Cases in which dozens of victims suffer at the hands of the same reckless or negligent party may warrant a mass tort action. The root causes of mass tort claims can encompass everything from heartburn medications, to earplugs, to electronics, and much more.
Whether it was a defective product, a dangerous drug, or another act of negligence that caused you harm, a New Orleans mass tort lawyer at the Morris Bart law firm can be there to fight for your right to compensation. Our experienced attorneys will help you understand your legal options and are adept at navigating the complex mass tort legal framework..
For more information about mass tort claims in Louisiana, contact a representative at the Morris Bart law firm today for your free consultation at (504) 613-4771.
Mass Tort Claims vs. Class-Action Lawsuits
Mass tort claims aim to help mutual victims who have suffered from the negligent actions of the same company. As victims involved in a mass tort claim may have different circumstances surrounding their cases, these legal actions differ slightly from class-action lawsuits.
In a class action, the prosecution groups the claims into one large case in order to go to trial. Meanwhile, claims in a mass tort action remain relatively separate. This way, if the prosecution is unable to secure a large settlement on behalf of the whole group, each victim can decide to take their individual case to court. Regardless, both actions serve a similar purpose for victims.
At the Morris Bart law firm, our lawyers work on mass tort claims dealing with dangerous drugs and defective products. By representing victims in these widespread cases, we hope to make a tangible impact on our communities, hopefully making them a little safer after we stand up to these acts of injustice.
For a free legal consultation with a Mass Tort lawyer serving New Orleans, call 800-537-8185
A Closer Look at Our Mass Tort Services Surrounding Defective Products
The attorneys at the Morris Bart law firm have handled mass tort claims dealing with the BP gulf oil spill, Roundup herbicides, transvaginal meshes, and many more hazardous products. This includes products ranging from recalled airbags in cars to dangerous surgical instruments to defective medical implants.
These experiences allow our lawyers to understand what you may be going through after an accident like this. This knowledge only fuels our drive to fight for your right to compensation. Currently, our firm is handling claims related to the following:
- 3M Combat Arms Earplugs
- Hernia Mesh
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos
- Talcum Powder & Ovarian Cancer
- Mirena IUD
- Ozempic and adverse health effects
Even if your injuries and losses were not related to a defective product, a New Orleans mass tort lawyer may be able to help you better understand your legal options moving forward. The Morris Bart law firm also proudly represents individual personal injury cases, allowing victims from every background to attempt to recover damages associated with their losses.
To get started with your free consultation, contact a team member at the Morris Bart law firm today at (504) 613-4771.
Acts of Negligence Commonly Displayed in Dangerous Drugs Cases
If your injuries were caused by a dangerous drug, exposing negligence may be an important first step in determining liability for your pain and suffering. Regardless of the intended use of the drug in question, these cases tend to have similar root causes, including hazardous ingredients, negligent safety practices, and public misinformation.
Most commonly, these negligent practices will fall under at least one of the following categories:
- Misleading or inadequate labeling: The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has specific labeling guidelines for pharmaceutical manufacturers. When companies do not follow these guidelines, it can cause wide-ranging issues. The resulting misunderstandings about the drug can occur in both the doctors who prescribe it and in the patients who take it. This can potentially cause adverse reactions, complications with dosages, and more.
- Underestimating the health impacts of the drug: Underestimating a drug’s side effects can cause a company to put countless innocent victims in harm’s way. Further, the patients who take the drug may also underestimate its health impacts, potentially leading to serious unforeseen medical concerns.
- Mistakes surrounding the testing process: This act of wrongdoing involves illegitimate testing practices, potentially leaving room for catastrophic side effects or unrealistic expectations regarding the drug’s supposed benefits. Unfortunately, details regarding faulty testing processes often make their way to the FDA after a drug has already been widely distributed. Even if the company issues a recall, the damages may be irreversible for many victims.
Mass Tort Lawyers Proudly Fighting for New Orleans Victims
The biggest benefit of a New Orleans mass tort lawyer is that we can be there to represent the needs of numerous victims all at once. However, this does not mean that your unique needs will be cast aside if the case becomes difficult. Mass tort attorneys often work together to meet the specific needs of clients.
With so much at stake for so many people, we treat mass tort claims very seriously. If you believe your injuries are part of a larger mass tort claim, we may be able to help. Keep in mind that according to Louisiana Civil Code Article 3492, there is a one-year statute of limitations on all personal injury claims. If your claim is based on an incident that occurred over a year ago, the court may dismiss it.
Our firm serves clients all over New Orleans, including Orleans Parish and New Orleans East. We also have offices throughout Louisiana and the South. To learn more, contact a representative at the Morris Bart law firm today at (504) 613-4771 for your free consultation.
to find a Morris Bart office near you.