In many cases, head-on collisions occur due to an act of negligence. If you or a family member suffered injuries after a head-on collision and you believe the other driver was at fault, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries and losses.
According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), head-on collisions cause around 3,500 fatalities every year—making up around 10% of all fatal accidents around the United States. Countless others suffer injuries in these collisions each year, including many drivers throughout Louisiana.
Attorneys from the Morris Bart law firm are here to serve your legal needs and answer any questions you might have about your legal rights if you have been in a head-on collision. A Shreveport head-on collisions lawyer can help you seek the compensation to which you may be entitled.
To receive a free consultation and learn more about the services we provide, contact a member of our team today at (318) 202-6476.
Causes of Head-On Collisions that May Result in Legal Action
In most cases, the factors that lead to head-on collisions are avoidable. While some accidents are the result of environmental factors such as inclement weather and damaged roadways, many crashes occur when drivers act negligently or recklessly.
Common negligent actions that can cause head-on collisions include:
- Distracted driving, which may prevent the driver from noticing a wrong-way sign or a hazard in the road.
- Speeding, which may cause the driver to lose control and veer into another lane.
- Driving under the influence of illegal drugs, alcohol, or over-the-counter medications, which can lead to a lack of coordination and slow reaction times.
- Driving while fatigued and falling asleep at the wheel.
By investigating the circumstances surrounding your accident, evidence may prove who was at fault for your injuries. This will help you to make a case for compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a Head-On Collisions lawyer serving Shreveport, call 800-537-8185
Recoverable Damages for Head-On Collision Victims
Head-on collisions are one of the most dangerous types of accidents. In addition to causing serious damage to vehicles, they tend to result in traumatic and often fatal injuries. When these accidents occur, the victims or their surviving family members are eligible to recover damages related to the injuries and losses suffered.
Under Louisiana state law, there are multiple types of compensation available in a personal injury case, such as for:
- Lost wages due to an inability to work, or a diminished earning capacity.
- Loss of consortium related to a loss of companionship with loved ones.
- Mental anguish, including a damaged outlook for the future.
- Expenses related to medical treatment.
- The repair or replacement of damaged property.
- Accommodations for long-term disabilities.
In order to seek compensation, you will need to provide evidence. An attorney can help you identify and gather the evidence necessary to support your claim.
Shreveport Head-On Collisions Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
Services We Provide to Accident Victims at Morris Bart, LLC
If you retain a Shreveport head-on collisions lawyer at the Morris Bart law office, we will review your case and inform you of your legal options before moving forward. Over the years, we have learned that each case brings different circumstances and challenges.
As such, our attorneys aim to provide legal services that address your specific needs. Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Representing your affairs during settlement negotiations.
- Offering legal counsel and keeping you updated on the progress of your claim.
- Working to assign value to your damages.
- Investigating your accident, gathering evidence, and attempting to prove liability.
- Dealing with insurance companies and other parties involved in your claim, including filing paperwork, presenting evidence, and handling communications.
- Bringing your case to civil court and providing litigation services of an out-of-court settlement can’t be reached.
To better understand the challenges you may be facing, a team member at the Morris Bart law firm can provide you with a complimentary review of your case. To get started with your free consultation, contact a representative today at (318) 202-6476.
Assigning a Value to Your Pain and Suffering
The value of your case will depend on both your economic and non-economic damages. Methods we may use to calculate your potential compensation include:
- Obtaining employment records and testimony from industry professionals to estimate the cost of your lost wages and diminished income potential.
- Documenting victim impact statements.
- Having third-party experts examine your accident and injuries, providing a frame of reference for your non-economic damages.
- Gathering proof of your related medical expenses and out-of-pocket costs.
In order to accurately represent your intangible losses, such as loss of companionship, your attorney may apply a multiplier to your economic losses. According to the extent of your hardships, your economic losses may be modified to arrive at your total estimated settlement amount.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Head-On Collisions Lawyers Fighting for Victims in Shreveport
At the Morris Bart law firm, we provide legal services to victims of negligence, including those who suffer injuries in head-on collisions. When you retain a Shreveport head-on collisions lawyer at our firm, you can rest assured that we will work to help you find justice.
You should note that there is a one-year statute of limitations on personal injury and wrongful death suits in Louisiana, according to Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492. This time limit begins on the day your injuries occur and it expires one year later. If you fail to take legal action in that time period, you may be unable to recover compensation.
To get started with your free consultation, contact a representative at the Morris Bart law firm today at (318) 202-6476.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.