A Bay St. Louis personal injury lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm might be able to help you if another party caused you to suffer injuries. Mississippi’s negligence laws allow you to build a case against a person or entity if their carelessness or other negligent behavior caused you to suffer injuries and losses.
Our team will review your case to determine how we may be able to help. Contact the Morris Bart law office in Gulfport to speak with someone about your Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi incident and injuries. Call (228) 357-9621 today to take the first step toward a possible resolution in your case.
Proving Negligence Led to Your Personal Injury
Personal injuries, by definition, occur because someone else acted negligently. When determining if negligence occurred, there are four factors that must be present to hold someone else responsible for your accident injuries and other damages. These four factors include:
- There were laws, rules, or reasonable and expected actions for them to follow.
- They did not follow these rules or standards, acting carelessly or recklessly.
- There was an accident that occurred because of their behavior, and this caused your injuries.
- You sustained damages due to their actions or inaction, which can include not only physical and emotional damages but also financial losses and expenses.
Negligence can cause injuries in almost any type of scenario. Some of the more common ways include:
- Traffic accidents, including passenger cars, trucks, motorcycles, and more
- Pedestrian and cyclist versus car accidents
- Fall injuries
- Pool accidents, drownings, and other water incidents
- Recreational injuries, including boating and sports injuries
- Construction accidents and other workplace injuries
- Offshore injuries and Jones Act accidents
- Medical or pharmaceutical malpractice based on mistakes made by a medical professional
At the Morris Bart law office in Gulfport, we can use our knowledge of the Mississippi Civil Code to develop a strong case for our clients and seek compensation based on the evidence we gather to prove negligence, assign liability, and determine the value of the case. You can learn more about how we may be able to help you by calling the Morris Bart law firm now.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Bay St. Louis, call 800-537-8185
Why Hire a Lawyer?
A Bay St. Louis personal injury lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm will represent our client from the first day we decide to work together until the conclusion of their case. They can count on our team to:
- Defend and protect their right to take legal action
- Develop a strong case
- Fight for fair and just compensation
- Represent their best interests to the insurance company, liable party, and judge and jury, if necessary
Our client’s needs come first to our team, and we are available to answer their questions or update their case as needed. In many cases, we can negotiate a settlement that fairly compensates them for their economic and non-economic losses by presenting strong evidence and using proven techniques to reach an agreement with the insurer. When going to trial becomes necessary, we are available to ensure our client understands what will happen when they need to appear and what to expect.
Bay St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
Recovering Compensation for Your Bay St. Louis Personal Injuries
When you suffer injuries through no fault of your own, you should not have to pay for the related expenses. Your medical treatment costs and losses related to time away from work should not add more stress to your daily life. Our team may be able to pursue a claim against the liable party and recover these economic damages on your behalf.
Under the state’s negligence laws, you may also be eligible to recover other, non-economic damages. These are the intangible losses you suffered that do not have an exact financial value. We will need to assign one so that we know what a fair payout will look like.
We know how to do this in accordance with common practices in personal injury cases in the state. You may be able to recover money for your physical pain, mental suffering and stress, and more.
When a personal injury incident leads to a victim’s death, wrongful death damages may be available under Mississippi Code Annotated §11-7-13. Immediate family members could qualify to recover wrongful death losses after a Bay Saint Louis accident. Our team may be able to help.
Statute of Limitations
It is important to know that there are deadlines for filing a lawsuit in a personal injury case in Bay St. Louis if that becomes necessary. We must meet the time limits set by Mississippi Code Annotated §15-1-49 if we need to take your case to trial.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Talk to the Team from Morris Bart, LTD About Your Case
The best option is to let the Morris Bart law firm go to work on your case as soon as we can. Call us today at (228) 357-9621 for your initial consultation, and we will assess your legal options for compensation for free.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.