The period after a nasty accident that leaves you with a back and neck injury can be devastating. Not only will you be disoriented, but you’ll also be in a poor health state that limits you from handling your daily activities. If someone’s irresponsibility or negligence caused the incident, the victim would be entitled to fair compensation. But the entire claims process isn’t as easy without the guidance of an experienced attorney.
If you or a loved one hurt their neck or back in such circumstances, the best decision would be to reach out to a reliable attorney. Only a few personal injury attorneys in Lafayette can match the reputation and experience of a Lafayette back and neck injury lawyer at Morris Bart. Therefore, don’t hesitate to speak with him for the best case outcome fast.
How Are Back and Neck Injury Claims Treated in Lafayette?
When someone suffers an accident that leaves them with back and neck injuries due to another person’s negligence, they’re entitled to fair compensation. Fortunately, U.S. laws allow injured persons a right to their defense if they can prove that someone’s irresponsibility caused the injury. But each state follows its determined law.
In Lafayette, Louisiana, personal injury law has special provisions and standards for potential lawsuits. Being a “fault” state, injured victims can file an insurance claim or lawsuit based on their liability.
However, it also entails pure comparative negligence, an important rule that you should familiarize yourself with when filing a personal injury claim. In essence, the law assigns a fair share of fault according to the damage. Your potential lawsuit’s strength doesn’t diminish, but the compensation amount you’ll receive may reduce based on the determined personal responsibility.
For a free legal consultation with a Back and Neck Injury lawyer serving Lafayette, call (337) 446-4571
The Deadline for Filing Your Injury Claim in Lafayette
The timeframe within which you should file a personal injury lawsuit in Lafayette is defined by Louisiana’s statute of limitations, as described in La. Civ. Code art.3492. According to the law, these claims must be filed within a year.
This deadline covers personal injury cases determined by the negligence liability principal (for accidental events like slip-and-falls and car accidents) and intentional tort, like assault lawsuits.
The clock begins ticking on the specific date of the underlying incident or accident.
Lafayette Back and Neck Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 446-4571
How do I Know If I Have a Personal Injury Case?
You’ve had an unfortunate accident that left you with visible back and neck injuries. But for your injury claim to be viable, there must be evidence of actual negligence. Your attorney must establish these crucial elements of negligence to improve your chances of recovering compensation:
- There was a duty of care – This is a legal obligation to deploy reasonable safety precautions in a property for everyone with a legal right to be on the property.
- They breached the duty of care – There must be evidence indicating that the party responsible for the duty of care didn’t fulfill it.
- The breach directly caused the injury – There should be a direct, causal link between the responsible party’s actions and your neck or back injury.
- The injury led to damages – You must prove how the sustained injuries affected you emotionally, physically, or financially.
These personal injury claim elements may seem straightforward, but it can be challenging to prove them without the right legal experience. Fortunately, establishing a solid personal injury case in such circumstances can be easy if you partner with a reliable Lafayette back and neck injury lawyer.
A Reliable Back and Neck Injury Attorney in Lafayette Can Help Your Case
Even if your injuries are quite visible and the facts of your case so straightforward, filing a claim yourself isn’t advisable, and you may end up with an unfavorable case resolution. A reliable back and neck injury lawyer will be helpful in the following ways:
- Case evaluation – An attorney will not only determine whether your case has the main elements, but they’ll also work with you to build a strong case.
- Access to medical assistance – When you have an excellent lawyer by your side, you can always be sure of excellent medical attention to enable faster healing. As you recover, the back and neck injury lawyer will be busy handling your claim and noting all the expenses.
- Legal guidance – Even if your case is strong, there are numerous legal procedures that you may be unaware of. Fortunately, an experienced attorney will guide you through it all, helping you avoid simple mistakes that would cost you fair compensation.
- Clarifying your privileges – A back and neck injury lawyer will define your rights and privileges and work every day to protect them.
- Get fair compensation faster – If you’re not working with an attorney, you’ll be forced to wait until you’ve adequately recuperated before you go back to seek remuneration – and it will take significantly longer to be compensated. A back and neck injury lawyer in Lafayette will use their experience to create a solid case, negotiate a settlement, and facilitate faster compensation.
- Help with negotiations – After an accident, insurance providers will likely send you low-ball offers, and the at-fault party will do their best to shift responsibility. A qualified attorney will negotiate a fair settlement with insurance providers and adjusters.
- Professionalism and objectivity – Back and neck injuries cause a great deal of agony and disruption. But a reliable personal injury attorney will document the claim on your behalf and invest their experience in your case to get the deserved settlement.
- Peace of mind – One of the key elements of recovery is peace of mind, but you can’t achieve this if you’re always preoccupied with fighting to be fairly compensated. A back and neck injury attorney in Lafayette will address every element of your case, leaving you with a genuine feeling of calm knowing someone is on your side.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Lafayette Back and Neck Injury Attorney Today
If you’re looking for a reputable back and neck injury attorney, then you’re in the right spot. The attorneys at Morris Bart will not only define and secure your rights, but they will also work to ensure you’re fairly reimbursed and can cater for the damages and injuries you experienced. Contact the reputable firm to schedule a free case evaluation today.
Questions?Call (337) 446-4571
to find a Morris Bart office near you.