If you were in a rideshare car accident, either as a customer or as a driver, the Morris Bart law firm can help you seek compensation for your losses. Our Biloxi, MS, ridesharing accident attorney can pursue an insurance claim or lawsuit to recover your medical bills and other damages.
Our team can explain your options following an Uber or Lyft accident during a risk-free, no-cost case evaluation.
Understanding Rideshare Accident Insurance Coverage
Rideshare companies are unique because they do not employ full-time drivers. Instead, drivers are independent contractors who utilize the app to connect with riders. The companies claim they are just a technology that links the two. However, this relationship can make pursuing damages after an accident more complex.
Two popular rideshare companies in Biloxi and throughout the country are Uber and Lyft. Both Lyft and Uber provide insurance coverage for their drivers, but only in specific situations. Therefore, determining the insurance coverage that applies at the time of the accident can be complicated. For example:
- When the rideshare app is off, and the driver is not working, their personal liability insurance applies.
- When a driver is on the app but not yet paired with a rider, Uber and Lyft provide $50,000 per person/$100,000 per accident in coverage for death or bodily injury and $25,000 in property damage liability coverage.
- When a driver pairs with a rider or is carrying passengers, the rideshare company provides $1 million in auto liability coverage for death, bodily injury, or property damages until the ride is complete.
The above amounts comply with H. B. No. 1381, which mandates insurance coverage for transportation network companies (TNCs) operating in Mississippi. Additionally, Uber and Lyft maintain insurance coverage for delivery drivers, though Lyft Delivery’s coverage amounts are low.
We Have the Experience Necessary to Navigate Complex Rideshare Cases
Here at the Morris Bart law office, we know how to assign liability, determine applicable insurance coverage, and take action in a rideshare accident case. Our team has more than 40 years of legal experience and Our mission is to help you secure the compensation you deserve as quickly and efficiently as we can, leaving you free to focus on your health and family.
For a free legal consultation with a Ridesharing Accident lawyer serving Biloxi, call (228) 357-9621
Pursuing Damages in a Biloxi Rideshare Accident Case
Our Biloxi ridesharing accident attorney can likely file an insurance claim or take legal action if one of the following is true:
- You suffered injuries in an accident as a rideshare driver, passenger, or third party.
- A rideshare driver caused your accident when they collided with your vehicle.
- A rideshare driver hit you in a pedestrian or bicyclist accident.
- A negligent third party (such as another motorist, a vehicle manufacturer, or a property owner) contributed to your collision.
In any of these situations, it is important to have a solid understanding of the injuries and damages you suffered before filing a claim. You cannot know what a fair settlement might entail, unless you know the value of your losses and expenses.
When our personal injury attorneys represent a traffic accident victim, we document their injuries, prognosis, treatment, future and ongoing care expenses, property damages, and more. We want to ensure you recover appropriate compensation so that you and your loved ones do not suffer financially due to a negligent party’s mistakes.
Biloxi Ridesharing Accident Lawyer Near Me (228) 357-9621
Estimating the Value of Rideshare Accident Damages
If we take your case, we will use the value of your losses to seek a fair settlement that adequately compensates you for your accident. The recoverable damages could include the following:
- Initial care, stabilization, and transportation to the hospital
- Rehabilitation and related expenses
- Ongoing care costs
- Current and future lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property losses
- Other related out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Additional intangible losses
- Wrongful death compensation on behalf of a deceased loved one
We May File a Lawsuit on Your Behalf
Occasionally, it is not possible to reach a settlement that compensates our client fairly. The insurer or rideshare company may refuse to accept responsibility or issue a reasonable offer, requiring us to take additional action to recover a payout for our client.
Mississippi law gives us three years to file a civil suit when this occurs, per Miss. Code Ann. §15-1-49.
This period begins on the accident date and generally expires on the third anniversary of the collision. If necessary, we can file a lawsuit in a Harrison County civil court against the driver, rideshare company, or another liable party in your case., As long as we act before the time limit passes.
Click to contact our Biloxi Car Accident Lawyers today
Morris Bart, LTD Handles Rideshare Accident Cases on Contingency
When you choose a Biloxi ridesharing accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm, we will outline a fee schedule based on contingency. Our team will explain this to you in detail during your initial consultation. Generally, we will not ask you to pay us any upfront or out-of-pocket fees.
Instead, our payment is contingent on our ability to secure a settlement or financial award in your case. We request a pre-agreed-upon portion of your financial recovery at the end of the proceedings. You will not be charged attorney fees if we do not recover compensation for your damages or losses.
Our services include:
- Preparing and filing your insurance claims
- Collecting case evidence, including eyewitness accounts, police reports, and medical records
- Identifying all liable parties and potential damages
- Communicating with insurance agents and opposing counsel
- Aggressively negotiating for the maximum possible settlement
- Tracking and adhering to case deadlines
- Representing you in court if necessary
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reach Out to Morris Bart, LTD Today
A Biloxi ridesharing accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm can fight to hold the rideshare driver or company accountable and recover compensation for your damages.
Discuss your accident case with a team member from the Morris Bart law firm for free today. Contact us at (228) 678-5713to get started with your complimentary consultation. We help rideshare accident victims throughout Mississippi, as well as in Louisiana, Arkansas, and Alabama, from 15 conveniently located offices around the Gulf South.
Questions?Call (228) 357-9621
to find a Morris Bart office near you.