If you were hurt in a collision caused by a negligent driver, a New Orleans, LA, bicycle accident lawyer from the Morris Bart law firm can help you seek compensation and justice based on the facts of your case. We represent accident victims in Orleans Parish and other areas in and around the city.
Our team provides complimentary case assessments. You can learn more about your rights as an accident victim, how to hold the at-fault driver accountable, and how our team will help.
We Seek Damages for Our Clients Hurt in NOLA Bicycle Accidents
The compensation we pursue for our clients hurt in a bicycle versus motor vehicle collision depends on the damages they suffered. We gather evidence of their physical, emotional, and financial harm and demand the at-fault driver’s insurance carrier compensate them accordingly.
Examples of recoverable damages in these cases include:
- Medical care and all related costs
- Future treatment and care needs from accident injuries
- Lost income from work hours missed
- Reduced earning capacity if they cannot return to their previous job
- Property damages, including bike repair or replacement
- Pain and suffering and other non-economic damages
We also represent families in wrongful death claims in New Orleans. Under La. Civ. Code Art. 2315.2, certain immediate family members of fatal crash victims can recover compensation for their losses. We build a case and demand a just payout for these families. We may be able to recover:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of income
- Loss of services
- Non-economic damages, such as loss of companionship and loss of support
We also provide complimentary claim evaluations for families who lost a loved one in this type of collision. We can review your legal options and help you understand the complexities of this type of claim.
For a free legal consultation with a Bicycle Accident lawyer serving New Orleans, call (504) 613-4771
Our Team Fights for Justice After New Orleans Bicycle Accidents
At the Morris Bart law office in New Orleans, our team believes that Orleans Parish can be a safe and enjoyable place to cycle. This is true for recreational riders, bicycle commuters, and those who use their bicycle for work. However, careless and reckless drivers pose a risk to everyone they share the road with.
This is why our team accepts traffic accident cases based on contingency and pursues justice for the victims. While we have 15 locations across the Gulf South–Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Arkansas, our New Orleans office is:
Pan American Life Center
601 Poydras Street, 24th Floor
New Orleans, LA 70130, United States
From this location, our team of personal injury attorneys serves New Orleans and many outlying areas, including:
- Belle Chasse
- Saint Bernard
As our case results show, our attorneys know how to navigate the claims process and secure compensation for our clients after crash injuries. If you hire us to represent you, you can expect:
- A free case review
- A clear, easy-to-understand explanation of our fee structure
- Protection of your legal rights as an accident victim
- A legal team that manages all communication with the insurance companies
- Regular case updates
- Someone who can answer your questions 24/7
- A full investigation into your collision
- A strong claim supported by evidence
- A demand for a fair and just settlement
- Aggressive negotiations if the insurer will not agree to our settlement offers
- A lawsuit, if necessary, to get justice in your case
- Representation at trial, which is rarely needed but available
New Orleans Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (504) 613-4771
Understanding how Bicycle Accident Claims Work in New Orleans
Like other types of traffic accident cases, bicycle versus car collision claims depend on proving fault. Imagine you suffered injuries in a collision in New Orleans East. You were riding your bike to The Village de L’Est when a driver ran a stop sign and hit you.
Our team can build a case to prove what happened, file a claim based on the driver’s auto liability insurance policy, and pursue fair compensation from the insurance company. This is a very straightforward example, and many cases are not so simple. However, our attorneys know how to prove negligence and liability in any collision.
In most cases, the negligent party is also liable. Negligence occurs when:
- One party has a duty to obey a certain traffic rule or act in a specific way to keep others safe.
- They fail to act appropriately, violating the law or putting others in danger.
- Their actions caused an accident or incident, in this case, a collision.
- The victim suffered harm, including physical, emotional, and financial losses.
All four of these elements must be in place before saying a driver is at fault in a crash. Only with this evidence to support our claim or lawsuit can we successfully recover compensation for our client.
We also know how to navigate circumstances where the at-fault driver might not be the only liable party. This could include commercial vehicle accidents, mass transportation collisions, and crashes caused by problems with the road or a defective car part.
Will My Bicycle Accident Crash go to a Jury Trial?
Not all bicycle collision claims require filing a lawsuit, and even fewer go to trial. There may be some situations when we need to sue the at-fault driver or another liable party. This usually occurs when:
- The insurer disputes a finding of fact, such as the accident cause
- The insurer believes our client is responsible for the crash
- The insurer will not offer a fair settlement
- We are approaching the deadline, and the insurance company has not agreed to a payout
In Louisiana, the statute of limitations on filing a lawsuit is very short. Under La. Civ. Code Art. 3492, you generally only have one year to sue. Circumstances of your crash could mean you have even less time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Speak with Our Legal Team Today to Learn More About Your Rights
As an accident victim in New Orleans, you have legal rights. The Morris Bart law firm can go over these rights, your options for justice, and more during a free consultation.
Call (504) 613-4771 today to discuss your injuries and next steps with our team.
Questions?Call (504) 613-4771
to find a Morris Bart office near you.