If another driver caused your Montgomery, Alabama locationsmontgomery-alcar-accident-lawyer, car accident, you may qualify to take legal action against the at-fault driver and collect compensation for the injuries, expenses, and losses you suffered. To learn more about your rights and for a free case review, contact a Montgomery car accident lawyer today.
A member of the legal team at the Morris Bart law firm can discuss your case with you today for free. Call (334) 523-0664 now to get started. If we believe you have a compelling case, we may offer to handle your insurance claim or lawsuit based on contingency.
Montgomery Car Accident Causes, Types, and Injuries
Car accidents vary widely in cause and severity. Even in two accidents of the same type, the injuries, damages, and other outcomes can be drastically different. As a part of building a case for compensation for our clients, our attorneys work to understand the type of accident, the cause of the accident, and the injuries our clients sustained.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s National Motor Vehicle Crash Causation Study, some causes of traffic accidents include:
- Distractions, both inside the car and outside
- Fatigue and falling asleep behind the wheel
- Drunk driving or drugged driving
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Not slowing down enough for a curve or turn
- Failure to yield
- Failure to maintain lane, improper passing, or failing to signal when passing
- Running a red light or stop sign
Our team can take on almost any type of car accident case. Some of the most common types of car accidents include:
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Side impact collisions
- Sideswipe accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
The injuries that occur in a car accident can include life-altering traumatic brain injuries or spinal cord injuries. They may also include fractures, soft tissue injuries, internal injuries, broken hips, broken limbs, neck and back injuries, whiplash, and other injuries.
All these injuries require medical care, and some require extensive and ongoing treatment and support. The time away from work can be devastating to the victim and their family’s financial stability. We believe accident victims should not have to endure this type of undue financial stress because someone else acted negligently and caused an accident.
At the Morris Bart law firm, we can help Montgomery car accident victims pursue and possibly recover compensation to cover their accident-related damages and losses, preventing them from having to pay these expenses and losses out of pocket. Our clients pay nothing up front, and we only collect attorney’s fees if we recover compensation. Call (334) 523-0664 to learn more.
For a free legal consultation with a Car Accident lawyer serving Montgomery, call 800-537-8185
Building a Montgomery Car Accident Case for Compensation
If you sustained car accident injuries in Montgomery or greater Montgomery County, Alabama, you may be able to hold the at-fault driver responsible and recover a payout for the accident-related losses you experienced. If a lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm represents you in your car accident case, our team will investigate your accident to prove negligence and liability. This will require showing:
- The at-fault motorist had a responsibility to do or not do something to keep others safe
- They failed to uphold this responsibility
- Their failure caused the accident and the accident resulted in your injuries
- You sustained financial and physical damages
Steps we will need to collect evidence that supports your claim for compensation and to build a compelling case include:
- Obtaining the police report, your relevant medical records, and other necessary documents
- Interviewing all eyewitnesses to the accident about what they saw
- Analyzing other types of evidence
- Enlisting the help of accident reconstruction experts and other types of experts
- Collecting proof of your accident-related expenses and losses
Our team will communicate with you regularly about the status of your case. You can count on us to represent you to the insurance company, the court, and other parties, and to fight for your best interests as we navigate through this process.
Call the Morris Bart & Associates law firm at (334) 523-0664 to get started today.
Montgomery Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
There Are Time Limits on How Long You Have to File a Lawsuit in an Alabama Car Accident Case
Alabama Code § 6-2-38 sets a deadline for filing a personal injury lawsuit based on your Montgomery car accident. Car accident victims in Alabama generally have only two years to take legal action and try to hold the at-fault driver accountable. Missing this deadline likely means losing your right to file a personal injury lawsuit and pursue financial recovery.
Recoverable Damages in a Montgomery Car Accident Settlement
When the Morris Bart law firm is able to negotiate a just settlement agreement on behalf of one of our clients, we can recover compensation for a number of the expenses and losses the client experienced as a result of the accident. The value of these damages depends on the individual’s actual losses.
The types of recoverable damages in a Montgomery car accident case may include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Ongoing care costs when necessary
- Current and future lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity if the victim cannot return to their job
- Property damages, including repair or replacement of the involved vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Other noneconomic damages
- Wrongful death damages for surviving family members of a car accident victim who passed away from their injuries
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Talk to a Montgomery Car Accident Lawyer Today
The Morris Bart law firm has offices across the Gulf South, including more than 15 fully staffed offices in Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi. If you suffered injuries in a car accident in Montgomery or greater Montgomery County, Alabama, we may be able to help you hold the at-fault motorist liable and seek compensation to cover your accident-related bills, financial losses, and noneconomic damages.
Let a member of the Morris Bart law firm team from our Montgomery office review your case for free today. You can receive your complimentary consultation by calling (334) 523-0664 now.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.