If you were the victim of a Birmingham road rage incident or car accident and required medical care for your injuries, you may be able to seek compensation to pay your medical bills, cover any lost wages, and more. When a driver experiences road rage, they are more likely to drive aggressively and cause accidents and injuries. Alabama law allows you to hold them accountable under certain circumstances.
Call the Morris Bart law firm today at (205) 380-4158. Our lawyers offer free case reviews and handle road rage accident cases on a contingency basis. You pay no retainer and never owe us any attorney’s fees unless we recover a payout in your case.
Road Rage Poses a Serious Risk to Others
Road rage is a serious concern for motorists and their passengers. When a driver becomes angry behind the wheel, they may drive much more aggressively, taking chances and putting their passengers and the occupants of nearby vehicles at risk.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, some reasons why road rage has become such a problem in the United States include:
- Traffic delays and congestion
- Drivers who are running late
- Anonymity and detachment from the outside world
- Disregard for the safety of others
- Disregard and lack of respect for the law
- Habitual aggressive driving
Furthermore, some of the reckless and negligent actions that cause aggressive driving accidents include:
- Following too closely
- Failing to maintain a lane, changing lanes frequently or improperly, lane splitting
- Passing by driving on the shoulder, the median, or other illegal areas
- Passing where prohibited
- Failing to yield right of way
- Failing to obey traffic signs, traffic lights, and other traffic control devices
- Failing to observe warnings
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Driving excessively beyond the posted speed limit
- Changing speeds suddenly without reason
- “Blocking” other drivers from passing
- Otherwise driving in an erratic, reckless, or careless way
At the Morris Bart law firm our Birmingham road rage lawyers understand the causes of road rage accidents and can help accident victims build a case against the aggressive driver who caused their accident and injuries. Call (205) 380-4158 to learn more about your options for seeking compensation, following injuries in a Birmingham or Jefferson County, Alabama, accident.
For a free legal consultation with a Road Rage Accident lawyer serving Birmingham, call 800-537-8185
Let Our Birmingham Road Rage Lawyers Seek Compensation in Your Case
Alabama has fault-based car accident laws, meaning that you can hold the at-fault driver responsible if you can prove they caused the accident and you sustained injuries as a result. It is not necessary to prove they were experiencing road rage or driving aggressively, although it could help your case if these details were included in the accident report filed by police or reported by eyewitnesses.
Our attorneys can collect evidence to support your assertion that the other driver caused your accident, including the police report, eyewitness statements, video or photograph evidence, and more. We will build a compelling case and may be able to secure compensation on your behalf through:
- Negotiating a fair settlement with the insurance company without going to trial
- Taking your case to trial and presenting a strong argument to show negligence and liability on the part of the at-fault driver
Call the Morris Bart law firm now at (205) 380-4158 for a free case review and initial consultation with a member of our Birmingham road rage legal team.
Birmingham Road Rage Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
Recoverable Damages in a Birmingham Road Rage Settlement
When we hold an aggressive driver liable for an accident, we seek damages on behalf of the client. In your case, we will document your related expenses and losses, including both economic and noneconomic losses, such as physical pain and emotional suffering. We will present proof of your damages to the insurance company or in court as a part of our case against the at-fault driver.
The types of damages we may be able to secure in a road rage car accident case include:
- Current and future medical treatment and other care related to the accident
- Current and future lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Repair or replacement of your damaged vehicle
- Other property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Other noneconomic damages
- Wrongful death damages, if a beloved member of your family passed away in a Birmingham road rage accident or incident
Understanding the Deadline for Filing a Road Rage Accident Lawsuit in Alabama
Per Alabama Code § 6-2-38, car accident victims, generally, only have two years from the date of your car accident to file a lawsuit in Alabama. If you miss this deadline, the court will likely prevent you from taking legal action in your case, no matter how much evidence you have against an aggressive road rage driver.
Because we do not want to ever see an accident victim lose the right to pursue justice and recover a payout in their case, we encourage you to call us as soon as possible after your accident. We can go to work on your case quickly after your initial consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Help from a Birmingham Road Rage Lawyer
If an angry and aggressive driver caused your Birmingham road rage accident and the resulting injuries, you may be able to take legal action against the at-fault driver. You may be able to file a claim or suit to try to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and more.
At the Morris Bart law firm our team operates more than 15 offices throughout the Gulf South. In addition to Birmingham and elsewhere in Alabama, we also have offices in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Arkansas.
You can reach a member of our road rage accident team today at (205) 380-4158 for a free review of the details of your case. Let us help you pursue the payout you deserve.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.