Over the last decade, mopeds have risen in popularity as an efficient means of transportation in Montgomery, AL. Since mopeds as a mode of transport are a relatively new development on main streets and roads, traffic dynamics are also becoming more complex.
Fortunately, you can always consult a moped accident lawyer in Montgomery to handle the case on your behalf. Having worked on many different and unique moped accident lawsuits in Montgomery, we will do all the necessary investigations to determine the at-fault party and get the maximum settlement for your case.
What Causes Moped Accidents?
In cases where another party’s recklessness or negligence leads to your moped accident, they are liable for your damages. These accidents may be as a result of the following:
Driving While Impaired
The law prohibits drivers from operating motor vehicles while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. With such drivers on the road, there is a high likelihood of causing a moped accident because they aren’t fully alert to all the activities on the road. Keeping in mind that most moped modes of transport are silent, impaired drivers can easily cause a crash.
Sadly, distracted driving has been on the rise in recent years. Many drivers spend time messaging through their smartphones or radio, which can be a tremendous danger to other road users. When a driver isn’t devoting their full attention to driving, they can easily hit a moped leading to a severe accident.
Traffic Law Violation
If a driver violates traffic laws and their actions lead to an accident, they may be liable for the resulting damages. Some of the traffic violations can include:
- Running a stop sign or red light
- Changing lanes without confirming whether the space they want to enter is clear
- Failure to yield
- Not using a turn signal
If you are a victim of a moped accident where another motorist’s recklessness led to the accident, you can recover compensation. All you need is to seek help from an experienced moped accident attorney in Montgomery regarding your legal rights.
For a free legal consultation with a Moped Accident lawyer serving Montgomery, call 800-537-8185
Liability and Damages in a Moped Accident
In some cases, the law enforcement officer might assume that a moped rider is responsible for an accident, especially if they are a young adult. Even after looking into evidence and the circumstances that led to the accident, a traffic accident report may still indicate that you were responsible for the accident. You will need to work with a zealous and experienced Montgomery moped accident lawyer to investigate your case and find proper evidence that supports your version.
Still, insurance adjusters will try to reduce the nature of your injuries. They will also try to challenge your assertion that your injuries weren’t due to the moped accident, especially if you have a preexisting health condition or didn’t seek medical attention immediately. To avoid such inconveniences with insurance companies, you’ll need a moped accident attorney in Montgomery to help you obtain the necessary proof and get the compensation you deserve.
Types of Damages You Can Include in Your Claim
Depending on the nature of your injuries and the accident, the damages can include:
- Lost income or wages: Moped modes of transport may be small and somewhat simple, but some accidents are severe and could keep you out of work for a considerable time. In case you can no longer go back to your usual profession or workplace, you can pursue compensation for your lost income.
- Medical costs: Depending on the accident’s severity, a doctor can recommend prescription drugs, therapy, hospital stays for extended periods, and more. You can recover compensation for all the medical-related costs and other future medical care costs related to the accident.
- Reduced earning capacity: Some moped accidents may leave you permanently unable to perform the same duties at your workplace, work the same number of hours, or advance your career. You can seek a monetary reward to make up for the reduced earning potential.
- Pain and suffering: Additional suffering caused by a moped accident is also part of your compensation. Our legal experts will help you determine the correct calculations for your pain and suffering.
Is It Worth Hiring a Moped Accident Lawyer?
If you’ve got into an accident with your moped, make sure you seek help from a moped accident lawyer. Note that most moped accidents may be more complicated than you think, making it harder for you to successfully maneuver through the entire case.
Gathering evidence is one of the most difficult parts because you’ll have to gather compelling evidence to prove that the at-fault party was negligent. A personal accident lawyer will gather all relevant evidence, including witness statements, accident reports, traffic camera footage, and more. This will help build a strong case against the negligent party.
Our Legal Team Will Guarantee You the Best Legal Representation in Montgomery
If you, a friend, or a loved one was a victim of a moped accident, let Morris Bart help you protect your legal rights. You can leave us to handle all the negotiations with the responsible party and the insurers so that we can get you the right monetary award for your case. Go ahead and give us a call to discuss your situation and how we will assist you.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.