According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), Mississippi has the second-highest percentage of uninsured drivers of any state in the country. Almost one in four drivers in Mississippi drives without adequate insurance—or any insurance at all.
This can complicate the process of recovering damages after a car accident. In at-fault states such as Mississippi, you must seek compensation for losses and injuries from the insurance of the party responsible for your accident. If you were involved in an accident with a driver who does not have insurance, you will need to pursue your damages another way, such as through a personal injury lawsuit.
For these and other car accident cases, a Gulfport uninsured motorist lawyer with the Morris Bart law firm may be able to assist you. Please contact our offices today at (228) 357-9621 for a free, no-obligation case evaluation and to learn more about your rights after an accident.
Factors in Motor Vehicle Accidents
From medical costs and lost income to property damage and higher insurance premiums, vehicle collisions have a significant financial impact on drivers across the country. These accidents can involve trucks, cars, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians alike. Other factors that may play a role in traffic collisions include:
- Speeding and aggressive driving behaviors.
- Intersection and stop sign/traffic lights.
- Road damage.
- Vehicle malfunctions.
- Distracted, drowsy, or drunk driving.
- Frontal, side-impact, and rear-end impacts.
For example, poor vehicle maintenance can lead to a tire blowout, brake failure, or a rear-end crash because of broken or malfunctioning tail lights. Poorly secured loads and poor driver training can lead to truck driving accidents. Dangerous road conditions, from potholes and road damage to uneven lanes and slick surfaces, can also contribute to collisions.
Most often, however, the biggest factors in vehicle accidents are driver inattention and distraction. Distracted driving takes the focus off of the road, making it more difficult for drivers to recognize and avoid potential hazards.
For a free legal consultation with a Uninsured Motorist Accident lawyer serving Gulfport, call 800-537-8185
Liability and Insurance Laws
Before you can seek compensation for any type of accident, you must first identify the party you believe is responsible for your injuries. Then, you can estimate and evaluate your losses. Once you complete these steps, you typically submit what is known as a demand letter to the at-fault party’s insurer.
The issue with uninsured motorist accidents is that you must rely on other avenues to secure your compensation. You may or may not have an uninsured motorist policy, and your basic vehicle accident liability plan may not cover damages or losses caused by an uninsured driver.
In scenarios like these, you may be left with only one option: to pursue compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. The losses and damages you can pursue in a personal injury lawsuit often include:
- Medical treatment costs, for surgery, therapy, medicine, and diagnostic testing.
- Property and vehicle damage costs.
- Lost income, or an inability to perform work you used to perform.
- Pain, anguish, and emotional suffering.
These losses can be substantial, especially when it comes to the cost of medical care. Injuries commonly seen in vehicle accidents include:
- Brain, head, neck, and back injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Internal body damage.
- Broken or fractured bones.
- Nerve, muscle, or connective tissue damage.
- Lacerations, disfigurement, scratches, and bruises.
- Lost body parts and amputations.
- Paralysis or death.
Gulfport Uninsured Motorist Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
How We Help
The aftermath of an accident can be a confusing time. You may not know what your rights are, or what important next steps you must take to manage your case in the best way. This can feel especially daunting in an uninsured motorist accident case, since there are limits to your options for seeking compensation.
This is where a Gulfport uninsured motorist lawyer may be able to assist you. Please call the Morris Bart law firm at (228) 357-9621 to tell us about your case. Depending on the specifics of your accident, we may be able to help you:
- Identify the party responsible for your accident.
- Identify the relevant insurance rules and accident laws that pertain to your case.
- Evaluate your losses and damages—both economic and non-economic.
- Put together a compensation claim on your behalf.
- Obtain the police report and other relevant evidence for your accident, such as dashcam footage, eyewitness statements, cell phone usage records, and driving history records for the parties involved.
- Obtain the testimony of experts, such as accident reconstruction experts and medical injury experts, to support your claim.
- Work with your insurance company to address all applicable insurance coverage limits and compensable damages in your claim.
Contact Morris Bart, LTD Today
A single accident can throw your life in disarray, and there is no reason you should have to suffer unnecessarily because of the negligent behavior of an uninsured driver. For assistance with your collision case, please call the Morris Bart law firm today at (228) 357-9621.
Our Gulfport uninsured motorist lawyer will review your case at no charge to determine whether you have grounds for a claim, or if there are other avenues open to you for seeking compensation.
Based on our initial assessment, we can walk you through everything you need to know about:
- The next steps we need to take
- The kinds of evidence we will seek to obtain
- The filing deadlines we will strive to meet
- What you can expect along the way.
Statutes of limitations apply to personal injury and vehicle accident claims, so please do not hesitate to reach out to our compassionate and understanding team today.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.