You shouldn’t have to suffer if another driver caused your car accident in Montgomery, Alabama. We understand you and your loved ones are likely in pain physically and even financially because of the crash. By hiring a car accident lawyer in Montgomery, you can pursue compensation to cover your damages and losses.
Our clients pay our Montgomery personal injury lawyers nothing up front, and we collect attorney’s fees only if we recover compensation. If you’ve been hurt in a wreck, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by reaching out to Morris Bart & Associates, LLC, to learn more about your options.
We Work Hard to Help Our Montgomery Clients Recover from Auto Accidents
The Morris Bart law firm has more than 100 attorneys and more than 150 legal professionals working on injury cases across Alabama and several other Gulf South states. We are here to help the injured recover the compensation that can help them recover from unexpected, life-changing losses.
Our founding attorney, Morris Bart, is a New Orleans native and has been practicing law for more than 40 years. Our injury firm has won more than 5,800 cases since 2021, showing our commitment to helping as many people as we can.
Here are a few testimonials our clients have shared with us:
- “My attorney did a great job and I couldn’t have had a better experience.” – Ansley M.
- “I really appreciate the service and the way you treat your clients. I love the service. I would recommend Morris Bart to anyone!” – David O.
- “Thank y’all for doing a good job. I appreciate everything Morris Bart’s office did for me.” – Adrian S.
Our car accident lawyers in Montgomery are ready to represent you. You can start with a free consultation today.
For a free legal consultation with a Car Accident lawyer serving Montgomery, call 800-537-8185
Recoverable Damages in a Montgomery Car Accident Settlement
Our car accident attorneys in Montgomery, AL, will negotiate a fair settlement agreement on your behalf. We can recover compensation for a number of the expenses and losses the client experienced as a result of the accident. The value of these damages depends on your actual losses.
The compensatory damages you could recover in a Montgomery car accident case include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Ongoing rehabilitation care costs (e.g., physical therapy)
- Current and future lost income
- Diminished earning capacity if you cannot return to work
- Property damages, including repair or replacement of the involved vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Other non-economic damages
Wrongful Death Damages
If your loved one passed away from the injuries they suffered in the car crash in Alabama, our Montgomery wrongful death attorneys could help you file a wrongful death claim to collect punitive damages.
Our attorney can walk you and your family through the process and explain who is eligible to pursue compensation for wrongful death and other matters concerning this legal option.
Montgomery Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-537-8185
Building a Montgomery Car Accident Case for Compensation
Car accidents vary widely in cause and severity. Even in two accidents of the same type, the injuries, damages, and other outcomes can be drastically different. As a part of building a case for compensation for our clients, our attorneys work to understand the type of accident, the cause of the accident, and the injuries our clients sustained.
We Can Prove Negligence
If you sustained car accident injuries in Montgomery or greater Montgomery County, Alabama, you may be able to hold the at-fault driver responsible and recover a payout for the accident-related losses you experienced. If a lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm represents you in your car accident case, our team will investigate your accident to prove negligence and liability. This will require showing:
- Duty of care: The at-fault motorist had a responsibility to do or not do something to keep others safe while on the road.
- Breach of the duty of care: They failed to uphold this responsibility.
- Causation: Their failure directly caused the accident, and the accident resulted in your injuries.
- Damages: You sustained financial, physical, and emotional damages that the liable party should compensate you for.
Our Lawyers Will Collect Evidence to Prove Your Montgomery Auto Accident Case
To support your claim for compensation and build a compelling case, our Montgomery car accident lawyers must collect evidence by:
- Obtaining the police report, your relevant medical records, and other necessary documents
- Interviewing witnesses to the accident about what they saw
- Analyzing other types of evidence, such as dashcam or traffic cam footage
- Enlisting the help of accident reconstruction experts and other types of experts
- Collecting proof of your accident-related expenses and losses
Our Montgomery injury law firm will communicate with you regularly about the status of your case. You can count on us to represent you to the insurance company, the court, and other parties and to fight for your best interests as we navigate through this process.
Click to contact our Montgomery Personal Injury Lawyers today
Deadline for Filing an Alabama Car Accident Lawsuit
Ala. Code § 6-2-38 sets a deadline for filing a personal injury lawsuit based on your Montgomery car accident. Car accident victims in Alabama generally have two years to take legal action and try to hold the at-fault driver accountable.
If you miss this deadline, you will likely lose your right to file a personal injury lawsuit and pursue financial recovery. Our auto accident attorneys will file your case on time, giving you one less thing to worry about as you recover from the car accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contributory Negligence Laws in Alabama
According to Alabama’s contributory negligence law, your right to compensation could be affected if you are at fault for any portion of the accident. Unlike other states, individuals found guilty of negligence might be unable to recover damages.
You can get in touch with us today to discuss the matter further and learn more about the options you have.
Consult With a Montgomery Car Accident Lawyer From Our Alabama Firm
If you suffered injuries in a car accident in Montgomery or greater Montgomery County, Alabama, our car accident attorneys may be able to help you hold the at-fault motorist liable and seek compensation to cover your accident-related bills, financial losses, and non-economic damages.
Let a member of the Morris Bart law firm team from any of our offices across the Gulf South review your case for free today.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.