night driving car accident case for free and explain your options for taking legal action.
Night Driving Increases the Risk of Road Accidents in Several Ways
When driving at night, it is important to be more aware of the potential hazards that could lead to an accident. The National Safety Council (NSC) lists some dangers that all drivers should be aware of when driving at night:
- Drivers are more likely to be drowsy or sleep-deprived at night.
- Drowsy drivers are more likely to fall asleep behind the wheel at night.
- Low visibility is much more common at night and affects us more as we age.
- High-beam lights only offer about 500 feet of visibility, with normal headlights providing only about half of that distance.
- There is an increased chance that intoxicated drivers are on the road.
These factors, especially when considered together, can significantly increase the risk motorists face on the road at night. For example, a drunk driver who has impaired vision and cannot see beyond about 250 feet may fail to recognize traffic ahead and react appropriately to avoid a collision.
For a free legal consultation with a Night Driving Accident lawyer serving Shreveport, call 800-537-8185
Proving Negligence in a Shreveport Night Driving Accident Case
As with other types of accident cases, to build a night driving collision case, you have to prove negligence. To build a case against the driver and hold them accountable, our team must identify evidence to prove four factors:
- The driver had a responsibility to follow all traffic rules and regulations.
- The driver violated a rule or regulation.
- This violation caused the collision and your injuries.
- You endured financial losses as well as physical injuries in the crash.
To learn if we can help you, reach out to the Morris Bart law office in Shreveport. Our team can evaluate your accident for free. Call us today to get started.
Shreveport Night Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
Building a Case Against the Negligent Driver Who Caused Your Shreveport Collision
If we represent you in your collision case, a Shreveport night driving accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm will do so based on contingency.We will provide the financial means to investigate your accident and take legal action, meaning you will not need to pay for anything upfront. You can count on our car accident team to take the following steps:
- Get the accident report and other official documents from law enforcement
- Interview accident witnesses
- Gather and analyze the case’s physical evidence
- Call in accident reconstruction specialists
- Obtain the relevant medical records and medical imaging
- Work with medical experts to understand your prognosis and ongoing needs
- Document any additional damages
- Put a fair settlement value on your claim
- Prepare and file an insurance claim or civil action
You will not pay any out-of-pocket costs throughout this process. Instead, we will only take our attorney fees from the settlement or award won in court. We can explain our fee structure to you during your initial consultation so that you understand how it will apply in your case.
Click to contact our Shreveport Car Accident Lawyers today
Pursuing Damages for Your Injuries and Losses After the Night Driving Collision in Shreveport
When we document your accident-related expenses and injuries, we will work to estimate a just settlement or award. We will use this estimated value to demand fair compensation in your case. The compensation we seek may cover the following damages:
- Current and future treatment and any related medical expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Reduced earning ability if you cannot return to your position
- Property damages, including your vehicle
- Loss of services you can no longer perform
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Other intangible losses
Some night driving collisions cause victims to suffer fatal injuries. If your spouse, child, or parent died because of their injuries, you may have a viable case for wrongful death damages. Our attorney can pursue compensation in a wrongful death case on your behalf if you qualify.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Statute of Limitations on Louisiana Traffic Accident Civil Suits
Under Louisiana law, we likely only have up to 12 months to pursue a personal injury lawsuit in your night driving accident case. Per La. Civ Code Art. 3492, you could lose the right to file a lawsuit if you miss this deadline.
We do not always need to file a lawsuit after a night driving collision, but it is important to keep the one-year deadline in mind. If we cannot reach an out-of-court settlement, this will help ensure that a lawsuit is still an option.
How to Prevent Night Driving Accidents When Driving in Shreveport, LA
Drivers and other road users can avoid having nighttime accidents by taking several safety precautions. Here are a few reminders:
- Watch your driving speed. Following posted speed limits and adjusting to road conditions can ensure the safety of everyone on the road. Driving so that you can slow down in time to avoid a collision is important at night as you may not be able to see other road users, signage, or objects as clearly as you can in the daytime.
- Check your vehicle’s lights and ensure you know how to use them. Before you head out on the road, you must ensure that you know how to turn on the vehicle’s headlamps and how to use the high- and low-beam lights. You can also test out its turning signals. Don’t forget to check the back of the vehicle to ensure its rear lights are working.
- Clean your windshield. At night, It can be harder to see the road and other things going on outside of the vehicle if the windshield is dirty or damaged. Streaks, smudges, and other things on the windshield can obscure your view. Keep your windshield clean and free of damage, along with the headlamps and side-view mirrors.
Get a Free Case Review from a Member of Our Shreveport Accident Team
A Shreveport night driving accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm can file your insurance claim or manage your personal injury suit if you qualify to hold the other driver accountable.
Contact the Morris Bart law office in Shreveport for a complimentary review of the facts of your case. Call us now to speak with a member of our team about your accident.
The Morris Bart law firm has 15 offices in the Gulf South, representing clients in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Arkansas.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.