If you or a loved one was the victim of an accident caused by improperly loaded truck cargo, you might be entitled to compensation for damages through a personal injury case. You could receive compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost income, and more.
A Montgomery improperly loaded cargo lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm can provide legal advocacy while leading your case. The Morris Bart law office has 15 locations and over 40 years of experience. Our team is prepared to help you bring a claim against the at-fault party.
Who Is Liable for an Accident Caused By Improperly Loaded Truck Cargo?
It is not always easy to determine who is at fault for an accident caused by negligently loaded truck cargo. There may be many different parties that are responsible for loading and inspecting cargo.
Liability for your accident could fall to:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The company that manufactured or designed the devices used to secure cargo
- The manufacturer or designer of the trailer latch, doors, tires, tank, or another truck part
- The shipper or property broker
- The party responsible for maintaining or repairing the truck
Figuring out who is liable for the truck accident is a crucial element in securing compensation. The Morris Bart law firm’s legal team has experience investigating truck accidents and determining the liable party. In many cases, more than one party is responsible for the accident.
For a free legal consultation with a Improperly Loaded Cargo Accident lawyer serving Montgomery, call (334) 523-0664
Damages You May Be Entitled to if You Were Injured By an Improperly Loaded Cargo Truck
If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a collision caused by improperly loaded truck freight, you might be able to recover financial compensation for the damages you suffered. These damages could include past losses and ongoing costs related to your injuries.
You could receive monetary compensation for:
- Your emergency medical treatment following the accident
- Follow-up and rehabilitative medical care such as physical therapy
- Medications and other medical needs
- Lost income from missed work
- Harm to your income-earning ability caused by your injuries
- Vehicle repair or replacement
- Out-of-pocket expenses caused by your injuries
You could also receive compensation for the non-financial harm the accident caused, including:
- Disfiguration from burns or scars
- Physical impairment
- Mental suffering
- Physical pain
- Lost enjoyment of life
Evidence We Can Use to Build a Strong Case Against the Negligent Party
An injured person is entitled to compensation when another party’s negligent actions resulted in damages. The Morris Bart law firm must prove that the trucking company or other party’s negligence caused your injuries and that you sustained damages.
To prove the needed elements of your injury case, we may use evidence such as:
- Statements from experts in the trucking industry, engineers, accident reconstruction specialists, and medical professionals
- Eyewitness testimony
- The truck driver’s logbook
- The truck’s event data recorder
- Trucking company records
- Maintenance records
- Shipment loading records
- Police reports
- Traffic camera footage
- Healthcare records
We can represent you both in and out of the courtroom
We know how disrupting a severe truck accident can be to a victim’s life, and we believe that you should be compensated accordingly.
The Morris Bart law office can:
- Investigate your case thoroughly
- Gather evidence to bolster your claim
- Communicate with the insurance company on your behalf
- Advocate for you in settlement negotiations
- Submit the necessary paperwork to the court
- File a personal injury lawsuit
- Represent you during the trial if we cannot reach a settlement
- Protect the rights of you and your family throughout your case
Call our Attorneys for a Free, Confidential Consultation
The Morris Bart law firm is a contingency fee firm that only collects fees if we successfully secure monetary compensation for you. Let us handle your case so you can focus on healing.
Questions?Call (334) 523-0664
to find a Morris Bart office near you.