Although teen drivers are at an increased risk for accidents for numerous reasons, including their inexperience behind the wheel, they can still be accident victims. If you are a parent whose teen suffered injuries while riding on their own or with a friend, or if you are a teenage driver who was driving and injured in a car accident, an auto accident lawyer may be able to help you file a claim and secure compensation.
A Lafayette teen driving accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm understands the complexities of this type of case and can handle all communications, deadlines, and paperwork when we represent you.
A representative of the Morris Bart law firm can evaluate your case today. Call now to schedule a free consultation with a member of our team. We may be able to work for you on a contingency-fee-basis with no up-front payment required.
Morris Bart, LLC Can Pursue Compensation If Your Case Has Merit
If your teen has suffered injuries while driving in a traffic accident, our Lafayette teen driving accident lawyers from the Morris Bart law firm may be able to assist your family in pursuing compensation.It could cover a wide variety of damages and losses in financial recovery. We believe that you should not have to pay out of your pocket for medical bills and other expenses that occurred as a result of an accident your teen did not cause.
No matter if we reach an out-of-court settlement with the teen driver’s insurance company or need to take your case to trial, we can seek compensation based on the damages your family endured, such as:
- Current and future medical care and treatment-related expenses
- Current and future lost income and reduced earning ability
- Property damages for personal property
- Pain and suffering losses and non-economic damages
- Wrongful death losses if you lost a family member in the accident
For a free legal consultation with a Teen Driving Accident lawyer serving Lafayette, call 800-537-8185
How Our Lafayette Teen Driving Accident Attorneys Can Help
If you’re dealing with the aftermath of a collision, your family might be suffering the emotional and financial consequences along with your teenager. If you feel like taking on the legal process on your own would be too much stress – we are here to help. Not only can we offer our resources, experience, and time to invest in your case, but we will give you the room you need to recover and care for your loved one.
Here are some of the services we offer our personal injury clients:
- Collecting evidence. We can gather evidence at the scene of the collision, police reports, and even private information like phone records that may implicate the at-fault driver.
- Building your case. Based o n the evidence we collect and the evidence of your losses, we will construct a compelling case to present to the insurer, judge, or jury. We will use this evidence to demonstrate the responsible party’s negligence.
- Communicating with the at-fault party. We will handle all dealings with the responsible driver, their attorneys, and their insurance company. This means we will negotiate your compensation, so you will not accept lowball offers.
- Representing you in court. If we are unable to reach an appropriate settlement, or if your lawyer deems it necessary, we won’t hesitate to pursue your recovery in court. If it comes to litigation, our team will ensure that you are prepared and defend your rights in court.
We will handle the legal process from the beginning to the end of your case. From filing paperwork, providing case updates, and managing legal requirements of a car accident case–we can handle it all.
Filing Deadlines for Personal Injury Lawsuits in Louisiana
Occasionally, a personal injury lawsuit may need to go before a judge and jury to get a fair payout. Under La. Civ. Code Art. 3492, Louisiana law generally offers accident victims one year to file a personal injury lawsuit. However, there could be circumstances in your case that alter your deadlines.
It is important to act before the statute of limitations expires. If the responsible party’s insurance company refuses to make you a fair settlement offer, the Morris Bart law firm can take your case to trial, so long as your right to sue is still protected under La. Civ. Code Art. 3492.
Causes of Teen Driving Accidents in Louisiana
Teen drivers not only lack experience but may also lack maturity and good decision-making skills on the road. Louisiana has a Graduated Drivers Licensing (GLD) program designed to reduce the risk of accidents and help teens learn to drive more responsibly.
Teen driving accidents can also occur because of risk-taking behaviors, according to the Louisiana Highway Safety Commission. This may include:
- Underage drinking and driving
- Distracted driving, either with technology or because of friends in the car
- Speeding and reckless or aggressive driving
- Not wearing a seatbelt
These behaviors may be more likely when the teen does not have an adult in the vehicle or when they have one or more friends with them. For this reason, the GDL program is important since it includes supervised driving requirements and passenger restrictions for teens learning to drive.
If your teen suffered injuries while riding in a vehicle with their peers or was a victim of another type of accident in Lafayette, reach out to the Morris Bart law firm today. A representative of our firm can review their accident case for free.
Defending the Rights of Teen Drivers
The Morris Bart law firm understands that many teens are safe and responsible drivers. If your teenage driver was involved in an accident caused by another driver, the responsible party may try to defend themself by blaming the accident on your teen’s lack of experience.
We can defend your child against such accusations when the other driver was at fault. Our investigation into your case will produce evidence of the responsible party’s liability. This may include evidence such as:
- CCTV, security, traffic camera, or dashcam footage of the accident
- Photos, videos, or a police report from the aftermath of the crash
- Witness statements
- Evidence from the damaged vehicle
- Medical records
- Testimony from accident reconstruction experts
We will use the evidence we gather to defend your teenager’s rights to compensation for their injuries, emotional trauma, and other losses.
Talk to a Member of the Morris Bart, LLC Team About Your Case
A Lafayette teen driving accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm may be able to help you secure a payout that covers your family’s expenses and losses stemming from the accident. We can answer your questions, provide legal advice, and keep you updated on the progress of your case throughout our work together so that you can focus on your child’s recovery.
To find out more about how the Morris Bart law firm may be able to help you, call us for a free consultation with a member of our team. We speak with you about your teen’s injuries, your family’s financial losses, and your legal options.
The Morris Bart law firm takes teen driving accident cases in Lafayette on a contingency-fee-basis, where we do not collect attorney fees unless and until our car accident lawyer recovers compensation for your family.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.