You shouldn’t have to suffer if another driver caused your car accident in Montgomery, Alabama. We understand you and your loved ones are likely physically and financially in pain because of the crash. By hiring a car accident lawyer in Montgomery, you can pursue compensation to cover your damages and losses.
Our clients pay our Montgomery personal injury lawyers nothing up front, and we collect attorney’s fees only if we recover compensation. If you’ve been hurt in a wreck, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by reaching out to Morris Bart & Associates, LLC, to learn more about your options.
We Work Hard to Help Our Montgomery Clients Recover from Auto Accidents
The Morris Bart law firm has more than 100 attorneys and 150 legal professionals working on injury cases across Alabama and several other Gulf South states. We are here to help the injured recover compensation for unexpected, life-changing losses.
Our founding attorney, Morris Bart, is a New Orleans native who has practiced law for over 40 years. Our injury firm has won over 5,600-plus cases since 2022, showing our commitment to helping as many people as possible.
Although case results vary, we have recovered multimillion-dollar settlements for injured car accident clients pursuing fair compensation after a crash. They include:
- $852,845 for an injured client who suffered neck and back pain in a car accident
- $580,000 for a client who needed a cervical disc replacement after a collision
- $475,000 for a car accident victim who suffered neck, back, and shoulder herniations
Here are a few testimonials our clients have shared with us:
- “My attorney did a great job and I couldn’t have had a better experience.” –Ansley M.
- “I really appreciate the service and the way you treat your clients. I love the service. I would recommend Morris Bart to anyone!” –David O.
- “Thank y’all for doing a good job. I appreciate everything Morris Bart’s office did for me.” –Adrian S.
We Can Represent You Without Upfront Costs or Fees
Our car accident lawyers in Montgomery, AL, are ready to represent you. You can start with a free, no-obligation consultation today. If you decide to move forward with us, we can take care of your entire case at no charge as you recover.
We believe everyone should be able to pursue their legal options without the cost being a hurdle that can get in the way of you receiving justice. Our injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we will pursue after the responsible parties in your case without you paying us in advance. We receive payment if we settle your case, and you are awarded financial compensation. We can explain how our legal team works under this contingency fee agreement during your initial consultation.
How Our Montgomery Car Accident Attorneys Can Help Your Case
Managing an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit can be difficult when healing from an unexpected car accident. Dealing with insurance companies can be a hassle. Some injuries require extensive recovery time and focus, making it hard to keep track of important timelines and deadlines that can affect your case’s outcome.
When you leave the handling of your case to us, you won’t have to worry about what happens. We will take care of everything from start to finish. We can:
- Investigate the accident scene in Montgomery to determine what happened and why
- Identify all potentially liable parties in the accident, including ones not present at the scene when it happened (e.g., such as a manufacturer of faulty car parts or an entity responsible for maintaining the road where the accident happened)
- Collect and review the official accident report from police, medical records, medical bills, witness statements, and videos from nearby surveillance cameras, including traffic cameras or dashcams
- Obtain copies of income statements from your employer or other earnings documents
- Gather photos of the accident and any damages
- Talk with witnesses about what they saw and document testimony that supports your case
- Consult experts who can testify to your ongoing and future damages from the accident
- Manage all communications with all parties in your case and handle all case-related paperwork, including filing your insurance claim or lawsuit
- Update you regularly on your case’s status, explaining all developments and applicable laws, and answering your questions
We will protect your rights and look out for your interests throughout the legal process as we seek financial recovery for your medical expenses and more. We offer clients comprehensive legal services that ensure we cover their needs as we fight for their recovery.
Recoverable Damages in a Montgomery Car Accident Case
Our car accident attorneys in Montgomery, AL, will negotiate a fair settlement agreement on your behalf. We can seek maximum compensation for several expenses and losses the client experienced as a result of the accident. The value of these damages depends on your actual losses.
The compensatory damages you could recover in a Montgomery motor vehicle accident case include:
- Current and future medical care expenses
- Ongoing rehabilitation care costs (e.g., physical therapy)
- Current and future lost income
- Diminished earning capacity if you cannot return to work
- Property damages, including repair or replacement of the involved vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Other non-economic damages, such as mental anguish, emotional distress
Wrongful Death Damages
If your loved one passed away from the injuries they suffered in the car crash in Alabama, our Montgomery wrongful death lawyers could help you file a wrongful death claim to collect punitive damages.
In Alabama, only punitive damages are available for wrongful death. Our attorney can walk you and your family through the process and explain how it works, who is eligible to pursue compensation for wrongful death, and other matters concerning this legal option.
Deadline for Filing an Alabama Car Accident Lawsuit
Ala. Code § 6-2-38 sets a statute of limitations deadline for filing a personal injury lawsuit based on when the Montgomery car accident happened. Car accident victims in Alabama generally have two years to take legal action to hold the at-fault driver accountable.
If you miss this deadline, you will likely lose your right to file a personal injury lawsuit and pursue financial recovery. Our auto accident attorneys will file your case on time, giving you one less thing to worry about as you recover from the car accident.
Building a Montgomery Car Accident Case for Compensation
Car accidents vary widely in cause and severity. Even in two accidents of the same type, the injuries, damages, and other outcomes can be drastically different. As a part of building a compensation case for our clients, our attorneys work to understand the type of accident claims they have, the cause of the accident, and the injuries our clients sustained.
We Can Prove Negligence
If you sustained car accident injuries in Montgomery or Greater Montgomery County, Alabama, you may be able to hold the at-fault driver responsible and recover a payout for accident-related losses you experienced. If a lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm represents you in your car accident case, our team will investigate your accident to prove negligence and liability. This will require us to prove that your case contains the four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: The at-fault motorist had a responsibility to do or not do something to keep others safe while on the road.
- Breach of the duty of care: They failed to uphold this responsibility.
- Causation: Their failure directly caused the accident, and the accident resulted in your injuries.
- Damages: You sustained financial, physical, and emotional damages that the liable party should compensate you for.
You can count on us to represent you to the insurance company, the court, and other parties. We will fight for your best interests as we navigate through this process. Beforehand, we can review your insurance policy to verify liability limits, and what losses it covers. Our personal injury attorneys can protect you from accepting quick settlements that fall below what your accident needs require. It’s another reason to consider hiring a personal injury law firm that can help you protect your rights and interests before making a major decision.
Contributory Negligence Laws in Alabama
According to Alabama’s contributory negligence law, your right to compensation could be affected if you are at fault for any portion of the accident. Unlike other states, individuals found guilty of negligence might be unable to recover damages.
You can get in touch with us today to discuss the matter further and learn more about the options you have.
Consult With a Montgomery Car Accident Lawyer from Our Alabama Firm
If you suffered injuries in a car accident in Montgomery or Greater Montgomery County, Alabama, our car accident attorneys may be able to help you hold the at-fault motorist liable and seek compensation to cover your accident-related bills, financial losses, and non-economic damages.
Let a member of the Morris Bart law firm team from any of our offices across the Gulf South review your case for free today.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.