While bicycling popularity has grown significantly, with more individuals hitting the roads on their bikes for exercise and commuting than ever, this mode of transportation has not been without its risks. In fact, studies continue to show that there has been a spike in the number of bicycle accidents in the last few years, with some research even indicating a 37% increase in bicycle accident deaths over the past ten years.
However, if you have been harmed in a Southaven bicycle accident because of another person’s wrongful or reckless actions, you should not have to deal with the devastating repercussions that result from these accidents on your own. Instead, you should reach out to a skilled Southaven accident attorney and find out how you can pursue the financial damages and justice you deserve.
Types of Compensation You Can Pursue Following a Southaven Bicycle Accident
If you have been injured in a Southaven bicycle accident due to another person’s negligent or intentional actions, you may be entitled to certain compensation. In Mississippi, this compensation often includes the following types of damages:
These damages refer to compensation for objectively verifiable monetary losses resulting from an accident. They include:
- Medical expenses related to doctor visits, surgeries, hospital stay, emergency services, and prescription medications
- Future medical expenses
- Loss of past and future earnings
- Loss of use of property
- Cost of repair or replacement of property
- The value of domestic replacement services
- Loss of business opportunities
These damages refer to compensation for the rather subjective losses that result from an accident. These losses are not easily quantifiable and tend to include the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Limb loss
As a result, to figure out what damages you can pursue following a Southaven bicycle accident, you should speak with a skilled Southaven bicycle accident attorney as soon as possible. These lawyers can not only help you figure out what legal steps you should take next to fight for maximum compensation, but they can also determine if punitive damages apply to your claim since these damages are only awarded in limited circumstances.
For a free legal consultation with a Bicycle Accident lawyer serving Southaven, call 800-537-8185
The Statute of Limitations Following a Southaven Bicycle Accident
To secure the money you need following a Southaven bicycle accident, you first need to determine if you have enough time to file your case. This time period is referred to as the statute of limitations, and it is a law that dictates how much time a person has to file a legal claim. If these individuals do not file their claim within that allotted period of time, they can be barred from pursuing compensation for their losses and injuries.
In Mississippi, you will only have three years following a Southaven bicycle accident to pursue legal action. As a result, it is best not to wait too long to speak with an experienced legal professional who can help you figure out the maximum amount of time you have to file your claim, as well as ensure that all of your legal motions and documents are properly prepared and filed with the court before time runs out.
How Much a Southaven Bicycle Accident Case Is Worth
Although an experienced lawyer can tell you what types of compensation you can pursue following your Southaven bicycle accident, these attorneys cannot tell you the exact amount of money you can recover following this devastating accident. In truth, there are just too many elements that can impact the value of your claim and the amount of money that you can obtain, including:
- The severity of your injuries
- Whether the injury is permanent
- The extent of your medical expenses
- Whether there is insurance available
- Whether you can work following the accident
- The extent of your lost wages
- The reliability of the witnesses and the evidence presented
- The defendant’s culpability
Yet, although a Southaven bicycle accident attorney cannot guarantee that you will receive compensation for your injuries and losses following this horrifying accident, you can rest assured that when you have these experienced lawyers on your team, they can fight hard for every last dollar you deserve and the care you need.
How a Southaven Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Get You the Legal Help You Need
To bring a successful legal claim following a Southaven bicycle accident, you need to not only have a solid understanding of the state’s laws and be able to produce relevant evidence documenting what happened and who was at fault for the incident, but you also need to provide solid legal arguments proving your claim. Fortunately, with an experienced Southaven bicycle accident attorney, you will not have to carry out these complicated legal tasks on your own.
Instead, once retained, these attorneys can:
- Evaluate your case, determine if you have a valid legal claim, and go over your legal options
- Investigate your bicycle accident and secure the evidence needed to show fault and damages
- Hold all those responsible for your bicycle accident accountable for the harm and losses you sustained
- Hire experts, such as financial specialists, doctors, engineers, and accident reconstructionists, to substantiate your claim
- Handle all the negotiations with the other side, including the insurance company, and pursue a fair settlement offer
- Proceed to trial if the other side does not want to offer you a fair settlement amount and work hard to get you the money you need
Reach Out to Morris Bart Today for a Free Case Consultation
Do not wait any longer to get the legal help you need if you or a loved one sustained serious injuries in a Southaven bicycle accident. Rather, reach out to Morris Bart today for a free case consultation and let our skilled legal team show you how we can help you fight for justice and the financial recovery you are entitled to.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.