If a rideshare driver hit you, or you were a passenger at the time an accident occurred, you may be able to recover your damages by filing a claim against the rideshare company’s liability policy. An Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorney in Gulfport can help you get compensation.
Determining liability, proving your claim, and negotiating a settlement can be notoriously difficult in rideshare accident cases. When you’re injured, the last thing you need is to worry about insurance adjusters. Let us handle the case while you recover.
Understanding Insurance Coverage in a Gulfport Rideshare Accident
If you were a rider in an Uber or Lyft at the time of an accident, the rideshare company should have at least $1 million in liability coverage that could go to cover your accident-related damages, losses, and pain and suffering.
If a rideshare driver hit your car while on the app, the primary insurance coverage may vary depending on which stage of a ride they were in at the time. This includes:
- The driver is looking for a rider: The driver’s policy is primary, but there is a contingency policy from the rideshare company in the event the driver’s policy denies the claim.
- The driver is matched with a rider: The rideshare company’s full liability policy is primary.
- The driver has a rider in the car: The rideshare company’s full liability policy is primary.
While the liability is not always clear when it comes to pursuing a lawsuit, if we cannot recover a just payout through rideshare insurance, Mississippi law gives you the right to file a personal injury lawsuit. A Gulfport Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer can help you take the next steps.
For a free legal consultation with a Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident lawyer serving Gulfport, call 800-537-8185
Morris Bart, LTD Knows How to Hold the Rideshare Companies Liable
While rideshare companies often deny that their drivers are employees, these companies are still required to provide insurance coverage when their drivers are working and cause an accident or a rider suffers injuries.
We know what it takes to recover fair compensation from a rideshare company. If we believe you have a case for a payout, a Gulfport Uber and Lyft accident lawyer may be able to take steps to help you do so. This assistance could include:
- Investigating your accident
- Gathering evidence to prove your claim
- Putting a fair value on your case
- Identifying the right insurance policy
- Filing a claim and negotiating a just payout
- Taking your case to trial if necessary
Gulfport Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
Recovering Compensation After a Gulfport Rideshare Accident
Like you, the rideshare companies have little desire to take a car accident case to court. This stance may allow us to negotiate a fair insurance settlement based. We will calculate a fair loss value for your case after identifying compensable damages. These may include:
- Current and future medical treatment for your accident injuries
- Current and future lost pay because of time away from work
- Diminished earning ability if you cannot work your job any longer
- Property damages, including your vehicle, if applicable
- Pain and suffering damages
- Emotional distress from the accident and your injuries
- Other non-economic damages
- Wrongful death damages for those whose family member died
Statute of Limitations in a Mississippi Rideshare Accident Claim
In the event that we cannot reach a fair settlement with the Uber or Lyft insurance carrier, we protect our client’s right to file a lawsuit. To do this, we manage all communication about the case with the involved parties, carefully work to mitigate any possible claims of contributory negligence, and ensure we meet the deadline outlined in Mississippi Code Ann. § 15-1-49.
In most cases, your car accident lawyer in Gulfport will have up to three years to file a lawsuit. However, we need to get to work investigating your accident. Reach out to us today to ensure we can go to work on your claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Talk to Our Gulfport Rideshare Accident Team Today
At the Morris Bart law firm, our Gulfport car accident team understands how insurance claims work following an incident involving an Uber or Lyft driver. We can get to the bottom of what happened and take the steps necessary to pursue compensation.
This process begins with a one-on-one consultation with a member of our Gulfport Uber and Lyft rideshare accident team. A staff member will evaluate your case and let you know if you’ve got a valid claim. We work on a contingency fee basis. If we don’t win, you don’t pay.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.