If you were the victim of a Birmingham road rage car accident and required medical care for your injuries, you may be able to seek compensation to pay your medical bills, cover any lost wages, and more. When a driver experiences road rage, they are more likely to drive aggressively and cause accidents and injuries. You can hold the other driver responsible for causing your injuries.
Our Birmingham road rage lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm can help you seek compensation. Our lawyers offer free case reviews and handle road rage accident cases on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no retainer and never owe us any attorney’s fees unless we recover a payout in your case.
Road Rage Poses a Serious Risk to Others
Road rage is a serious concern for motorists and their passengers. When a driver becomes angry behind the wheel, they may drive much more aggressively, taking chances and putting their passengers and the occupants of nearby vehicles at risk. Our Birmingham car accident attorney can help you recover compensation if you were hurt in this type of crash.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, some reasons why road rage has become such a problem in the United States include:
- Traffic delays and congestion
- Drivers who are running late
- Anonymity and detachment from the outside world
- Disregard for the safety of others
- Disregard and lack of respect for the law
- Habitual aggressive driving
Furthermore, according to the Insurance Information Institute (III), some of the reckless and negligent actions that cause aggressive driving accidents include:
- Following too closely
- Failing to maintain a lane, changing lanes frequently or improperly, lane splitting
- Passing by driving on the shoulder, the median, or other illegal areas
- Passing where prohibited
- Failing to yield right of way
- Failing to obey traffic signs, traffic lights, and other traffic control devices
- Failing to observe warnings
- Driving too fast for the conditions
- Driving excessively beyond the posted speed limit
- Changing speeds suddenly without reason
- “Blocking” other drivers from passing
- Otherwise driving in an erratic, reckless, or careless way
At the Morris Bart law firm, our Birmingham road rage lawyers understand the causes of road rage accidents. We help accident victims build a case against the aggressive driver who caused their accident and injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a Road Rage Accident lawyer serving Birmingham, call 800-537-8185
Let Our Birmingham Road Rage Lawyers Seek Compensation in Your Case
Alabama has fault-based car accident laws, meaning that you can hold the at-fault driver responsible if you can prove they caused the accident and you sustained injuries as a result. It is not necessary to prove they were experiencing road rage or driving aggressively, although it could help your case if these details were included in the accident report filed by police or reported by eyewitnesses.
Our attorneys can collect evidence to support your assertion that the other driver caused your accident, including the police report, eyewitness statements, video or photograph evidence, and more. We will build a compelling case and may be able to secure compensation on your behalf through:
- Negotiating a fair settlement with the insurance company without going to trial
- Taking your case to trial and presenting a strong argument to show negligence and liability on the part of the at-fault driver
We Can Help You Hold the Negligent Party Accountable
You can seek compensation for your accident once we prove that another party was responsible for causing it. We can prove liability by satisfying the four elements of negligence. These include:
- Duty of Care: The aggressive driver owed you a duty of care. This means they were responsible for driving in a way that kept you and other road users safe.
- Breach of Duty of Care: The at-fault driver failed to maintain their duty of care by displaying negligent driving behavior.
- Causation: The other driver’s negligence was the direct cause of the accident and your injuries that resulted from the accident.
- Damages: Because of the aggressive driver’s negligence, you suffered damages. We can prove that you suffered damages with medical bills and other invoices.
If you were hurt because of another driver’s negligence, you are not in your fight for justice alone. An attorney from the Morris Bart law firm will help you prove the other party was liable.
Birmingham Road Rage Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
Recoverable Damages in a Birmingham Road Rage Settlement
When we hold an aggressive driver liable for an accident, we seek damages on behalf of the client. In your case, we will document your related expenses and losses, including both economic and non-economic losses, such as physical pain and emotional suffering. We will present proof of your damages to the insurance company or in court as a part of our case against the at-fault driver.
The types of damages we may be able to secure in a road rage car accident case include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Current and future lost income and diminished earning capacity
- Repair or replacement of your damaged vehicle
- Other property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Other non-economic damages
- Wrongful death damages, if a beloved member of your family passed away in a Birmingham road rage accident
Understanding the Deadline for Filing a Road Rage Accident Lawsuit in Alabama
Per AL Code § 6-2-38, car accident victims generally only have two years from the date of their car accident to file a lawsuit in Alabama. If you miss this deadline, the court will likely prevent you from taking legal action in your case, no matter how much evidence you have against an aggressive road rage driver.
Because we do not want to ever see an accident victim lose the right to pursue justice and recover a payout in their case, we encourage you to call us as soon as possible after your accident. We can go to work on your case quickly after your initial consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Help From Our Birmingham Road Rage Lawyer
If an angry and aggressive driver caused your Birmingham road rage accident and your resulting injuries, you may be able to take legal action against the at-fault driver. You could file a claim or lawsuit to try to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and more.
At the Morris Bart law firm, our team operates more than 15 offices throughout the Gulf South. In addition to Birmingham and elsewhere in Alabama, we also have offices in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Arkansas.
You can reach out to the Morris Bart law firm today for a free consultation. Let us help you pursue the payout you deserve.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.