If you or a family member was hurt on someone else’s property, the Morris Bart law firm’s premises liability attorneys in Gulfport are here for you. We may be able to help you pursue and secure compensation based on the injuries and related damages you suffered.
Our team provides complimentary case reviews. We will assess your injury case for free and outline your options for you. We want to talk to you as soon as possible after your injuries stabilize to help you build a plan of action to pursue rightful compensation.
What Damages Are Part of a Premises Liability Financial Recovery in Gulfport?
The types of damages recoverable in a personal injury case in Gulfport depend on the expenses and losses the victim incurred. When we file an insurance claim or civil case against a property owner or occupier, we seek compensation based on the unique damages that our client suffered.
We identify these damages as a part of our investigation into the accident and the resulting injuries. Some common examples of recoverable damages include:
- Pain and suffering and other intangible losses
- Lost wages and diminished earning ability
- Miscellaneous related costs
- Medical treatment costs to date
- Future treatment and care costs, as experts have documented
If a family member died because of a landowner or lessee’s negligence, you may be able to secure wrongful death damages per Miss. Code Ann. § 11-7-13.
Our premises liability lawyers in Gulfport are familiar with these laws and may be able to help you seek losses that include:
- Your family’s financial costs, such as funeral and burial expenses
- Your current and future losses, including loss of future income
- Loss of services provided by the deceased
- Intangible damages you will experience because of your loved one’s death
For a free legal consultation with a Premises Liability lawyer serving Gulfport, call (228) 357-9621
What Is a Premises Liability Accident Case?
Premises liability is one area of personal injury law. These injuries occur when a landowner or lessee allows an unreasonable hazard to exist on their property, and the victim encounters it. Some types of premises liability accidents include:
- Slip and fall
- Trip and fall
- Fall from a height, such as from a deck or staircase
- Swimming pool incidents
- Trampoline injuries
- Fire or electrocution hazards
- Dog bites
- Inadequate maintenance of the premises
- Toxic exposures
- Poor lighting or security
Under Mississippi’s premises liability laws, the liable party in these cases is the party who was responsible for addressing the hazard. Most commonly, this includes:
- The property owner
- The property occupier, often a lessee
For example, imagine you fell at a restaurant, because the staff did not thoroughly clean a spill on the floor. The owner/operator of the restaurant would most likely be the liable party, not the owner of the property who rents them the building.
A premises liability accident can occur anywhere. From a friend’s house to your favorite restaurant, property owners have a duty to address unreasonable risks as soon as possible. Our premises liability attorneys in Gulfport may be able to help victims build a case for injuries that occurred in a:
- Private home
- Private property
- Grocery store
- Shopping mall
- Stadium or arena
- Public building
- Park, parking lot, or another outdoor area
Gulfport Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me (228) 357-9621
Am I Running Out of Time to Sue the Parties Responsible for My Injuries?
Mississippi has a statute of limitations, Miss. Code Ann. § 15-1-49, which gives most personal injury accident victims up to three years to begin the process of suing the party or parties responsible for their injuries. This deadline also applies to wrongful death actions.
This statute is not a hard and fast rule that applies universally to every case, though. Instead, numerous circumstances can create exceptions to the rule. These exceptions could mean you have more or less than three years to take legal action.
When our team assesses your Gulfport premises liability case, we can explain:
- The timeline for your case
- If there are additional deadlines you must meet
- How long you can wait to get started on your case
The sooner you reach out to our team, the better. Some cases have deadlines that occur in a matter of months.
Morris Bart, LTD Has Represented Injury Victims for More Than 40 Years
Our personal injury lawyers fight for justice for injury victims in Gulfport and throughout Mississippi. In premises liability cases, we seek a fair payout for our clients based on the expenses and losses they incurred and the injuries they suffered. Our service requires us to take steps that include:
- Investigating the incident
- Identifying the liable parties
- Confirming the insurance coverage available
- Gathering support for an insurance claim
- Managing all communications about the claim
- Negotiating with the insurer for a just settlement, when possible
- Preparing the case for court
- Drafting all legal documents
- Representing the client at trial, if needed
Our contingency fee firm includes 16 offices and serves all areas of four states:
With more than 40 years of representing injured clients, we know what it takes to secure an appropriate payout for them. We won 6,500 cases for our clients in 2019 alone. Recent results for injured parties we represented in Mississippi include:
- $580,000 for a Hattiesburg traffic accident victim who underwent cervical disc replacement surgery
- $490,000 for a Hattiesburg commercial vehicle collision victim who suffered neck and back injuries in the crash
The Morris Bart law office in Gulfport wants to learn more about your premises liability case. If you were hurt in an incident on someone else’s property in the Mississippi Gulf Coast region, a lawyer with our firm will review your case at no cost to you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Speak With the Morris Bart, LTD Team About Seeking Compensation
The Gulfport premises liability lawyers at the Morris Bart law office may be able to help you pursue justice and recover compensation based on your premises liability case. You may be eligible to recover compensation to pay for your medical care, cover your wage losses, and more.
Call our office now or fill out our online contact form to get started with your free consultation.
Questions?Call (228) 357-9621
to find a Morris Bart office near you.