If an aggressive driver caused your traffic accident, you could recover monetary compensation for your related injuries and damages. A Shreveport road rage accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm can help. If we believe you have the right to take action, we can gather evidence for a personal injury case and hold the driver accountable on your behalf.
Find out if we can represent you during a case review from one of our team members. We offer complimentary reviews for all injured accident victims. You can speak with someone from the Morris Bart law office in Shreveport today by calling (318) 553-5470.
Road Rage Can Endanger Lives
Road rage generally stems from an initial incident that angers a driver, such as another driver’s minor mistake, traffic congestion or delays, slow speeds, or other concerns. Drivers may be more likely to cause a road rage accident when:
- They are running late.
- Traffic is heavier than usual.
- They have a general disregard for the safety of others.
- They do not believe traffic laws apply to them.
- They habitually drive in an aggressive manner.
When a driver is unable to control their anger behind the wheel, they may make threats against others in nearby vehicles, drive aggressively, or engage in other dangerous behaviors. According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), drivers who experience road rage may:
- Tailgate other drivers
- Change lanes improperly and without signaling
- Pass on the shoulder or median, or when it is not safe to do so
- Fail to yield right of way
- Fail to obey red lights, stop signs, and other traffic signals
- Speed or drive too fast for conditions
- Pulling in front of other drivers to cut them off
- Block other motorists when they attempt to pass
- Make threats
- Commit assault
Any of these actions can lead to an accident with one or more other drivers. If there is evidence that road rage played a role, the driver may be liable for the resulting damages.
For a free legal consultation with a Road Rage Accident lawyer serving Shreveport, call 800-537-8185
Proving Liability for a Road Rage Accident
If we accept your case, a Shreveport road rage accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm will go to work gathering evidence and showing that the driver acted in a reckless manner due to road rage. By proving they violated traffic laws and caused your accident injuries, we can hold them responsible for your related losses.
The steps we may need to take on your behalf as a part of this process will vary. In general, they may include the following:
- Obtaining the accident report from law enforcement and securing any related documents
- Obtaining and analyzing photographs and video from the scene, as well as the leading up to the collision
- Interviewing eyewitnesses of the incident
- Looking at physical evidence, including a survey of the scene
- Working with an accident reconstruction expert to better understand the accident
- Enlisting the help of medical experts to understand your injuries and prognosis
- Documenting your related expenses and losses
- Presenting our case and demanding a payout from the other driver’s insurer
- Building a case for trial, if necessary
To learn more about how we handle road rage accidents, contact the Morris Bart law office in Shreveport now by calling (318) 553-5470. We also have other offices across Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Arkansas to best serve our clients.
Shreveport Road Rage Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
Recoverable Damages in a Road Rage Case
Whether we can reach an out-of-court settlement or if we take your case to trial, the goal is to hold the driver accountable for their road rage. We do so by recovering compensation for the financial burdens you incurred because of the collision. While the recoverable damages may differ from case to case, some common examples include the following:
- Current and future treatment, care, and related medical expenses
- Current and future lost wages and other income
- Diminished earning capacity, if you cannot return to work
- Property damages
- Loss of services
- Pain and suffering damages
We also pursue wrongful death damages on behalf of clients who lost a loved one as a result of a road rage incident.
Deadlines for Taking Legal Action in a Shreveport Road Rage Case
If we need to take your Shreveport personal injury claim to trial to seek damages, Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492 generally only gives us up to one year to file the paperwork and begin the process. The court is likely to bar our attempts to take the case to court if we do not name the road rage driver as the defendant in your case before this deadline passes.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Speak with a Member of Our Team Now at No Cost to You
A Shreveport road rage accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm can help you develop a case against the motorist who caused your accident if you qualify to do so. We represent our clients on a contingency basis, meaning we provide the monetary resources used to collect evidence, build our argument, and pursue compensation.
If we represent you, we only request payment after we secure a payout in your case. When this occurs, we will take our fees from your settlement or award before forwarding the remainder to you. You do not have to worry about paying attorneys fees out of pocket.
To learn more about our services and your rights after a road rage accident, call the Morris Bart law firm today at (318) 553-5470. You can discuss your accident with our team now.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.