If you were the victim of a Montgomery, Alabama, tractor-trailer truck accident, or hit by the driver of another type of commercial vehicle, you may be able to file an insurance claim or lawsuit to recover compensation. A truck accident attorney from the Morris Bart law firm may be able to help you identify the liable party, collect evidence to support your case, and negotiate a settlement or take your case to trial.
A member of our truck accident team from the Morris Bart law firm can review your case for free today. We can help you understand your rights, options, and next steps. Call (334) 523-0664 now to get started.
Montgomery Serves as a Busy Hub for Two Major Interstates
Montgomery, Alabama, has two major interstates and several U.S. and state highways, all of which support heavy commercial traffic. This includes:
I-65 runs north to Birmingham, Huntsville, Nashville, and Indianapolis. To the south, it connects Montgomery to Mobile.
I-85 ends in Montgomery. It runs from east to west in Montgomery, but it is primarily a north-south freeway that connects to Atlanta and points beyond.
Other Major Roads
The significant surface streets in Montgomery include:
- U.S. Highway 31
- U.S. Highway 80
- U.S. Highway 82
- U.S. Highway 231
- State Route 152
These roadways allow freight to move in and out of Montgomery, as well as through the city on its way to other destinations. However, they also see plenty of commercial vehicle accidents. Commercial vehicles include:
- Tractor-trailer trucks
- Dump trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Delivery trucks
- Box trucks
- Light trucks
- Landscaping trucks
- Work vans
Truck accidents and other commercial vehicle accidents often lead to complicated legal cases for several reasons:
- Commercial vehicles are very often much larger and heavier than the passenger vehicles they hit.
- The injuries are often serious.
- There are strict laws governing the operation of tractor-trailers and delivery trucks.
- Vicarious liability laws make identifying the liable party more complex.
- The liable party often holds key evidence for proving negligence and fault.
At the Morris Bart law firm, our Montgomery truck accident lawyers know how to overcome each of these obstacles and build a compelling case for our clients. Let a member of our team evaluate your case and discuss your legal options today. Call (334) 523-0664 to learn more.
For a free legal consultation with a Truck Accident lawyer serving Montgomery, call 800-537-8185
Building a Case Against the Trucking Company or Another Liable Party After a Montgomery Truck Accident
In commercial vehicle accident cases, the driver’s employer is generally vicariously liable under the legal doctrine of respondeat superior. This means our lawyers pursue cases against the truck company or another corporation on behalf of our clients. If you were the victim of a truck accident in Montgomery, a member of our team will review your case for free.
If we decide to work together on your case, you can trust our team to represent your best interests. We will represent you to the insurance company, the liable party or parties, and possibly the court if we need to go to trial.
We will go to work quickly, taking steps to build a case and document your damages. These steps may include:
- Sending a spoliation letter to protect the evidence held by the trucking company
- Obtaining copies of the traffic report and other documents from police
- Interviewing eyewitnesses to the accident
- Obtaining and analyzing any video of the accident from nearby businesses, traffic cameras, or dashcams
- Identifying and gathering physical evidence
- Hiring accident reconstruction experts
- Calling in other experts to help prove your case
- Requesting all relevant medical records
- Collecting documents to prove your accident-related expenses and losses
When we have evidence to support your claim, we will take action. Generally, we file an insurance claim and attempt to negotiate a fair settlement with the insurer and trucking company. If this is not successful, we will take your case to trial.
Call the Morris Bart law firm today at (334) 523-0664. A member of our team can review your case for free.
Montgomery Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
Call Our Montgomery Truck Accident Team Before Time Runs Out
Sec. 6-2-38 of the Alabama Code sets the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits at two years. This means truck accident victims generally only have 24 months to understand the range of their losses, build a compelling case, try to reach a just settlement, and file a lawsuit if necessary. If you do not take legal action in your case before time runs out, Alabama law will likely prevent you from going to court and pursuing damages.
At the Morris Bart law firm, we recommend that accident victims reach out to us as soon as possible after their injuries stabilize. Our truck accident team can review the facts of your Montgomery accident case for free.
Recoverable Damages in a Montgomery Truck Accident Case
If a Montgomery truck accident attorney from the Morris Bart law firm is able to reach a settlement agreement or recover a court award in your case, the compensation you receive will include damages such as:
- Current and future medical care related to your accident injuries
- Ongoing care costs as needed because of the accident
- Current and future lost wages and potentially diminished earning capacity when applicable
- Repair or replacement costs related to your vehicle damage
- Property damages in addition to your vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Other noneconomic damages
- Wrongful death damages for family members of victims who passed away as a result of their accident injuries
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Speak to a Member of Our Montgomery Truck Accident Team About Your Case
The Morris Bart law firm represents truck accident victims in Montgomery, greater Montgomery County, Alabama, and across the Gulf South. This includes offices in Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi. If you were the victim of a truck accident and want to learn more about your right to pursue compensation, contact our team.
You can reach the Morris Bart law firm by calling (334) 523-0664 today.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.