As part of the greater Memphis area, Southaven, MS, sees a lot of rideshare traffic. If you were injured in a crash that involved an Uber or Lyft, you should speak with an attorney.
Morris Bart, LLC is staffed by experienced Southaven Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyers, and we’re here to help you pursue justice. We know that a rideshare accident can happen at any time of the day or night. Our law firm answers phones 24/7, so call us today.
Who Needs a Southaven Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer?
If you were injured in an Uber or Lyft crash, you may qualify for a settlement. This money compensates you for the damages that you incurred because of the crash, such as medical expenses, damaged property, and emotional distress. You should speak with a rideshare accident lawyer if you:
- Sought medical treatment, no matter how minor your injuries initially appear
- Had to take time off of work for an accident-related medical appointment or to recover from the crash
- Had personal property damaged in the Uber or Lyft accident
- Your own motor vehicle or bicycle
- Equipment like work tools and electronic devices
- Any valuable or irreplaceable belongings stored in the trunk or your luggage, such as jewelry, musical instruments, or artwork
- Have difficulty taking care of yourself and your children, due to
- Your injuries and physical pain
- Emotional trauma or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
No amount of money can undo an accident or make your injuries go away. But compensation can provide you with financial stability and hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions.
For a free legal consultation with a Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident lawyer serving Southaven, call 800-537-8185
What Can a Southaven Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney Help Me?
You may wonder if you actually need a rideshare crash lawyer. Won’t the insurance company voluntarily give you a payout? Not necessarily. And if they do, the amount they offer is likely a fraction of what your injuries are worth.
Our Uber and Lyft accident attorneys can:
- Make sure you aren’t held responsible for the crash when the evidence shows that someone else is to blame
- Negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf
- Represent you in court, if your rideshare accident goes to trial
At Morris Bart LLC, our attorneys take over the legal aspect of your case. That allows you to focus on your recovery and well-being.
How Much does a Southaven Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney Cost?
We believe that a lack of funds or financial hardship should not stand in the way of pursuing justice. Our rideshare attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means that it costs you nothing to have us file your claim. We only collect our fees if we successfully win a settlement for you.
In addition, we offer all prospective clients a free, no-obligation consultation. We can tell you if we think you have a legal case, and then you decide if you want us to represent you.
Click to contact our Southaven Car Accident Lawyers today
Who Is Liable in a Rideshare Crash?
In a rideshare accident, the issue of responsibility is often hotly contested. Unlike drivers who work for traditional taxi or cab companies, Uber and Lyft drivers are not considered employees. Rideshare drivers are classified as independent contractors, which subjects them to different laws and regulations. It’s possible that the driver, the rideshare company, or both can be held responsible for your injuries and property damage.
You should not assume liability before you speak with one of our Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorneys in Southaven. Your perception of the Lyft or Uber crash and what occurred from a legal standpoint may be two different things. As an experienced Southaven rideshare accident law firm, we have the resources to conduct a full investigation if needed.
Factors that Can Affect Liability
Some factors that could affect liability in a Southaven Uber and Lyft accident include whether:
- The driver was logged into the app and officially working on the clock
- You were a passenger in the rideshare vehicle, an occupant of another vehicle, or a pedestrian
- The Uber or Lyft driver had the car insurance required by the rideshare company and the state of Mississippi
- The rideshare company did their due diligence in screening the driver
- Lyft driver requirements
- Uber driver requirements
- The driver took any required breaks, and if Uber or Lyft enforced those breaks
As a large personal injury law firm with a presence throughout the Gulf South, we’re not intimidated by Uber and Lyft or the attorneys that represent them.
How Much Is the Average Uber and Lyft Rideshare Settlement?
Many people want to know how much the average rideshare accident settlement is. From a practical standpoint, it would be difficult to calculate an average amount. Some lawsuits filed against Uber and Lyft settle outside of court and the amount is not necessarily made public.
Also, damages are highly individual. When a Uber and Lyft accident lawyer in Southaven calculates a fair settlement amount for you, they consider your:
- Lost wages, while you recover and if you are unable to return to work
- Diminished earning capacity, if you are disabled due to the accident
- Medical expenses, including doctor visits, therapy, medication, and counseling
Generally speaking, severe and life-altering injuries will result in a larger settlement. Once you accept a rideshare accident settlement, you typically forfeit your right to sue for more money in the future. The amount you receive is meant to reimburse you for all current and future accident-related damages.
Why Choose Morris Bart as Your Southaven Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer?
With offices throughout the Gulf South, we have the manpower and resources you need to file a lawsuit against rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft. And, our attorneys are familiar with the judges and court system in DeSoto County, MS.
You have a limited amount of time to file a rideshare accident lawsuit in Mississippi, so don’t wait. Hiring competent legal representation is as easy as “One Click or Call, That’s All.” Contact us online or give our office a call today.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.