If you suffered injuries because of another driver’s careless or reckless behavior on Gulfport’s roads at night, you may be able to hold that driver legally responsible for your damages. A Gulfport night driving accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm may be able to represent you in settlement negotiations or a personal injury lawsuit. We may be able to help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and more.
Call our Gulfport law office today at (228) 357-9621. A member of our team can review your case at no cost to you. If you qualify, our attorneys can represent you on a contingency-fee-basis with no advanced payment required.
Night Driving Accidents and Liability
Even though the roads may be less busy after dark, there are factors that can increase the chances of a car accident occurring at night:
- Visibility may be reduced
- Fatigued and drowsy drivers may be on the road and more likely to fall asleep behind the wheel
- Drunk or drugged drivers may be on the road after bars and nightclubs close
- A driver may forget to use their headlights
Mississippi law car accident victims to hold the liable driver accountable for their actions. This could be done by filing an insurance claim based on that driver’s auto liability policy, or by taking them to trial in a personal injury lawsuit.
While it may be possible to prove if the at-fault driver fell asleep or was drunk, it is not vital to your case that we do so. We may be able to recover compensation for you based on proof that they caused your accident with a traffic law violation, such as:
- A failure to yield
- An illegal lane change
- Running a red light or stop sign
If you believe another driver’s negligence caused your accident, let a representative of the Morris Bart law firm review your case for free today. Call us at (228) 357-9621 to get started.
For a free legal consultation with a Night Driving Accident lawyer serving Gulfport, call 800-537-8185
We May Be Able to Build a Case to Support Your Claim
A Gulfport night driving accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm will represent you at no out-of-pocket cost to you if you qualify to take legal action in your car accident case. We can take steps to build a case and seek compensation for your injuries. This may include:
- Identifying the potentially liable parties
- Gathering evidence such as the accident report, video and photos, and witness statements
- Working closely with accident reconstruction specialists and other experts to prove negligence and liability
- Obtaining and analyzing your relevant medical records and working with experts to understand your prognosis and needs
- Assigning a value to your damages based on your related expenses and losses
We may be able to demand a just payout from the insurance company and hold the at-fault driver who caused your accident responsible based on the strength of our case. The insurance company may agree to a fair settlement amount, and this will conclude your case.
However, if the insurance company is unwilling to make you a fair settlement offer, the Morris Bart law firm will take your case to trial and defend your rights before a judge.
Let Morris Bart, LTD Pursue Damages for You
The Morris Bart law firm can help you take the necessary steps to pursue compensation for your injuries when we represent you. We know how to put a fair settlement value on your case, and the evidence needed to support a strong claim.
The recoverable damages that could be available in a personal injury case may include:
- Emergency room treatment, ambulance fees, and the costs of your hospital stay
- Current and future treatment and care related to accident injuries
- Ongoing care and support as needed
- Current and future lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity for victims who do not return to work
- Property damages, including to your car
- Pain and suffering damages
- Other non-economic losses
The Deadlines in Your Case
It is imperative that you take action before the statute of limitations expires in your case. Under Mississippi Code § 15-1-49, accident victims generally have three years from the date of their accident to file a personal injury lawsuit in Mississippi. Some circumstances could alter this deadline.
If you fail to take legal actions before this time limit runs out, the judge may dismiss your case, and you may be unable to recover compensation via a lawsuit.
Talk to a Member of Our Night Driving Accident Team
The Morris Bart law firm understands the frustration and uncertainty that many car accident victims feel. Needing to fight for compensation on top of recovering from injuries can be overwhelming for anyone.
When a Gulfport night driving accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm represents you, our team will be available to give you answers, legal advice, and updates on your case. We hope this provides you with peace of mind and space from the legal proceedings to focus on your recovery and your family.
The Morris Bart law firm offers a free, no-obligation consultation to Gulfport car accident victims. Speak with a member of our team about your rights and your legal options by calling (228) 357-9621 today.
We may be able to represent you on a contingency-fee-basis with no advanced payment required. In this arrangement, our attorney fees come as a percentage of your settlement offer or court award, only if and when you win your case.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.